Visas Marr - the Anti Sith?

Greetings everyone,

When Visas Marr got announced I was very happy with a KOTOR character return to SWGOH. However every single time I use her, it is a question was she really an improvement to the team. Lets not focus on the enormous sum for getting this character to seven stars and thinking its a must for being a good character. Lets just look at the character in the history and Star Wars and thinking if this character seriously reflects the might it should maybe have inside SWGOH.

The character is light sided and an anti sith healer. Now when you use her against various teams (most of the arena right now are sith) and inside the sith raid you will notice the following:

Sith raid p1 - working well (but she is basically useless as all great damage combos do not need her at all)
Sith raid p2 - p4 - not working (undispellable debuffs totally break her kit, no riposte/extra assist/no cd reduction on her 7 round heal)
HRancor - working, but useless as you just need enough tm reduction
HAAT - working, but not needed addition
Arena - here it starts to become funny as she is basically just built around being Sith she is basically bad against all other team layouts

Now lets look how she is doing against Sith enemies inside Arena:
Darth Vader - Force Crush totally cripples her (no riposte/extra assist)
Darth Traya - Leader and Isolate totally destroy her
Darth Nihilus - Zeta unique cripples her (no riposte/extra assist)
Darth Maul - AOE cripples her (no riposte/extra assist)
Count Dooku - All attacks cripple her (no riposte/extra assist)
Sith Trooper - counterattack cripples her (no riposte/extra assist)
Sith Marodeur - special cripples her (no riposte/extra assist)
Emperor Palpatine - If she chain dispells all Sith team will get 5% tm for each debuff?
Darth Sion - /
Sith Assasin - /
Savage Opress - /
Darth Sidious - /

So basically the anti Sith Visas which was pretty powerful in the Star Wars canon is good for:
25% of the Sith raid (but not needed)
33% of the Sith (against the rest she gets destroyed, including Nihilus which only got defeated bc of her)

I am not entirely sure that the kit of Visas is really fitting at the moment. In my opinion she is way too weak against Sith and requires a very good and deep look at fixing her.

In my opinion to be fixed:
Must be more tanky and especially against Sith (Basically she drops in 3 non crit hits)
Riposte should always work no matter she has a debuff or not, maybe even no matter the attack is not ripostable for other Sith like Darth Vader (this riposte even often doesnt work even she is not debuffed and the attack is riposteable)
And thats the very minimum :-)

Please make her the hero in the galaxy she deserves to be!

Replies

• At the very least, remove the debuffed restriction from her zeta ability. Making it viable against a single faction is balance enough. Also, it may make the inevitable Traya wave a little less forboding.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Ive been using her very successfully in arena in place of g12 shoretrooper. Also, if you use her assists with magma hitting deathmark in p1 she is amazing!
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    At the very least, remove the debuffed restriction from her zeta ability. Making it viable against a single faction is balance enough. Also, it may make the inevitable Traya wave a little less forboding.

I wouldn't mind this one bit! Or at least don't count pain or isolation as a qualifying debuff.
  • Shore starts with taunt and buffs crit immunity + aoe heal. Her heal triggers all riposting character and mostly ends up being less health than you started with (which makes not that much of a sense).
    Her being useful inside one raid in a single phase doesnt make her a good character neither apparently...
    At the moment I do not see her as being anti sith - there exist other and better options for any team and this makes her kit just not adjusted correctly. She fits to the sith raid patch - could be a lot better if thought till the very end :-)

However its never too late to make the right changes! :smiley:
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    My suggested changes:

Telekinetic Blast
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy and dispel all debuffs on Visas and another random debuffed ally. If the target is Sith, Visas Marr and her lowest-Health ally also recover 15% Max Health. If any debuffs were dispelled, reduce the cooldown of Dark Healing by 1. If the enemy is a Sith the health gain will be trippled.

Dark Healing
    Deal Physical damage to all enemies. All allies gain Health Steal Up for 1 turn and recover Health equal to 35% of Visas Marr's Max Health. If Visas Marr is at full Health after using this ability, revive a random defeated ally at 50% Health. If the target is Sith, they will be inflicted by Daze before the attack.

Piercing Strike
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy and grant all allies Defense Penetration Up for 2 turns. This attack ignores Protection. If the enemy is a member of the Sith Triumphirate (Darth Traya, Darth Sion and Darth Nihilus) the target will be inflicted by fracture. This attack cant be resisted or evaded.

Returned to the Light
    While Visas Marr has no debuffs, she has +100% Counter Chance and a 60% chance to Assist when another ally attacks Sith enemies once per turn.

That would be anti Sith and suit her accomplishments in Star Wars :-)
  • XKurareX wrote: »
    Returned to the Light
    While Visas Marr has no debuffs, she has +100% Counter Chance and a 60% chance to Assist when another ally attacks Sith enemies once per turn.

