Facing GW Oppenents Orders Stronger than I

Replies

• Waqui wrote: »

I have tried running several variations of teams, with different leaders, to try and take out the KRU leader, and save enough toons to finish off the rest, but I get smoked. Their turn meters alone are brutal between the level, Gear, and KRU's leader ability adds 25 more speed.

[...]

If anyone has advice on which abilities, toons, Gear, etc. I should be focusing on outside of my T5, it would be appreciated. (I know resistance, but that isn't going to be a thing for me for sometime...)

By those final nodes, you really should have at least 10 characters preloaded with some turn meter to have an advantage, when you really need it.

Furthermore, I would recommend to kill the weaker characters first f.ex. with your B—team before you put in your A team to take the rest. Going for KRU first is probably not the best strategy. Dispel his taunt instead and go for Tarkin, f.ex. Also use ability blocks wisely (Vader, TFP, Boba etc.) to provent some of the more annoying enemies. Op top of that you could use TFP to inflict buff immunity to prevent advantage, taunt, retribution etc.

I tried looking you up on swgoh.gg but without luck. May I suggest that you post a link to your account? It's easier for everybody.

https://swgoh.gg/u/rodgersterlingarcher/

I did try what you suggested, unfortunately, I would stun KRU, take out Tarkin and Boba, and get smoked by Phasma and Kylo, or go for Kylo and and Tarkin, and get demolished by Boba... (fill in the blanks on the variations, point is I would take out 2 of them, and the other 3 would make me their B*#@%!)

I eventually also tried a B team 1st, but that went horribly... they all died before I could kill one of them (thank _____ for retreat).

Finally, After multiple toon reworks (at least 10) I decided I was going to loose 1 full team, and tried to take out as much of the supporting cast as possible.

It started out pretty well actually: I got rid of Kylo, Boba, and Tarkin, which left Phasma and KRU (I sorry to say they were at basically full protection and health). Unfortunately, it took my KRU, Vader, TFP, Kylo, and Boba to so it (they actually work quite well together with stun, ability block, buff block, AOE speed down, etc...).Then, facing just those 2 with Tarkin, RG, FOTP, Phasma, and Jedi Consular, and I couldn't beat them. I had nothing to answer KRU's Stun/Counter/Taunt and Health Regeneration, except for my RG, who was targeted off the bat and taken out first. I also tried using mace instead of the consular to take away his taunt when I could, but still, he tore my face off, because I had no health regain. I played around with several other toon variations, but in the end, their KRU and Co. We're just better than mine (by kind of a lot actually, but who's counting right? [Me... I am...]).

I finally gave up after 30 40 additional minutes, and did my next GW - I won that GW fairly easily, even though I did have to use 10 toons for the last battle against a Wiggs led Rebel team.

If you have some time to take a look at my toons, constructive feedback is always welcome.

Thanks again for all the helpful feedback everyone, and to the others, please duct tape your hands together...
  • TVF wrote: »
    I am reasonably sure that

1) They are aware of the difficulty
    2) They're not going to change it

We all hit a wall at some point (although granted, the location and strength of the wall has morphed over time) and we all eventually power through it. The good news for you is, unlike some of us before you, you will power through it earlier. Once you reach level 85, the GW team power is now capped. So your roster will grow, your opponents will not, and eventually you will have no problem clearing the whole thing every day.

And that's the point at which it makes sense that you be allowed to sim it. Obviously it won't line up like that in most cases, but that's presumably the goal.

Good luck.

Yeah, I have to agree: my guess is they don't give a flying donkey's d*%&.

I also agree that being level 85 and winning a number of GWs is fair before obtaining multi-sim. 150 seems like a lot, especially because most players say that once you have 3 or 4 full teams, you can just hit auto battle and beat it while enjoying a nice quiet BM.

Thank you for the feedback nevertheless. Nice to hear that it may be easier for myself in the long run than some others before who came before me.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Don't know how much this will help you but I run Phoenix as my trash clearer (Rubbish teams that are around lvl 70-75 with no synergy) and switch to an empire team (My arena team) to clear those tougher opponents. Atm I'm not even going to touch a lvl 85 chaze team with a 10m stick still, maybe after I get ep, but majority of the time I clear gws.

