Any plans for the carbanti issue?

Rapid
421 posts Member
I know this is an age old 'problem' for players but I was looking at new potential farms today, building a few new teams. It's been a while since i've geared anyone because of the carbanti crunch and wow! i'd forgot just how bad it is. all decent new toons need so many. captain han 350. sion 350. even sun fac needs 500! who's ever going to gear him that hasn't already?

As I said it's nothing new. I'm just wondering if the devs are happy with the situation or whether they plan to address it in some fashion? did anyone catch that from the Q & A's? They obviously know the numbers and i understand the game has to make money. but would less = more perhaps?

personally i think a good solution would be to just drop the price in the store to 700 crystals for one, like the orange gear. i've never ever brought a carbanti for 1400 because it's just too much but for 700, i probably would. so that would be more crystals spent on them from me even at half the price.

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Guild store, shard shop, 15 challenges a week, territory war rewards, guild event store.

If you’re still hurting for Sensor Arrays between all of that...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    we get about 1 per week from challenges. TW rewards i get about 8 from each win. so that's what? 6 a week on average. you'd have to be stupid to spend guild event store on carbantis. shard store yes, probably pick up about 18 a week on average.guild store we've just had starck, fostp and his ship to farm amongst others. for arguments sake, let's say another 25 from there.

so loosely that's 100 per week.

that's 5 weeks for sun fac's carbantis.

anyway, i wasn't asking people if they thought if i was struggling for them. i was asking if anyone picked anything up from them in the Q and A's?
  • Options
    Rapid wrote: »
    I know this is an age old 'problem' for players but I was looking at new potential farms today, building a few new teams. It's been a while since i've geared anyone because of the carbanti crunch and wow! i'd forgot just how bad it is. all decent new toons need so many. captain han 350. sion 350. even sun fac needs 500! who's ever going to gear him that hasn't already?

As I said it's nothing new. I'm just wondering if the devs are happy with the situation or whether they plan to address it in some fashion? did anyone catch that from the Q & A's? They obviously know the numbers and i understand the game has to make money. but would less = more perhaps?

personally i think a good solution would be to just drop the price in the store to 700 crystals for one, like the orange gear. i've never ever brought a carbanti for 1400 because it's just too much but for 700, i probably would. so that would be more crystals spent on them from me even at half the price.

On a side note I brought my sun-fac up to gear 12 on Wednesday.
  • Options
    I just grab em from whatever store they pop up in usually, between that and challenges and whatnot probably pull in 2-3 a week, but yeah since everyone needs em just seems like you're constantly farming them. Which I spose technically you are. Once you got all the shops done it improves and the occasional raid reward. It is what it is.
  • Options
    Carbantis have worked themselves out for me. As mentioned above you can get them pretty fast now. The big issue is now the yellow eyeballs....
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Guild store, shard shop, 15 challenges a week, territory war rewards, guild event store.

If you’re still hurting for Sensor Arrays between all of that...

Then you are every1 who plays this game seriously?

If this was meant to be a joke ?? I guess it was humorous...

I'm currently sitting on 3 crafted on my main... that DOESN'T mean it's not a serious issue... it is THE gear bottle neck in this game. Gold eyeballs suck... they don't "GK needs 10 fully crafted carbantis" kind of suck though.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Carbantis have worked themselves out for me. As mentioned above you can get them pretty fast now. The big issue is now the yellow eyeballs....

I wouldn't say completely but yes they have increased the locations to be able to get them quite well and while they are still in high demand, when you focus farm them they come in pretty quick.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Options
    i accept that farming them is easier than it used to be. putting them in different stores has helped. still, does anyone know the answer to my original questions:

I'm just wondering if the devs are happy with the situation or whether they plan to address it in some fashion? did anyone catch that from the Q & A's?

or was putting them in different stores their answer?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Rapid wrote: »
    i accept that farming them is easier than it used to be. putting them in different stores has helped. still, does anyone know the answer to my original questions:

I'm just wondering if the devs are happy with the situation or whether they plan to address it in some fashion? did anyone catch that from the Q & A's?

or was putting them in different stores their answer?

Yes this seems to be exactly what they are saying in the QA
    Neo2551: Why are the gear requirements so unbalanced? Mk3 Carbanti, Mk5 stun guns, mk3 cuffs, mk8 biotech balls, mk4 comlink? Are there any plans to relief the burden in the short future?
    [SA] We've substantially improved gear income for most players piece by piece over the last several months, but we know that there is more work to do here. Our next step for adjusting gear income is going to come out of looking at the impact of the raid rewards changes. Specifically, while most top-end gear will get a little easier to acquire as a result of these changes, we suspect a few pieces will still need some additional loosening, and we will have more to share on this once we get initial feedback and data.

now we are just waiting on the raid rewards changes to balance out some more.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Options
    @Kyno thanks for that.