Ships video

Ely
161 posts Member
Did you admit that now you are going to nerf the stats on ships in this video or is my perception off.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YzIo_jiZqhU

How'd any nerf go in the past ? I admit I'm beyond frustrated with the number of people who left over the last one.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Too soon to tell, sounds like a total revamp, and as such there will be ups and downs to effectiveness of all ships when they reimagine the stats to fit the new "spirit" of ships.

I didn't think it needed a whole new skin, just some follow through, as it felt like an incomplete project, but maybe this change will be great to break us of the current monotony.
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    @Kyno I hope so also.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Hard to call buff or nerf on a total overhaul. Even if the absolute stats were reduced by half across the board, it's relative power that matters and we have absolutely no way of judging that yet. From the video, it would seem that some of the "must have" ships will get relatively less useful (I wouldn't be surprised if TIE Reaper got its unique changed, especially with reinforcements meaning more than ever it could be game breaking) and some of the unused ones will get more useful. Probably the best way to think about it is that Ships 1.0 are over and a whole new version is coming.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    Hard to call buff or nerf on a total overhaul. Even if the absolute stats were reduced by half across the board, it's relative power that matters and we have absolutely no way of judging that yet. From the video, it would seem that some of the "must have" ships will get relatively less useful (I wouldn't be surprised if TIE Reaper got its unique changed, especially with reinforcements meaning more than ever it could be game breaking) and some of the unused ones will get more useful. Probably the best way to think about it is that Ships 1.0 are over and a whole new version is coming.

That's a good way to think about it, this was the best way to avoid the "buff and nerf", just start from scratch with ships 2.0 to have a better base to build on.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I G12'd FOTFP just for ships (I don't use him anywhere else but at least he's decent in the BB8 event and if FO is ever needed for anything else), and am just hoping that if they buff Plo, Asoka, Sun Fac's ships to be meta-defining that they at ~least~ hit those toons with a rework, as if the Jedi needed some reason to get some love since many are still hanging out unused with day 1 kits/stats.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    no no no, they're not nerfing the best ships, they're making less commonly used ships more effective ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I agree I think this is good for Fleet and yes I get 1st daily. Even if they nerf some top ships it will affect everyone not just me. If you only focused on ships that are the current meta then you made the mistake to do that. In arena the meta teams shift every couple of months. Fleet has been the same forever they are do for a change. So what if some ships get nerfed a little to create more balance. Wouldn't be the first time and balance is good for the game. Maybe not some individuals but it happens.
  • I think they’re just changing how abilities work since being a reinforcement gives buffs, they have to move those buffs so that they’re part of the reinforcement ability rather than their unique abilities
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • uiil
    2 posts Member
    Cap ships essentially gotta waste their first 2 turns launching ships = Net nerf

Maxed out ship will be identical to all other maxed of the same type in the game = No change

A temporary learning curve for a while, then again: everybody will run same lineups with reinforcements showing up in the same order and win/loss depending solely on R N G = No change

PvE ships... if it contributes resources to non-ship aspects of the game = (potential) Net gain -if its just ship resources = meh...
  • uiil wrote: »
    Cap ships essentially gotta waste their first 2 turns launching ships = Net nerf

Maxed out ship will be identical to all other maxed of the same type in the game = No change

A temporary learning curve for a while, then again: everybody will run same lineups with reinforcements showing up in the same order and win/loss depending solely on R N G = No change

PvE ships... if it contributes resources to non-ship aspects of the game = (potential) Net gain -if its just ship resources = meh...

Or maybe it's the start of them adding more ships to the game. Fleet only got stall because they didn't really add anything for a long time. When they realized they needed to do something different they stopped adding content to add it after the change when it would help carry this aspect of the game.

Also if its like current reinforcements Cap ships can't do back to back reinforcements. Plus there is always strategy of whether to attack or bring out reinforcements. Lots of options. Then if they start adding ships like toons then fleet will start changing.