Pretty much cleared gw everyday, sitting at 99/150. Maybe work on a debuff team of some kind and get boba/vader to get some quick kills or work towards thrawn to neutralise one of those big threats. I used to run a DN, bought him with shards, and tried to get an annihilate off.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    You have thrawn. A chaze team should be easy enough. Fracture baze kill off chirrut. Baze becomes a mortal rather than part of an immortal unstoppable duo.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Never seem to have enough damage to kill of chirrut or deal with his counter attacks so I just get out healed. I do always fracture baze though when I try.

It has been about two/three weeks since I've seen a chaze though so maybe I can.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Wardai wrote: »
    Never seem to have enough damage to kill of chirrut or deal with his counter attacks so I just get out healed. I do always fracture baze though when I try.

It has been about two/three weeks since I've seen a chaze though so maybe I can.

You may need to save specials for when baze is fractured.
  • Thank you everyone for the continued advice: some of it is longer term, but still appreciated.

So today, I have run into quite the conundrum in node 11 - if anyone has advice on how my toons can take out these d*%&s, I would really appreciate it:

ALL HAVE:
    - GEAR LEVEL: 10
    - ABILITIES: 1-3 OMEGA'D, 4 & 5 @ LEVEL 7
    - MODS: LEVEL 15, MK IV & V

A. THRAWN (L): 5*, 13.1k GP, Level 84,
    4 Speed & 2 Health Mods

K.R.U.: 7*, 15.5k GP, Level 84,
    4 Speed & 2 Health Mods

E. PALP.: 5*, 11.8k GP, Level 83,
    6 Health Mods

G.M. TARKIN: 7*, 15.3k GP, Level 84,
    4 Speed & 2 Health Mods

D. VADER: 7*, 15.4k GP, Level 84,
    2 Speed & 4 Health Mods

I have tried several combos of toons, but I keep getting smoked. I stun KRU right off the bat because of his double stun and 100% retaliation when taunting. I tried taking out Palp 1st because he is the weakest & his shock is a pain in the A$$, but get smoked by the other 3. Vader is REALLY hard to take down (tried that, got demolished by Palp).

The team I have that was most effective (keep your expectations low here) was KRU (L), Vader, TFP, Kylo, and Boba Fett. The first turn goes pretty well:

KRU: Stun enemy KRU

Kylo: Outrage - tried against all 4 bystanders, none of them get stunned even though @ 100% health (positive I have 100% health - he still has some protection...)

Boba: Death from Above against Palp - blocks abilities of up to 3 toons inc. Palp

Vader: Force Crush - Speed Down on all

TFP: TIE Strike - use against one of the remaining toons that haven't been ability blocked by Boba.

Then it all goes to s*&% once they go:

Palp usually goes first and shocks KRU with basic attack, Vader then Ability Blocks one of my toons with his Basic, then Thrawn does something to magically get rid of his debuffs and calls Tarkin to attack, and then Tarkin starts to shoot off his basic. Now that their 1st turn(s) are over, they go to town - immediately take out my TFP and take out Boba (he revives). Then Palp AOE shocks the ever-living $%*& out of my team, and they proceed to dismantle me 1 by 1...

Any suggestions? Even if I have to use all my toons, I would rather finish node 11, get the payout, and have nothing left for 12, than lose node 11 and never even have a glimpse at 12...

My Toons: https://swgoh.gg/u/rodgersterlingarcher/

Thanks girls and boys!
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Long term but you really need first order officer with your team. He is so important to first order teams.

He is the fastest fo character, he boosts kylos tm then kylo uses the ability that gives tm to fo allies then everyone gets to go.

Id advise a suicide squad strong enough to force thrm to use palpatines mass stun and thrawns fracture. Then you can stop everything going to **** for your real team for 3 or 4 turns which you spend focusing on killing off palpatine because thry rely so much on the mass stun.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    Long term but you really need first order officer with your team. He is so important to first order teams.

