Changes to chat

Prev1
Dreislao
380 posts Member
edited April 2018
With the impending changes to the ingame chat, could we please get some insight into how this will be moderated? What steps will there be to discourage griefing? Will CG be recruiting chat moderators or will they pull from their existing team? How will the resources spent on this divert from developing actual content?
I fight the good fight

Replies

• SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    Options
    I hope there will be private messaging to allies
  • Options
    There will be a direct chat to the developpers
  • Options

That would imply a lot of time taken away from more important tasks. I would not like to think that development of content and fixes would be stunted by having to divert resources to this
    I fight the good fight
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Dreislao wrote: »

That would imply a lot of time taken away from more important tasks. I would not like to think that development of content and fixes would be stunted by having to divert resources to this

LOL. Trolled :tongue:
  • Options
    Antares wrote: »
    Dreislao wrote: »

LOL. Trolled :tongue:

I’m not sure I follow you. Care to explain?
    I fight the good fight
  • Options
    I think private messaging is great but.. fixing chat should’ve happened years ago. I know it’s aimed towards newer players but eventually they will find their way to discord.
    They should’ve used this time and energy to have newer players catch up more quickly.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i'm also curious. Hopefully they'll give us proper moderation tools.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

Trash can, you forgot to end your sentence with trash can.
  • Ozwyn
    20 posts Member
    Options
    And maybe a slightly less zealous filter. It keeps bleeping me when I use totally innocuous words like s-w-a-n-k-y and n-i-g-e-r-i-a, and it makes me look like I curse a blue streak on the chat. XD
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    It should only have a problem with Nige-ria if you misspell it with 2 G's though.

Edit: I stand corrected lol
  • catharsis478
    676 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Should I point everyone over to this thread, or nah? They did say we would get the option to mute and report players--I didn't add it to my original TL;DR because reasons--but I didn't see/hear anything about the filter getting an update and/or becoming optional.

@Ozwyn What about basement, circumstance, and a handful of other words?
  • Ozwyn
    20 posts Member
    Options
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    It should only have a problem with Nige-ria if you misspell it with 2 G's though.

Edit: I stand corrected lol

Hah! You would think, right? But apparently not. We discovered this during a discussion about Olympic football results. Seems a bit rude if you know, you’re from ThePlaceWeCanNotMention.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i gotta ask, how often does the word "swanky" come up in normal conversation? haha
  • Ozwyn
    20 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Not often, I will admit, in that I just discovered about five minutes before I first posted about the filter that it was a word that the filter did not like. XD But it is just one of many times I have tried to say something and it just went off the wall thanks to unnecessary asterisks.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    i gotta ask, how often does the word "swanky" come up in normal conversation? haha

You would be surprised. But the filter is over the top. try telling your guild you had a cucumber. Cu***ber. I know as a kid I would try to figure out the bad word, which taught me more bad words.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

Depends how swanky your guild is.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

That is a swanky response.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

unsure about the definition, i'm guessing really swanky, but also completely dutch speaking =D
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

That is a swanky response.

When you flag a post, one of the options should be "too swanky."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    The swank is strong with this post.
  • Options

unsure about the definition, i'm guessing really swanky, but also completely dutch speaking =D

I read the last bit as Dutch Swanky. Far to early for my brain.
  • Options

Didn’t Bruce Willis play Dutch Swanky?
  • Options

Didn’t Bruce Willis play Dutch Swanky?

I don't speak freaky deaky dutch.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Words that get partly blanked out just draw attention to the bad part of the word. It's definitely over the top and counter productive.

Will never look at the word circumstances the same way again.
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Words that get partly blanked out just draw attention to the bad part of the word. It's definitely over the top and counter productive.

Will never look at the word circumstances the same way again.

or cumulative
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Or cucumber
  • Ozwyn
    20 posts Member
    Options
    Endorsement
  • Options
    And then we become creative and cir***vent the grammar ****s.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Wanker-symbool-voor-interface_318-48091.jpg