People want change but complain when it's not exactly what they want. Not every change will benefit you.
  • Basically ships is too open for FTP players to finish in the top 5 so they gotta make it more meta so only the PTW players can finish at the top.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    uiil wrote: »

Nope only first turn as reinforcements has a CD. If this is the priority, then just like placing your first reinforcement before can be used as a strategy.

I would imagine this is being done with a background effort being out into ships that will lead to more ships being released (one can hope).

But with the reinforcement abilities it looks like we have another layer of strategy.

I have not watched the video but the transcript seems to allude it will be gear and shards, I would imagine the background stuff will be ship materials too, or mixed in to different modes, as they said a "cantona table feel to it"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

z3vhinpi1adn.png
    seems reinforcements start on a CD, so there is that.
  • Regarding an overhaul - I'm into it. I never liked ships and I'm with Kyno, they always felt half implemented.

I will say CG has been mucking it up pretty badly recently. Lets hope this really works, makes for better combat, and doesn't just end up as Rollback2018 2.0 ......
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I'm rather excited! I might finally be able to continue preaching in name of the Geonosians for they ought to become the new Gods. I am serious. Their ships are amazing.
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Maybe I'll finally get to use cassian's ship as a viable option. Most likely it will be ships/pilots that are not geared. Maybe I should refocus my farm list to gear geonosians. :D
  • Their ships are amazing.

Serious question - in what way?

(And props for having one of the best names on the forum ;) )

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I G12'd FOTFP just for ships (I don't use him anywhere else but at least he's decent in the BB8 event and if FO is ever needed for anything else), and am just hoping that if they buff Plo, Asoka, Sun Fac's ships to be meta-defining that they at ~least~ hit those toons with a rework, as if the Jedi needed some reason to get some love since many are still hanging out unused with day 1 kits/stats.

LOL people really still have not figured out how Strong ZFOTP is under a KRU lead.... which is hilarous

Dude can get like 3-4 double taps in a round and heals protection and healing on every hit... which means he can take an annilate from Nihlus in the raid with KRU, Sion always misses his first counter attack but he heals 2x so he has some survivability while KRU is healing double tap is a basic FOTP can do millions on his own in raids with this team....

• Remember they said they were keeping the bug on the Chimaera event because it will be very difficult to beat it after the ships nerf. So yes, the nerf is confirmed.
  • I believe they are shorting their timer from 7:30 minutes to 5 minutes because people are using it to hold their position in the last hour of combat so they do not lose their spot. Personally the long timer helps. If you don’t attack until the last 2 minutes then you have 5 minutes of holding you basically have an hour where nobody can attack you to advance in positions. I’ve found this tactic to help me stay in the 1-20 rankings for fleet
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Their ships are amazing.

Serious question - in what way?

(And props for having one of the best names on the forum ;) )

I've been using a G11 Geo Soldier off the bench forever, he was my first G11 toon because he seemed easy to gear. Might just have been that I had no clue what I was doing though. ;)

He does hit hard against a TL'd enemy plus the bonus applies to the assist as well.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    did anyone else notice in the videos the Millennium Falcon was counter attacking when thruster was on it at least (like a 80% chance) [can see it on cubs fan video at 5:36]... i think a slight rework is happening for it
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Depablo wrote: »
    I believe they are shorting their timer from 7:30 minutes to 5 minutes because people are using it to hold their position in the last hour of combat so they do not lose their spot. Personally the long timer helps. If you don’t attack until the last 2 minutes then you have 5 minutes of holding you basically have an hour where nobody can attack you to advance in positions. I’ve found this tactic to help me stay in the 1-20 rankings for fleet

you won't hear a dev say that as it just encourages people to go to other chat rooms and coordiante more with their shard chat.... now one could say this is a ploy to get people to use "their new chat feature" but it won't..

I personally like shard chats...but this forum full of people whining and crying about it Ad Nausem so it's funny when the DEV's introduce a feature that will encourage more coordianted shard chats

If what you said is true