He is the fastest fo character, he boosts kylos tm then kylo uses the ability that gives tm to fo allies then everyone gets to go.

Id advise a suicide squad strong enough to force thrm to use palpatines mass stun and thrawns fracture. Then you can stop everything going to **** for your real team for 3 or 4 turns which you spend focusing on killing off palpatine because thry rely so much on the mass stun.

Solid feedback - thank you very much. I will definitely start working on FOO.
  • So this is the MOST DIFFICULT team I have run into so far, and it is punishing: I can't even put a dent in them...

I am now Level 82, but other than that, not too much has changed - I have been working all week on getting my Imperial Storm Trooper up to 7 stars to try and get R2 & get him to 7*...

ZFINN RESISTANCE TEAM:

ALL: LEVEL 85 - 7* - 5 DOT MODS (majority at level 15, but not all)

FINN (L): 18.4k GP, G11
    Abilities: All Maxed
    Mods: 4 Health, 1 Speed, 1 Crit Chance

SCAV REY: 15.6k GP, G11
    Abilities: 1-3 Maxed; 4 @ level 7
    Mods: 4 Crit Chance, 2 Health

RES. PILOT: 14.0k GP, G10
    Mods: 2 Crit Chance, 2 Health, 1 Tenacity, 1 Def.

POE: 15.8k GP, G11
    Abilities: 1, 2, & 4 Maxed; 3 @ level 4
    Mods: 3 Health, 2 Speed, 1 Potency

RES. TROOPER: 14.8k, G11
    Mods: 4 Crit Damage, 2 Health

I honestly have never attempted to take on a Zfinn team, so I have no idea what I am doing. I attempted with my Empire Team 1st to try and take out Finn 1st (it was ugly) then retreated a few times to try take out anyone and save my FO team for a second round, and that didn't go well either: couldn't even get close much less actually kill anyone...

I then tried with my FO team, and again, no luck... then with my Arena Team, and again, no luck... (I am sure you can see the trend here)

ALL advice, short and long term, is very much appreciated. Thanks!
  • So this is the MOST DIFFICULT team I have run into so far, and it is punishing: I can't even put a dent in them...

I am now Level 82, but other than that, not too much has changed - I have been working all week on getting my Imperial Storm Trooper up to 7 stars to try and get R2 & get him to 7*...

ZFINN RESISTANCE TEAM:

I honestly have never attempted to take on a Zfinn team, so I have no idea what I am doing. I attempted with my Empire Team 1st to try and take out Finn 1st (it was ugly) then retreated a few times to try take out anyone and save my FO team for a second round, and that didn't go well either: couldn't even get close much less actually kill anyone...

I then tried with my FO team, and again, no luck... then with my Arena Team, and again, no luck... (I am sure you can see the trend here)

So I decided to try again, just for giggles... AND I WON!

I used Tarkin (L), Vader, TFP, Stormtrooper, and Boba. I focused on taking out Poe 1st this time, and just doing as much damage as I could to the rest... Poe fell, and I did a decent amount of damage to the remaining toons protection.

Next, I went in with my FO Team: KRU (L), FOTP, Phasma, FOST, & KR. I stunned and then hammered on Rey to take her out 1st (tried other ways and had to retreat because her damage is nuts). Then, the Res. Trooper's health was down from previous AOE damage, so I stunned Finn, and took out the trooper. After that, I continued to take Finn out of the picture with Stun, and hammered him hard. The pilot took out my FOTP & FOST, but I still had the other 3. Once Finn fell, I had just enough left in the tank to take out the pilot, who fell easily once the rest were down.

This probably wasn't the best way to do this, but luckily it was the last node, so it was all or nothing. I would definitely still appreciate any advice you have. Thanks!
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    Always take Poe out first if able, After that trooper should be next, or Rey , Finn usually last cuz he is not much of a threat, trooper gains tm from exposes landing , so he is very fast . For zFinn squads, you want to disable expose generating chars ASAP, this neuter them quickly,
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

I have tried running several variations of teams, with different leaders, to try and take out the KRU leader, and save enough toons to finish off the rest, but I get smoked. Their turn meters alone are brutal between the level, Gear, and KRU's leader ability adds 25 more speed.

