Facing GW Oppenents Orders Stronger than I

13Next

Replies

• Huatimus wrote: »
    You know the link and post you have quoted here is simply confirming what Huatimus has already told you. The matching for GW, uses STAT POWER, NOT GALACTIC POWER COMMONLY CALLED GP.

He probably didn't realise that the link and post was from the time period when there was no such thing as GP, only Stat Power. Thanks for proving yourself wrong!

This is what the thread says:

Galactic War opponents are not based on your arena rankings or the highest power you've recently defeated or anything of the sort. According to this developer post the difficulty of your nodes is based on the combined power of the five highest-powered characters on your roster. This post empirically determined power percentages in each node, and while a developer stated that it isn't exact, it's broadly correct. What this means is that every time you give one of your five highest characters a piece of gear or add a star or upgrade their mods, you're making your Galactic War a tiny bit more difficult for yourself.
    You know the link and post you have quoted here is simply confirming what Huatimus has already told you. The matching for GW, uses STAT POWER, NOT GALACTIC POWER COMMONLY CALLED GP.

Are we reading the same article?

To avoid future confusion, here is what the author's post says:

Galactic War opponents are not based on your arena rankings or the highest power you've recently defeated or anything of the sort. According to this developer post the difficulty of your nodes is based on the combined power of the five highest-powered characters on your roster. This post empirically determined power percentages in each node, and while a developer stated that it isn't exact, it's broadly correct. What this means is that every time you give one of your five highest characters a piece of gear or add a star or upgrade their mods, you're making your Galactic War a tiny bit more difficult for yourself.

And he is referring to this post:

CG_NotReallyAJedi wrote: »

Nodes are calculated off your highest power, so it is possible you've reached a bracket where your opponents are more homogenized than lower brackets.

We do not compose your opponent squads, all the system does is choose an existing squad relative to your power and assign it to you. The pool of squads available to you are player-created, so these will shift as the meta shifts, especially in the higher brackets.

So I am unclear how they are both saying "power" (galatic power or GP one must assume) and the 2 of you are interpreting that as "stats".

Again, I implore you both to show me something counter to the developer's post which states the difficulty is based what you have won recently, be it Arena, Cantina, Battles, etc, and them how it would be calculated on stats and not GP. Additionally, why would they calculate on individual and/or aggregate stats, as opposed to GP, which is value that's is based on the overall power of a character or group of characters based on their character level, gear level, mod rarity and level, and ability level, which ultimately determine a toons stats. Why would the do away with GP to reverse engineer a value based on stats alone when they created GP to simplify the process across the board?

And I have to again point out that the ONLY character in my top 5 I buffed was Tarkin (with 2 omegas) who is not a member of my Arena Squad (never has been), and the only place I have used him is in GW, but not on my most powerful team, and yet my GW has become more difficult since the aforementioned assigned of the omegas to his abilities...

Huatimus said in his post that I might be gimping myself for no reason by not applying Omegas and Zetas to my T5 TOONS - how do either of you explain the difficulty bump if that is all I have done then? Those Omega'd abilities did not increase my toon's stats, but they did increase his GP, and I actually lowered his stats by applying lesser gear (lower level and rarity)...

• GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Huatimus wrote: »

He probably didn't realise that the link and post was from the time period when there was no such thing as GP, only Stat Power. Thanks for proving yourself wrong!

Nodes are calculated off your highest power, so it is possible you've reached a bracket where your opponents are more homogenized than lower brackets.

We do not compose your opponent squads, all the system does is choose an existing squad relative to your power and assign it to you. The pool of squads available to you are player-created, so these will shift as the meta shifts, especially in the higher brackets.

So I am unclear how they are both saying "power" (galatic power or GP one must assume) and the 2 of you are interpreting that as "stats".

Again, I implore you both to show me something counter to the developer's post which states the difficulty is based what you have won recently, be it Arena, Cantina, Battles, etc, and them how it would be calculated on stats and not GP. Additionally, why would they calculate on individual and/or aggregate stats, as opposed to GP, which is value that's is based on the overall power of a character or group of characters based on their character level, gear level, mod rarity and level, and ability level, which ultimately determine a toons stats. Why would the do away with GP to reverse engineer a value based on stats alone when they created GP to simplify the process across the board?

