tank for empire team

Hi
I am a lvl 79 player running currently palp (l) , vader, boba (will sub to thrawn in a few days when ready) , tarkin , and old ben. I have a 3* sion and i will have a 5* Gk in 1,5 week. Should I start gearing up sion for my arena team, or will kenobi be better? Also do you think i should change tarkin to tfp? https://swgoh.gg/u/tr1gergo/collection/

Replies

• Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    I would go for Tarkin instead of TFP.Also as a Tank you can use either Shore,Storm or Sion but keep GK out.He has 0 synergy with the rest of the team and gains no TM from Vader/Palp.He is just dead weight to your team. :)
  • Well I guess the question would be which way to you ultimately want to go? Empire or Sith? If Empire since you dont have Shore or RG ready then I would say stick with Old Ben until you can obtain and gear General Kenobi then swap him out since he is pretty versatile. If you are going Sith it may be prudent to go with Sion, but your problem with him is that his taunt would be easily dispelled and you would lose out on your tank with no other benefit he can really provide since he works better in mostly sith based teams.

It all also depends on what the rest of our shard looks like as far as team comps go. In either case I think until you get more Sith/Empire toons to fill out your roster better then id stay with OB then move to General kenobi once you have him since your squad synergy is all over the place as is.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    You should gear and level Sion regardless. He is arena viable at 3 stars and causes great trouble to people in TW. A few people have him in my top 50 at 3* i break top 50 with a 4* . December 2016 shard. Also Sion is now farmable from store. Kenobi may be better overall, but cant go wrong with Sion. He will always be a useful character I think. And he can work in any team.
  • what about palp, vader, thrawn with 2 tanks (sion and kenobi)? would it be better, than 1 tank and tarkin?
  • because palpatin can die very easily
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I'd say Sion too, because soon(even now) Traya's will appear in the arena and gk just feeds them due to assist. My other bet is shoretrooper, will try him as soon as Traya's appear
  • my shard is pretty young (2018 jan) so i REALLY hope I wont see trayas for some months.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    tr1gergo wrote: »
    my shard is pretty young (2018 jan) so i REALLY hope I wont see trayas for some months.

Maybe a few whales that are in heroicing guilds may get him...probably at the 6 shard pace though.
    Post edited by No_Try on