I think that it would be more prudent to add: While Visas Marr has no debuffs, she has +100% Counter Chance and a 60% chance to Assist when another ally attacks Sith enemies. Whenever Visas suffers a debuff, she has a 55% chance to Dispel it and gain the opposite buff for 2 turns.
    I make character kits! Ask me and I will try my best to make one for fun.
  • Anything that would make her riposte attack actually work also in raid p2-p4 would be useful. Also against other Sith that would make just sense that she actually acts and not simply get stacked with dots and dies before doing anything at all.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Nothing is better than mighty Visas is dieing before she even can act. Thanks to dots which she cant reply to - than she just gets random aoe attacks and dies like a useless dog. Her full mechanic is rubbish and doesnt work outside of p1 sith raid. Very poor design - and no devs are even trying to fix something. Neither in the rubbish time sink raid nor mechanic of a char which costs more than 5 full games.

/cheers
  • JuliusSkywalker
    509 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I used Visas Marr often. I think she's sometimes useless because she sacrifices herself.

That's why I created a story for more characters who can work with her better like Atris, Bao-Dur and Meetra Surik. I know the written story isn't based on Legends.

Visit here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164529/ideas-for-characters-and-ships
    Post edited by JuliusSkywalker on
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Interesting article - thank you for linking it! She certainly needs to be upgraded in either way be it herself or with a group symbiosis. I really love her character, so I hope for the best :-)
  • Rebel_yell
    928 posts Member
    I've used her with a tenacity cross and sought mods that have a tenacity secondary in the other slots. She actually does a pretty decent job of resisting some of those debuffs. It does become RNG dependent (as with lots of mechanics in the game) but if he resists that first one you can get her on a pretty good cycle of assists and counters.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Unfortunately Vader at the top positions has got 60+ efficiency /95+ with imp...that would need an impressive amount to have any reliable number to get the riposte going.

Mechanic simply doesnt work well and this can see very well vs Traya/zNihilus/Vader/p2-p4 Sith raid

A change is needed to make her really a useful character as Sion is.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Update her unique a little bit: "While Visas Marr has no debuffs, she has +100% counter chance, +80% tenacity and a 60% chance to Assist when another ally attacks Sith enemies once per turn."

Plenty of unresistible debuffs out there so she's not impossible to debuff, but that way she would be good for a while, and then when she's debuffed you can cleanse her and she'll be back to having a good time.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Why not let her riposte same as all other characters?

You can put stun, daze on them to stop the character from doing so...this makes sense. She is a healer with very low hp and you wont have a problem killing her - even Dooku under Nihilus lead is no problem at all to dispatch if played properly.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    New Bug with Visas. Buff free - tie fighter pilot aoe and she doesnt ripostes (slowly really dislike how unfinished and buggy this character is)

Bad against all Siths and not working when she should
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Another bug:

Buff free - Nihilus aoe no riposte attack

Also if she gets speed buff from Thrawn she wont riposte (even its a buff at this moment)

Please reprogram this character - it doesn't work even how its described.

I wont tell that all Sith use debuffs, and its a super stupid idea to make an anti Sith char to be dependant on being buff-less - but seriously get this character working and/or remove the bugs.

Sion is great, but Visas i love. Sadly this Visas in SWGOH is just a shadow of herself. She simply doesnt work correctly at all!
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Another bug:
    Vaders main attack she doesnt riposte as well.../facesmash
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Usually you can get money back for broken stuff is it possible in SWGOH too? Could any moderator inform me please about this here?
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    ETA on Visas Marr fix? She is healing people with max health while others have 1% hp (but full shield) - she cannot heal shield so her healing makes blatantly zero sense.
  • stop posting, the devs clearly aren't paying attention to you.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    stop posting, the devs clearly aren't paying attention to you.

Thanks god I don't live in your country and can have a free speech. As I paid the full price for her (300 Euro), its my right to push till she will be fixed. If you didn't paid for her - just move on.

PS: Teach some kids and kkthxbye!
  • XKurareX wrote: »
    stop posting, the devs clearly aren't paying attention to you.

Thanks god I don't live in your country and can have a free speech. As I paid the full price for her (300 Euro), its my right to push till she will be fixed. If you didn't paid for her - just move on.

PS: Teach some kids and kkthxbye!

I agree with you posting the bugs.

You need to learn the definition of free speech.
  • It might help to post in the right section, there's a bug report section that they look at a lot faster.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Thanks. Its posted (by multiple people) and nothing moved. Thats why in forum it may help. So its the system of "if you cant get through the door you try to get through the window".

If you keep silent nothing moves ever in business. I hope for your understanding! :)
  • Oh, well, good luck with this issue then.
  • Calastar
    304 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    XKurareX wrote: »
    New Bug with Visas. Buff free - tie fighter pilot aoe and she doesnt ripostes (slowly really dislike how unfinished and buggy this character is)

I think the TFP applies rebuffs before damage
    I make character kits! Ask me and I will try my best to make one for fun.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Calastar wrote: »
    XKurareX wrote: »

I think the TFP applies rebuffs before damage

Many classes do - however than this whole concept of visas doesnt work at all (doesnt even work in Sith raid outside of p1). Should be not programmed that way. Maybe should be changed? But than again we got ships 2.0, sith raid...i guess they have a quality problem at the moment within that department.