[...]

If anyone has advice on which abilities, toons, Gear, etc. I should be focusing on outside of my T5, it would be appreciated. (I know resistance, but that isn't going to be a thing for me for sometime...)

By those final nodes, you really should have at least 10 characters preloaded with some turn meter to have an advantage, when you really need it.

Furthermore, I would recommend to kill the weaker characters first f.ex. with your B—team before you put in your A team to take the rest. Going for KRU first is probably not the best strategy. Dispel his taunt instead and go for Tarkin, f.ex. Also use ability blocks wisely (Vader, TFP, Boba etc.) to provent some of the more annoying enemies. Op top of that you could use TFP to inflict buff immunity to prevent advantage, taunt, retribution etc.

I tried looking you up on swgoh.gg but without luck. May I suggest that you post a link to your account? It's easier for everybody.

https://swgoh.gg/u/rodgersterlingarcher/

[...]

Finally, After multiple toon reworks (at least 10) I decided I was going to loose 1 full team, and tried to take out as much of the supporting cast as possible.

It started out pretty well actually: I got rid of Kylo, Boba, and Tarkin, which left Phasma and KRU (I sorry to say they were at basically full protection and health). Unfortunately, it took my KRU, Vader, TFP, Kylo, and Boba to so it (they actually work quite well together with stun, ability block, buff block, AOE speed down, etc...).Then, facing just those 2 with Tarkin, RG, FOTP, Phasma, and Jedi Consular, and I couldn't beat them.

[...]

If you are on the final node, then don't worry about loosing your B—team. You won't need it any more anyways.

Looking at your roster, I see, that your FO team, Empire team and Boba Fett are your best options. By splitting them up in a team of two empire characters, two FO and Boba, you will loose some synergy. I guess it would work better if you kerp the two factions apart and then throw in Boba, when you need extra block/damage, or your JC when you need the healing.

Your empire team has plenty of debuff abilities (block, stun, offense/crit/speed down). Your FO has less (speed down and 2 stuns) but if you throw in Boba, you will have plenty there as well.

Your jedi are relatively weak, but still usable as a suicide squad.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    So this is the MOST DIFFICULT team I have run into so far, and it is punishing: I can't even put a dent in them...

ZFINN RESISTANCE TEAM:

So I decided to try again, just for giggles... AND I WON!

I used Tarkin (L), Vader, TFP, Stormtrooper, and Boba. I focused on taking out Poe 1st this time, and just doing as much damage as I could to the rest... Poe fell, and I did a decent amount of damage to the remaining toons protection.

Next, I went in with my FO Team: KRU (L), FOTP, Phasma, FOST, & KR.

[...]

This probably wasn't the best way to do this, but luckily it was the last node, so it was all or nothing. I would definitely still appreciate any advice you have. Thanks!

It looks like you figured out how to best benefit from faction synergies. Well done! :—)

• Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    had this happen to me a few times, btw, Thanks for that guide tip! lots of good info there! and good to know that I've made GW harder for myself, but still have been managing to complete it 50+times before lvl80. Honestly only really seen this twice, couple days ago my sixth! node had a higher levelled emp palp team who took me many many tries to get past, weirdly after that was a cakewalk as teams I went up against sometimes died before their turn.

And today when I went up against a lvl85 Stormtrooper gx+ team that killed everyone.. managed to kill the shoretrooper/veers/magmatrooper at least :p
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    And saying that, after going through my entire roster.. I beat that team... feelsgood.
  • Thurs 17 May 2018:

So as you can see it has been a few days since I last posted, well because GW has been going pretty well all in all: the advice of not increasing my top 5 any further has really paid off for GW, however I am starting to really suffer for it in the Arena... but that's a separate subject for another time.