And I have to again point out that the ONLY character in my top 5 I buffed was Tarkin (with 2 omegas) who is not a member of my Arena Squad (never has been), and the only place I have used him is in GW, but not on my most powerful team, and yet my GW has become more difficult since the aforementioned assigned of the omegas to his abilities...

Huatimus said in his post that I might be gimping myself for no reason by not applying Omegas and Zetas to my T5 TOONS - how do either of you explain the difficulty bump if that is all I have done then? Those Omega'd abilities did not increase my toon's stats, but they did increase his GP, and I actually lowered his stats by applying lesser gear (lower level and rarity)...

I’ll try make it simpler.

The post you are trying to use as proof , is referring to stat power, also known as the old power rating, it does not say galactic power anywhere, the devs have stated before that Gw is based off your top five chars power level, based on the old rating, Why do you think that one of the common complaints is that guys face zeta squads in Gw when they don’t have any! Largely because under the old power rating system, zetas were worth basically nothing.

Since you like to search, and your searching pretty much in the right timeframe, look a little more in-depth, Your right regarding top five, but your wrong metric used. But , whatever, believe what you want, interpret how you wish ,

{EA_Lanna: removed bait}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

So here it goes - my node 12 for today. I could really use some help on strategy for this one, so any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated:

ALL: LEVEL 85 - 7* - LEVEL 15 MODS

CLS (L): G10, 16.4k GP
    Abilities: 1-3 Maxed, 4-6 @ level 7
    Mods: 2 MKV Health; 2 MKIV & 2 MKV Crit. Dmg.

PRINCESS LEIA: G11, 15.5k GP
    Abilities: 1/2 Maxed, 3/4 @ level 7
    Mods: 1 MKIV & 1 MKV Crit Dmg;
    1 MKIV & 3 MKV Health

GENERAL KENOBI: G11, 17.1k GP
    Abilities: ALL MAXED!
    Mods: 6 MKV Health

HAN SOLO: G9, 15.3k GP
    Abilities: 1-3 Maxed, 4 @ level 7
    Mods: 2 MKV Health; 2 MKV Defense;
    2 MKIV Critical Damage

R2-D2: G10 15.7k GP
    Abilities: 1-3 Maxed, 4/5 @ level 7
    Mods: 4 MKV Speed; 1 MKIV & 1KV Potency

Obviously I tried, but SUPER failed... I tried my Empire team and my FO team to try and whittle them down a bit and save the other to try and clean up, but I can't take anyone out without getting wiped. I was able to retreat and save both teams. I have all my toons available.

Suggestions?

Against rebels, you should probably send in your empire team. Vader and EP have anti—rebel synergies. Vader's AoE can't be countered. Stuns, speed down, offense down, buff immunity and ability blocks. Empire has plenty of debuffs to help you.

Most important of all:
    I've noticed, that you still haven't sorted out your mods. Until you do, that's really the best advice, I can give you : Sort your mods.

Good luck.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Also when posting the squad your up against post the actual character speed just saying what mods they have isn't totally helpful as speed is the most relevant stat and if they have good speed secondaries no one can see that in your posts
  • Darthpedro wrote: »
    Also when posting the squad your up against post the actual character speed just saying what mods they have isn't totally helpful as speed is the most relevant stat and if they have good speed secondaries no one can see that in your posts

Will do - should have thought of that.
  • Waqui wrote: »

So here it goes - my node 12 for today. I could really use some help on strategy for this one, so any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated:

1 MKIV & 3 MKV Health

2 MKIV Critical Damage

Obviously I tried, but SUPER failed... I tried my Empire team and my FO team to try and whittle them down a bit and save the other to try and clean up, but I can't take anyone out without getting wiped. I was able to retreat and save both teams. I have all my toons available.

Suggestions?

