Qui-Gon Jinn's leader ability at rank 8?

Is the database at www.swgohcantina.com accurate?
If so, I'm assuming we will see nothing but Qui-Gon Jinn leaders once the level cap increases and we get rank 8 abilities.

Probably resulting in backlash nerf to QGJ, like happened to Poe. Please dont nerf the rest of QGJ great kit because of this. Just prevent it in advance.

I took a look at some other leader abilities at 8 to see how they improved and didnt notice any one of them becoming this broken, although i might have missed it. For example mace windu at rank 8 adds a 5% heal to jedi that crit on his team. It's in tune with the character role and his current crit leader and doesnt seem too strong.

I'd rather the QGJ leader ability at rank 8 add a different effect to jedi (or possibly enemy sith). Jedi teams arent likely to become OP while characters like dooku, cad bane and sidious are around. Or alternatively just add a little more speed to jedi (like Tarkin rank 8 empire speed). All other speed leader abilities (Asajj, Ackbar, Lando, Lobot) add different effects at rank 8, according to the database.
And if a character gives general + speed, needs to be a lower amount. Being able to ignore squad type is a huge advantage.

Replies

• Doga
    808 posts Member
    Can u please post details of the issue you are speaking of.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    The dstsbade tell us what is datsmined. It is "correct" ... for now. Just like Greedo Magnaguards have changed recently, they could change QGJ before we get to 8 skill level.

QGJ will be mandatory if that's his leadership. I hope they give him something different
  • Based on other abilities I would guess non-Jedi will get half the boost.

Even if it is that way it will be the strongest leader ability
  • Red_Glare
    106 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Doga wrote: »
    QGJ's lead ability lvl 8 upgrade states : "Effect applies to all allies"
    So, ALL of your heroes gets +25 speed. Lvl 82 needed to upgrade.

• Doga
    808 posts Member
    i hope they don't nerf it as I will have QGJ up to 6 stars by then and still using GS, Daka, Poe, Rey, Kylo, Dooku, Sid, etc. etc. :D
  • Blev08
    141 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Hopefully it does get changed, otherwise unless the meta game changes significantly between then and now, it will be nothing but QGJ leaders. That being said, we probably have what, at least 6-8 months before they raise the level cap to where this would become an issue?
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    Red_Glare wrote: »
    QGJ's lead ability lvl 8 upgrade states : "Effect applies to all allies"
    So, ALL of your heroes gets +25 speed. Lvl 82 needed to upgrade.

That's insane!
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited February 2016

At rank 8 it seems that jinn no longer is restricted to jedi in his leader ability of boosting speed.
    It seems that he will raise the whole teams speed.
    His fear is that every player with jinn will instantly make him leader breaking the dynamic in arena and will cause a "knee ****" nerf reaction from the devs.

Given that everytime the devs alter a toon (good or bad) they basically ignore whats broken and nerf/buff something else about them (generally due to lack of proper info/feedback like with barrissgate i think) and no one is happy about it (i hope they dont do this but track record says otherwise)

I think the OP is correct in that thats exactly how it will play out. Rite now speed rules and a leader that will make all members faster reguardless of synergy wouod indeed rule.
  • If level 82 needed, will have to wait till level cap raised to 90 I guess...
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    ^this. Plenty of time for them to change his power. Or come out with something even more game-shaking from someone else I guess.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Let this thread stay dead. There was no need to bump it. This possible future is a long way off and is already being irrationally discussed in a couple other "nerf QGJ nao!!!!111!!!" threads that were on the front page.