Today I am posting because I just ran into this steaming pile of horse-s*%!:

(I am now Level 83 - No G11/G12 toons - No Zetas - Highest toon level in T5 is 82 - Highest toon GP overall is 14.5k - My T5 has not changed)

EMPIRE BASED TEAM - ALL LEVEL 85 - ALL 7*

PALPATINE (L): G12, 17.4k GP
    Abilities: 1-3 Maxed, 4-5 @ level 7
    Mods: 4 ct 3-5 Dot Potency, 2 ct 5 Dot Health

ROYAL GUARD: G12, 16.2k GP
    Mods: 6 ct Health (5 ct 5 Dot, 1 ct 1 Dot)

VADER: G11, 16.4k GP
    Abilities: 1-3 Maxed, 4/5 @ level 7
    Mods: 2 ct 4 Dot Potency, 4 ct 5 Dot Health

TARKIN: G9, 16.2k GP
    Abilities: 1-3 Maxed, 4 @ level 7, 5 Maxed (ZETA)
    Mods: 6 ct 3/4 Dot Potency

BOBA: G9, 13.8k GP
    Abilities: 1-4 Maxed, 5 @ level 7, 6 @ level 1
    Mods: 2 ct 3 Dot Crit Chance, 4 ct 3-5 Dot Health

I ran into a very difficult Sith Team just before this in node 11 (G9/10 Nhilus (L), Vader, Sidius, Dooku, Maul) which despite several attempts, wiped out my Boba, FOTP, Jedi Healer (needed a healer - tried without and got smoked), and did serious damage to my Kylo - KRU is the only one who came out intact...

So by the time I got to this s*%!-show in node 12, I have my Empire Team left, and KRU - needless to say I tried and got wiped.

This is ridiculous - my toons aren't even close - having ALL of those Omegas, much less a Zeta, is already a big delta, add on the G11/12 to those toons, and it becomes impossible.

This is what I have been talking about all this time. 1st: why am I facing team with 20k higher GP, 1-3 Gear levels higher than I, and 2nd: Why doesn't the algorithm adjust for Zetas and Gear Levels if it is based on your T5 TOONS total GP?

Anyway - I digress: If anyone can help me with tactics here, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks much.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    @RodgerSterlingArcher,

I just took another look at your roster. It seems that you really, really, REALLY, really could benefit from sorting your mods. You have several of your best mods equipped by characters which you neither use in the arena nor in GW. Just an example:

https://swgoh.gg/u/rodgersterlingarcher/mods/?slot_3=1&stat2_5=1

And another one:

https://swgoh.gg/u/rodgersterlingarcher/mods/?stat1_5=1

Personally, I would always allocate the best mods to my arena team (unless I temporarily need them on another team). Sorting this out will make both GW and squad arena much easier for you. The filtering option on swgoh.gg is a great tool to spot, where you can improve with the mods you already have.
  • You can also switch your best mods to whatever team you're using and then switch them back. It may help. Personally it's to much work to switch them all the time but it will help with tough teams.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    @RodgerSterlingArcher,

I just took another look at your roster. It seems that you really, really, REALLY, really could benefit from sorting your mods. You have several of your best mods equipped by characters which you neither use in the arena nor in GW. Just an example:

https://swgoh.gg/u/rodgersterlingarcher/mods/?slot_3=1&stat2_5=1

And another one:

https://swgoh.gg/u/rodgersterlingarcher/mods/?stat1_5=1

Personally, I would always allocate the best mods to my arena team (unless I temporarily need them on another team). Sorting this out will make both GW and squad arena much easier for you. The filtering option on swgoh.gg is a great tool to spot, where you can improve with the mods you already have.

Thank you for the feedback - I have started working on that, but I need more money. I just got Palp, and in the last 48 hours, I have brought him from level 1, no gear, to level 53, gear 7 (need money to get him to 63 so I can get his gear to 8, maybe higher depending on what he needs).