Against rebels, you should probably send in your empire team. Vader and EP have anti—rebel synergies. Vader's AoE can't be countered. Stuns, speed down, offense down, buff immunity and ability blocks. Empire has plenty of debuffs to help you.

Most important of all:
    I've noticed, that you still haven't sorted out your mods. Until you do, that's really the best advice, I can give you : Sort your mods.

Good luck.

I started working on them. I a super low on funds - I have a few mods that I have obtained, but have no money to upgrade.
  • RodgerSterlingArcher
    45 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Huatimus wrote: »

I’ll try make it simpler.

The post you are trying to use as proof , is referring to stat power, also known as the old power rating, it does not say galactic power anywhere, the devs have stated before that Gw is based off your top five chars power level, based on the old rating, Why do you think that one of the common complaints is that guys face zeta squads in Gw when they don’t have any! Largely because under the old power rating system, zetas were worth basically nothing.

Since you like to search, and your searching pretty much in the right timeframe, look a little more in-depth, Your right regarding top five, but your wrong metric used. But , whatever, believe what you want, interpret how you wish ,

{EA_Lanna: removed bait}

I can't understand what it is you aren't understanding, so I will try and make this as simple as possible:

I made 1 change: I added 2 Omegas to 1 toon, and no other changes, and my GW became substainally more difficult. Since the omegas had no impact on my toon's stats, only his abilities and overall GP, your logic doesn't seem to add up.

Also, I love how you question what I posted to begin with, asked for the reference, disregard the reference I provide, and yet you provide nothing to substantiate your position, despite multiple requests.

So I will ask you for the last time: show all of us a developer quote stating your position, or just keep your comments to yourself, because at this point, your argument doesn't hold water.
  • Huatimus wrote: »

Since you can’t understand simple exact sentences, I’ll try make it simpler.

I can't understand what it is you aren't understanding, so I will try and make this as simple as possible:

I made 1 change: I added 2 Omegas to 1 toon, and no other changes, and my GW became substainally more difficult. Since the omegas had no impact on my toon's stats, only his abilities and overall GP, your logic doesn't seem to add up.

Also, I love how you question what I posted to begin with, asked for the reference, disregard the reference I provide, and yet you provide nothing to substantiate your position, despite multiple requests.

So I will ask you for the last time: show all of us a developer quote stating your position, or just keep your comments to yourself, because at this point, your argument doesn't hold water.

I think the issue is that you haven't shown a developer post to assert your claim either. The post you have quoted refers to 'power', it does not specify whether that means 'Galactic Power' or this 'Stat Power' (disclaimer: I started Dec 17 so have no idea what stay power is).

You can't make a claim which isn't backed up by a dev and then insist that others need a dev post to refute it.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

1 MKIV & 3 MKV Health

2 MKIV Critical Damage

Suggestions?

Most important of all:

Good luck.

I started working on them. I a super low on funds - I have a few mods that I have obtained, but have no money to upgrade.

As previously stated:
    I'm not talking about farming/buying new mods. I'm talking about moving the ones you already have around. Trust me. That's really the best thing you can do to improve. And it's almost instant. Put your best mods on your arena team. The best of the rest on other characters you use frequently (f.ex. for GW). Your pilots don't need speed like the others do. They only need high dot/level mods.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I can't really help you more until you sort your mods. Trust me. That's the single best thing to do to beat GW (and improve your arena rank along the way too).
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Let me link the DEVELOPER post for you here.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/118613/power-rating-changes-update-megathread

This was right after the implementation of Galactic Power, and the Devs have specifically stated that GW scales to the old Stat Power, NOT Galactic Power.

And if you really want to know where to see Stat Power, please refer to my old post:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1268403/#Comment_1268403

{EA_Lanna: removed bait.}
  • EA_Lanna
    623 posts EA Community Manager
    Hey, I've removed a few recent posts, and edited others where I could from the thread, that were getting a bit heated. It's fine to disagree on things but please don't make posts personal. When you do it's taking it too far and we'll have to moderate users for that.