Multiple Zetas to burn - looking for thoughts.

Ok, I have 3-4 Zetas to burn. Looking for some thoughts on who I should do from the list below and what order. Fyi my Imperial Troopers need a lot of work. I rotate 1st in Arena without much issue using multiple different teams. Traya will be showing up soon though and will need to have a counter.
My guild isn't going to be HSR for awhile, but wouldn't mind planning for that as well.
Here's my swgoh.gg account for a reference:
https://swgoh.gg/u/gocubs/

Multiple Zetas to burn - looking for thoughts. 55 votes

Wampa 5*
5%
MareczqRigglerJammax 3 votes
JTR Lead
32%
SarcodinoHaybarn564leefVertigoLiamtbqhN1c0FlamethrowKaziglubeyoa6817IndigøPlooshNomad1941KyJoe_CoolMacattack9Damba_BaDanHandsomeBahumatImmorta1lynx 18 votes
JTR unique
1%
ShannonP35 1 vote
BB8
1%
CPace 1 vote
Asajj Lead (have zzMT)
1%
dennishsnyder57 1 vote
Veers
16%
Bill0207NameProphet_Chinchilla01PerroTrebor_ColeLord_TerminusCunningLinguistShmurdaTKYaeVizsla 9 votes
IPD 4*
0%
DN unique
5%
pinkfloydDarthGugelSHAD0W4576 3 votes
Thrawn unique
23%
CCyrilSKynoSethRoganJay_1997_CGoodgilThorantorMugami_Chinzano1Random9HilmalaAtalasCommanderRacheonMcClapYoHandz123Ron_ONeal35 13 votes
Other/hold
10%
Tuftedpaper85TooLWallynator94c1ever_punSeanutBShok 6 votes

Replies

• I am open to honest and helpful feedback.
    Thank you ahead of time to all those that vote and respond! May the force be with you!
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Thrawn unique
    I don't think you can ever go wrong with thrawn. I'd also look into IPD as this is supposedly part of one team that might counter Traya. Good luck! Wish I had this problem.
  • IPD as a counter doesn't last long enough to use his zeta to its full potential.
  • CPace
    151 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    BB8
    using Rey's special skill (defiant slash) with BB8 zeta would do nice since your doing damage 3 times to your elected enemy
  • JTR would be mostly for the raid/TW as I don't use her in arena. She will disappear soon just like GK/Zarris did once Traya gets out there.
  • Other/hold
    Chewie
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Other/hold
    Wait to see what Bossk and the BH rework has to offer. Shouldn't be much longer before it's released. Only then can you make an educated decision with all information. Patience, for a bit longer!
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Veers
    Veers opens doors. And in particular, increases your ability to accumulate those IPD shards.
    Still not a he.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Thrawn unique
    Firstly I will say if you have almost 4 to burn, hold 2. You will stress less later, if you always have 2 to drop when the stuff hits the fan.

What are your goals? Where do you want to increase your effectiveness the most?

• @Kyno That's the problem, I'm kinda in between and not all in on 1 thing right now. I was hoping the zeta(s) would force a direction for me
    Also, I usually keep 30 Zetas mats in my back pocket. That way I'm not far from 2 if needed in an emergency.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Thrawn unique
    Go_Cubs wrote: »
    Kyno That's the problem, I'm kinda in between and not all in on 1 thing right now. I was hoping the zeta(s) would force a direction for me
    Also, I usually keep 30 Zetas mats in my back pocket. That way I'm not far from 2 if needed in an emergency.

That's a good plan, i usually keep 2 full zetas (40) as my 0 point. This worked out great when the palp rework came around.

For any other area of the game I would agree. But zetas are end game of development (currently)and they should be guided by something. If you can decide where you want to focus you should hold them.

Once you have a place where a zeta will help solid in 1, or 2 places make your move. But dont let other decide your focus, we all have our own plans and priorities.