I have also started working on getting Potency Mods for Tarkin so that I can move his mods elsewhere. I also plan on stripping all the gear off my Stormtrooper for the time being, since I will be using Palp on my empire team instead.

I didn't know about the swgoh.gg gear sort - that's awesome! Huge tip!

I am always open to suggestions, so if you have anything specific, I am all ears.

As an added note, though I have taken a brief hiatus to work on Palp's gear, abilities, and mods, I have been pouring pretty much everything into finally getting my Phoenix team to be relevant- I really want Thrawn, 7 star Palp, and to be able to do the Rebel other rebel events. Hindsight is always 20/20 - should have done it sooner, but c'est la vie... better late than never.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    My point was, that you don't really need to spend resources to improve mod—wise. All you need to do is rearranging the mods you already have.

Working on Phoenix for Thrawn's event (and later rebel ships for Chimaera) and also on EP seems like a good plan. Best of luck to you :—)
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Just wanted to make sure that you know GW doesn't scale to GP no matter how similar the names. It scales to Stat Power, which is why sometimes you may see a huge divide in your opponents GP, because Zeta abilities add a lot of GP but minimal or no Stat Power. You not upgrading your own Omega/Zeta abilities might be gimping yourself for no reason...
  • RodgerSterlingArcher
    45 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Just wanted to make sure that you know GW doesn't scale to GP no matter how similar the names. It scales to Stat Power, which is why sometimes you may see a huge divide in your opponents GP, because Zeta abilities add a lot of GP but minimal or no Stat Power. You not upgrading your own Omega/Zeta abilities might be gimping yourself for no reason...

According to the developers, it scales directly to the total GP of your top 5 toons (may or may not be your Arena team).

And I would have to question your logic: I added 2 Omegas to my top 5 on the same day last week, with no additional gear, no leveling up, and no gear changes, and I saw an immediate increase in the difficulty of my GW opponents in the following days: I saw my first 3 Gear 12, level 85, maxed ability opponents, my first CLS led team, and my 1st (and 2nd) Zalpatine/Zader teams, all in the following week... I went from 12 strait wins to loosing 4 of 7. I have since stopped (again) doing anything to my top 5, working exclusively on my other toons, and the difficulty has again leveled off.

Maybe I am wrong, maybe not - hopefully it won't matter soon: in the next 2 weeks (give or take), I should hit level 85, I finally got Palpatine and I am quickly building him up to replace my Stormtrooper on my empire team, my Phoenix team is slowly but surely coming together, and the next time BB8 comes around, I should be able to not only acquire her, but also get her to 7* (BB8 is a she for all of you who didn't catch that in the movies...), which will give me yet another pc. in the Resistance team puzzle.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member

According to the developers, it scales directly to the total GP of your top 5 toons (may or may not be your Arena team).

And I would have to question your logic: I added 2 Omegas to my top 5 on the same day last week, with no additional gear, no leveling up, and no gear changes, and I saw an immediate increase in the difficulty of my GW opponents in the following days: I saw my first 3 Gear 12, level 85, maxed ability opponents, my first CLS led team, and my 1st (and 2nd) Zalpatine/Zader teams, all in the following week... I went from 12 strait wins to loosing 4 of 7. I have since stopped (again) doing anything to my top 5, working exclusively on my other toons, and the difficulty has again leveled off.

Maybe I am wrong, maybe not - hopefully it won't matter soon: in the next 2 weeks (give or take), I should hit level 85, I finally got Palpatine and I am quickly building him up to replace my Stormtrooper on my empire team, my Phoenix team is slowly but surely coming together, and the next time BB8 comes around, I should be able to not only acquire her, but also get her to 7* (BB8 is a she for all of you who didn't catch that in the movies...), which will give me yet another pc. in the Resistance team puzzle.

