2Next

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    t0neg0d wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    KalEl2893 wrote: »
    Traya is ruining this game.

b5953e71d8be119b8feb33fdafd2a7e4.jpg

You didn't even read the post, did you? What he said is exactly true. Go read the "players looking for guild" section. It's a kittening laugh-fest

There was no reason to read it. The game is not being ruined. Hyperbolic complaints in a thread title don't give me reason to read any further.

And I'm in a guild doing T4 by the way.

Troll all day long
  • leef wrote: »
    guilds falling apart isn't a sign of the game being ruined, it does however suck if you're in a guild that falls apart due to the sith raid/traya.
    I'm even willing to say that shaking up guilds every now and then with a new raid is a good thing for the game itself.

I can see how new content gives fresh life to the game, and causes a separation of the chaff from the wheat, but what I hated, and went through, was the "top dogs" getting frustrated at the guild and constantly complaining how we weren't progressing fast enough. Never mind that the demand was to gear/ mod several different teams in a short amount of time, a goal that was difficult for paying players, let alone us F2P guys.
  • My guild is merging with another guild for those that want and are ready to get Traya. It su cks but we would have lost our top “Competitors” and “Achievers” one by one as they got fed up with the lack of participation in the Sith Raid. The plan is to return to our guilds and help those left behind that have been farming for Heroic. We shall see.
  • Supply and Demand takes some time to work itself out. Stronger players move up to stronger guilds. Those guilds kick out weaker players. Weaker players need to find a new home. Voila, you have a full guild again.

The tough part is the emotional connection you form with your guild mates. I stayed in a guild waaaaayyyy longer than I should have because I wanted my compatriots to succeed and I was helping them achieve more than they were capable. What I finally came to realize was that I was simply putting in more time and taking the game more seriously than they. I needed to find a guild of like minded people to be happy playing the game, and that's what it's all about.

The game wants to make the people who invest the most time and/or money to be happiest. New content encourages those players to find like-minded guilds. Those players don't quit. Game continues. Good for company and players.

The people who are leaving your guild take this game more seriously and they won't be happy unless they are with peers.

I still think about my last guild, but they'll survive.
  • If I had a nickel for every time something ruined this game ...

On the surface I agree with you, the lure of Traya could break up a guild. But only if the HSTR guild is willing to bring in a liability for TW success. That seems like a hard sell to me.

Raid tokens are not the only consideration for guilds regularly hammering out the HSTR anymore.
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    If I had a nickel for every time something ruined this game ...

On the surface I agree with you, the lure of Traya could break up a guild. But only if the HSTR guild is willing to bring in a liability for TW success. That seems like a hard sell to me.

Raid tokens are not the only consideration for guilds regularly hammering out the HSTR anymore.

I don't think it's about an HSTR guild bringing in a liability, I think it's about a non-HSTR guild losing some top members.

It happened to us. A couple guys want Traya shards. I get it. They left, no hard feelings. We temporarily lost about 4m GP. We recruited a couple of 1m GP players to replace them, and it didn't take long before we made up the other 2m GP with roster improvements.

I get it, you lose more than two players, it may wreck your guild. And if that's the case, as unfortunate as it is, you have to get out and find a new guild. I can tell you from recruiting people myself, there's no shortage of guilds looking for non-HSTR ready players.

Bottom line - Traya is not ruining this game. Yes she's ruining some guilds, but that's the nature of the beast. The game is doing fine.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • KalEl2893 wrote: »
    I feel ya.. I'm currently in a 46mil gp guild.. and was talking to/got invited to a 120mil+ gp guild who was arguably much closer to completing Hsith.. but I chose to stick with the guild I'm in because I've been with them forever

see you are one of few. most people are leaving. and its very discouraging because i want to take the next step but i dont want to leave my guild to do it

Yeah, believe me it is soo tempting for 3? Zetas for TW, 20+ more stars in TB(full g12 pieces/more salvage etc) and even more so in tier6 rewards.. but like someone said earlier, I wasn't feeling how they treated this game like a job; multiple officers in charge of spread sheets and no one can make any moves in anything with officers issuing commands. Trust me, I do want traya just as bad as the next person but she'll always be there haha

i mean i dont mind those guys being those guys and doing there thing just stop poaching players from the rest of us. and now everyone thinks they are traya worthy. im just trying to finish my GK grind and its stopped atm

Oh so true! On this swgoh facebook page there's people trying to get into HSith guilds with 1.5mil GP or less who just got cls.. handout much?

i know! im trying to recruit guys in the 1M to 1.5M range and they are like "oh you arent farming traya no thanks, ill wait for a REAL guild offer" that was what really sparked this whole post. its annoying i can't recruit.

Yo if your recruiting give us a shout I for one not bothered about hstr I want her but in no massive rush just want a active guild who raids