Just as an example, I survived up until last month with no zetas on R2. Didn't even get him past g8, until 2 months ago. His zetas would be top 5 or so if you asked most people.
  • Shhh......I still haven't done either of R2's, but I haven't used him enough to justify it to this point. I have had a few successful attacks in arena with zero Zetas on a JTR team just to test out the mechanics. Her Zetas would be for raid only proposes as of now.
    Once Wampa is 7*, I'll want to throw one on him for sure, but that is a couple of months away.
    Asajj would also be raid only as I have a zzMT and can run a solid NS team.
    I have been using both Thrawn and DN a lot lately, so it would seem logical to possibly go that route.
    Veers I will do away some point, but seems silly until my Imperial Troopers become respectable (at least g9/10).
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Thrawn unique
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno That's the problem, I'm kinda in between and not all in on 1 thing right now. I was hoping the zeta(s) would force a direction for me

That's a good plan, i usually keep 2 full zetas (40) as my 0 point. This worked out great when the palp rework came around.

For any other area of the game I would agree. But zetas are end game of development (currently)and they should be guided by something. If you can decide where you want to focus you should hold them.

Once you have a place where a zeta will help solid in 1, or 2 places make your move. But dont let other decide your focus, we all have our own plans and priorities.

Just as an example, I survived up until last month with no zetas on R2. Didn't even get him past g8, until 2 months ago. His zetas would be top 5 or so if you asked most people.

Good advice. I put both on R2 early cuz that's what you were supposed to do. but honestly I wish I had them back. Yes he's good, but I could have done a lot better with them.
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Other/hold
    I feel like no one else wants to wait for BOSSK and BH rework...
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Veers
    I know you said your troopers aren't the greatest yet but my vote is veers anyway. Troopers are like the dark side resistence. 1 zeta makes the whole team great. In my opinion, it's the best zeta for dark side territory battles
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Thrawn unique
    Shhh......I still haven't done either of R2's, but I haven't used him enough to justify it to this point. I have had a few successful attacks in arena with zero Zetas on a JTR team just to test out the mechanics. Her Zetas would be for raid only proposes as of now.
    Once Wampa is 7*, I'll want to throw one on him for sure, but that is a couple of months away.
    Asajj would also be raid only as I have a zzMT and can run a solid NS team.
    I have been using both Thrawn and DN a lot lately, so it would seem logical to possibly go that route.
    Veers I will do away some point, but seems silly until my Imperial Troopers become respectable (at least g9/10).

With all that said I would say thrawn is a solid zeta. Arena, TB, and TW would all benefit for that choice. Even raids to some extent.

Veers has a similar level of usefulness in TW, TB and raids. But yes you need troopers