Please show me your source where Devs explicitly state that it scales to GP. Good luck finding it. This was probably way before your time but back then we could "break" our GW nodes by stacking enough Stat Power till there was no appropriate opponent and resulted in green geared computer generated teams. You'll no longer see it anymore as Devs have capped the difficulty. (BTW, it scales to the higher of Stat Power used by either your Arena team, GW team or cantina node team.)
  • RodgerSterlingArcher
    45 posts Member
    edited May 2018

Please show me your source where Devs explicitly state that it scales to GP. Good luck finding it. This was probably way before your time but back then we could "break" our GW nodes by stacking enough Stat Power till there was no appropriate opponent and resulted in green geared computer generated teams. You'll no longer see it anymore as Devs have capped the difficulty. (BTW, it scales to the higher of Stat Power used by either your Arena team, GW team or cantina node team.)

This is a very helpful thread (at least I think so) about GW strategy, and how GW Difficulty is determined:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127168/is-your-galactic-war-too-hard-here-is-some-help

If you read down through the 1st post on the thread (4th Paragraph, 2nd Sentance), the author quotes a dev (with a link):

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1176102/#Comment_1176102

In which CG_NotReallyAJedi (one of the devs) says:

"Nodes are calculated off your highest power, so it is possible you've reached a bracket where your opponents are more homogenized than lower brackets.

We do not compose your opponent squads, all the system does is choose an existing squad relative to your power and assign it to you. The pool of squads available to you are player-created, so these will shift as the meta shifts, especially in the higher brackets."

If you read my next post about my node 12 opponent, it will provide further evidence that what you are claiming is not supported...
    Post edited by RodgerSterlingArcher on
  • So the horse-**** continues for me in GW. As I stated in an earlier post, I feel I have made a critical error by placing 2 additional Omegas on one of my T5 TOONS (GMTarkin), because my GW has become much more difficult recently. This is the only change I have made to my T5 (no new gear, leveling up, or mods) In fact, I actually swapped out some of Tarkin's gear to give it to Palp, effectively lowering his GP a little, but the 2 Omegas I added seem to be really hurting me.

My Arena team remains the same with ZERO change (hasn't changed in almost a month), I am simming all of my Cantina & Light/Dark Battles, and I am actually using a lower overall GP and ability GW team until I get to the last node...

This all leads me to believe that this article's conclusions of the developer's response are accurate: YOUR GW DIFFICULTY IS BASED ON THE TOTAL GP OF YOUR T5 TOONS:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127168/is-your-galactic-war-too-hard-here-is-some-help/p1

So here it goes - my node 12 for today. I could really use some help on strategy for this one, so any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated:

ALL: LEVEL 85 - 7* - LEVEL 15 MODS

CLS (L): G10, 16.4k GP
    Abilities: 1-3 Maxed, 4-6 @ level 7
    Mods: 2 MKV Health; 2 MKIV & 2 MKV Crit. Dmg.

PRINCESS LEIA: G11, 15.5k GP
    Abilities: 1/2 Maxed, 3/4 @ level 7
    Mods: 1 MKIV & 1 MKV Crit Dmg;
    1 MKIV & 3 MKV Health

GENERAL KENOBI: G11, 17.1k GP
    Abilities: ALL MAXED!
    Mods: 6 MKV Health

HAN SOLO: G9, 15.3k GP
    Abilities: 1-3 Maxed, 4 @ level 7
    Mods: 2 MKV Health; 2 MKV Defense;
    2 MKIV Critical Damage

R2-D2: G10 15.7k GP
    Mods: 4 MKV Speed; 1 MKIV & 1KV Potency

Obviously I tried, but SUPER failed... I tried my Empire team and my FO team to try and whittle them down a bit and save the other to try and clean up, but I can't take anyone out without getting wiped. I was able to retreat and save both teams. I have all my toons available.

Suggestions?
  • You know the link and post you have quoted here is simply confirming what Huatimus has already told you. The matching for GW, uses STAT POWER, NOT GALACTIC POWER COMMONLY CALLED GP.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    You know the link and post you have quoted here is simply confirming what Huatimus has already told you. The matching for GW, uses STAT POWER, NOT GALACTIC POWER COMMONLY CALLED GP.