• @Bill0207 I moved my DT to g10 today with omegas. I just need to find 5-600 carbs to up the rest of the squad. lol
    Do you know which omegas are a must for the other toons? I'm NOT going to be using storm or magma at this time.
    Also, with the zeta/omegas what is the minimum gear I should have these guys to get through the IPD mission?
    G9/10
    I think I'll being doing Veers to help with DSTB/TW/Sith Raid.
  • Other/hold
    Zetas aren't something you should burn through. If you're not certain who you want to zeta, you should save it until you are
  • Update:
    1st - Thanks everyone again for taking the time to vote/comment! The SWGOH community is just awesome and is always willing to help each other.
    2nd - I chose guild over self on this one and went Veers. After testing a little in GW (I know it's not a true test), I'm happy with my decision. I have already bumped a few of the toons up a gear level or two. It's sorta the resistance of the DS once they get going.
    3rd - I am going to hold the others for now. I will do JTR/BB8 when the time comes for the HSR. I will also do Wampa once I'm at 7* (unless I decide to run a Vader lead - lol). That leaves Thrawn which i may do after I see the BH rework and/or the ship 2.0.
    Thanks again!!
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    JTR Lead
    Update:
    1st - Thanks everyone again for taking the time to vote/comment! The SWGOH community is just awesome and is always willing to help each other.
    2nd - I chose guild over self on this one and went Veers. After testing a little in GW (I know it's not a true test), I'm happy with my decision. I have already bumped a few of the toons up a gear level or two. It's sorta the resistance of the DS once they get going.
    3rd - I am going to hold the others for now. I will do JTR/BB8 when the time comes for the HSR. I will also do Wampa once I'm at 7* (unless I decide to run a Vader lead - lol). That leaves Thrawn which i may do after I see the BH rework and/or the ship 2.0.
    Thanks again!!
    You have both RJT and BB-8 well geared, I'd say do them both now, it will greatly improve your raid scores in HAAT and in the Sith Raid whether or not you're running heroic. Plus that's just one of the best TW teams to have on hand.
    After that I'd say hold onto them. Wampa's only at 5* so unless you're using him in arena, not really worth the zeta yet. Thrawn is honestly not really worth the zeta at this point and if you're going to need to look out for Traya counters, Thrawn's zetas are not going to be the answer. Traya isn't about applying a lot of debuffs with weak damage, and her lead makes counter attacking a bad idea.
  • @Vertigo Thank you for the thoughtful feedback!
    I run AA/CLS/Hoda/BB8/Asajj for HAAT, so that's a non issue. I could use the extra damage for the Sith Raid though, but it's such a chore to get in my 5 battles a day. It just isn't on my daily priority list with the rewards not lining up with the effort. We have had a t6 open for a few days, with multiple people yet to hit it.
    A couple of my shardmates will have Traya soon, so I'll have to see what works against her. I do have IPD as an option.
    I change my arena team daily and even between battles. Arena gets boring running the same thing day in and day out. I have been using Wampa on and off lately, but great call on the counter issue he would present!
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    JTR Lead
    @Vertigo Thank you for the thoughtful feedback!
    I run AA/CLS/Hoda/BB8/Asajj for HAAT, so that's a non issue. I could use the extra damage for the Sith Raid though, but it's such a chore to get in my 5 battles a day. It just isn't on my daily priority list with the rewards not lining up with the effort. We have had a t6 open for a few days, with multiple people yet to hit it.
    A couple of my shardmates will have Traya soon, so I'll have to see what works against her. I do have IPD as an option.
    I change my arena team daily and even between battles. Arena gets boring running the same thing day in and day out. I have been using Wampa on and off lately, but great call on the counter issue he would present!

Yeah, as far as Traya goes it also really depends on whether or not people run her as lead or under a Palp lead. Wampa w/ both his zetas and with Talzin might be effective in shutting down Traya's cleanse unique under Palp lead, but Thrawn teams will still only be wins on Offense and his zetas aren't going to change that immensely.
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Thrawn unique
    Thrawn unique and JTR leader are both pretty necessary to run the toon.BB8 also needs his zeta (at least roll with the punches) to function under JTR. You want to use any of them, you need those zetas.

The others are bonuses - as much as I hate strong people away from the Empire, your troopers need more work before they'll be worth one. I've invested 3 on my own troopers, and 5 other Imperial zetas, and haven't regretted any.
  • @Goodgil
    I'm not afraid to up some of the Imperial Troopers gear (ie, DT and ShT for sure), but I have Finn at g9 and that's plenty to get through phase 6 of TB.
    I know DSTB is much tougher, but I can pick at them until they are g9-11/12.
    Also, only a few in my shard have the zeta on Thrawn, so that's probably why I've never really looked in to it.
    I 100% agree on your JTR comment and might even add her second unique is a very nice bonus one as well.
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Thrawn unique
    @Goodgil
    I'm not afraid to up some of the Imperial Troopers gear (ie, DT and ShT for sure), but I have Finn at g9 and that's plenty to get through phase 6 of TB.
    I know DSTB is much tougher, but I can pick at them until they are g9-11/12.
    Also, only a few in my shard have the zeta on Thrawn, so that's probably why I've never really looked in to it.
    I 100% agree on your JTR comment and might even add her second unique is a very nice bonus one as well.

@Go_Cubs you misunderstood me...

Your Empire toons aren't strong enough right now to be worth a zeta. Great them up, than zeta them.

Thrawn unique and JTR leader are both required if you want to get somewhere with those toons. They're just not the same without them. The other zetas they have are good, but less important.