He probably didn't realise that the link and post was from the time period when there was no such thing as GP, only Stat Power. Thanks for proving yourself wrong!
  • So the horse-**** continues for me in GW. As I stated in an earlier post, I feel I have made a critical error by placing 2 additional Omegas on one of my T5 TOONS (GMTarkin), because my GW has become much more difficult recently. This is the only change I have made to my T5 (no new gear, leveling up, or mods) In fact, I actually swapped out some of Tarkin's gear to give it to Palp, effectively lowering his GP a little, but the 2 Omegas I added seem to be really hurting me.

My Arena team remains the same with ZERO change (hasn't changed in almost a month), I am simming all of my Cantina & Light/Dark Battles, and I am actually using a lower overall GP and ability GW team until I get to the last node...

This all leads me to believe that this article's conclusions of the developer's response are accurate: YOUR GW DIFFICULTY IS BASED ON THE TOTAL GP OF YOUR T5 TOONS:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127168/is-your-galactic-war-too-hard-here-is-some-help/p1

So here it goes - my node 12 for today. I could really use some help on strategy for this one, so any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated:

ALL: LEVEL 85 - 7* - LEVEL 15 MODS

CLS (L): G10, 16.4k GP
    Abilities: 1-3 Maxed, 4-6 @ level 7
    Mods: 2 MKV Health; 2 MKIV & 2 MKV Crit. Dmg.

PRINCESS LEIA: G11, 15.5k GP
    Abilities: 1/2 Maxed, 3/4 @ level 7
    Mods: 1 MKIV & 1 MKV Crit Dmg;
    1 MKIV & 3 MKV Health

GENERAL KENOBI: G11, 17.1k GP
    Abilities: ALL MAXED!
    Mods: 6 MKV Health

HAN SOLO: G9, 15.3k GP
    Abilities: 1-3 Maxed, 4 @ level 7
    Mods: 2 MKV Health; 2 MKV Defense;
    2 MKIV Critical Damage

R2-D2: G10 15.7k GP
    Mods: 4 MKV Speed; 1 MKIV & 1KV Potency

Obviously I tried, but SUPER failed... I tried my Empire team and my FO team to try and whittle them down a bit and save the other to try and clean up, but I can't take anyone out without getting wiped. I was able to retreat and save both teams. I have all my toons available.

Suggestions?

Well, I spent the last hour or so trying different tactics and attack patterns, and this is what happened (spoiler - I WON!)

1ST I used my Empire Team:
    Palpatine (L), Vader, Royal Guard, Tarkin, TFP. I focused Kenobi 1st - hit him with all of my AOE and specials except RG - I used his basic and stunned Kenobi. Kenobi used his "everyone attack" on my RG, who then got taken out by Leia. Long story short, because of ability and buff block, I was able to take out Kenobi. Then, because of all the AOE damage, Leia and Hon were fairly easy to take out. I was also able to get R2 pretty beat up, and the rest of my team fell to R2 and CLS.

I went back in with my FO team: KRU (L), KR, Phasma, FOTP, and Boba. Taking out R2 was easy, and CLS fell eventually.

Moral of the story: this team took a lot of work and strategy, but taking out Kenobi 1st was the key.

I hope this helps someone else.
  • RodgerSterlingArcher
    45 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    You know the link and post you have quoted here is simply confirming what Huatimus has already told you. The matching for GW, uses STAT POWER, NOT GALACTIC POWER COMMONLY CALLED GP.

He probably didn't realise that the link and post was from the time period when there was no such thing as GP, only Stat Power. Thanks for proving yourself wrong!

Um.... actually, GP came out around June of 2017, the author posted the thread in August of 2017, and the quote from the Dev is from July 2017, so I am not sure you have your facts straight.

Also, your explanation of GW Difficulty doesn't seem to correlate with the difficulty bumps I have been seeing...

Also, I have a least shown some evidence that GW Difficulty is based on the GP of my T5, and you have yet to do so.

If I (and the author of that thread) are incorrect, and you can prove that you are right using Developer Confirmed information, I invite you to post it here; I will happily concede should you prove your thesis.