Post here if you like current Ships and don't wan't Ship 2.0

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    I enjoy the current ship format and I'm willing to give 3v3 a shot and hope to like that too but I don't think it will change much.

What I want is a First Order Fleet Commander and more ships. They just said in the warrior's video that devs think people are wrong about wanting more ships (they think the problem is that there are underused ships that needs to be raised in viability)

Resistance / FO Fleet Commander and more ships would've been a cool. They talk about wanting more faction synergy but ships like Anakin Skywalker's ship (Republic) and lots of seperatist stuff like that would make factions better and increase viability
  • People who dislike the old system for Fleet battles will, in all likelihood, dislike the new system, as well. I agree with Syrup_Chugger3's assessment that people will figure out very quickly which 3 ships will make up the ultimate starting lineup and which reinforcements will make up the reinforcements, rendering the rest of the ships obsolete yet again.
    Instead of introducing such a drastic overhaul to an existing system that some people actually like, they should test this out with a new setting all-together ... such as Land Craft Battles. Introduce something like that, implement the new system there and, if it is liked by the population, transfer the model over to the Fleet battles. When they implement this new system and it is universally disliked by the users, will they back out and revert back to the original model? Highly unlikely.
    I'm all for testing out a new system, but overhauling a system that people spent time on (and perhaps money) to master might alienate an entire group of people. Tweaks here and there is one thing, but this may be too much. We will have no choice but to go along with this vision of theirs, but I hope they have a plan to back out of it quickly if it fails horribly.
  • Creed called they want their edge back.
  • Considering that the update hasnt been released yet, and the only thing we ve been ahown is the reinforcement abilities, i dont underdtand how you can already predict whether the update will positively or negatively affect your ship gameplay
  • I enjoy ships the way they are right now, it is possible to add more factors in battle like reinforcement abilities, while keeping the 5vs 5 starting fleets. I just dont see why 5vs 5 had to be changed, same with the time limit being 5 minutes.
    ImperialCommanderShepard in SWGoH (Ally Code 297-277-437)

lOGRLCl CommanderShepard in HoDA

Find our Guild here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/126148/praise-the-sun-for-some-jolly-co-op#latest

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    They need to make more ships easier to farm. I just can't get into a game mode where almost everything is locked behind rng in the fleet store or a single hard node.
    The solid ships of the line (Biggs, Wedge, 5s, etc) are available in Galactic War. Even the Fleet Only ships are pretty easy to get since they have less competition in their fleet slot. Getting those ships really isn't that hard.

The only ship that's actually hard to get and worth having is TIE Reaper. (And I say this as someone who is close to 7* Millennium Falcon--the hard node ships are mostly blegh who cares.)
    lesismore wrote: »
    Don't like, besides they will nerf some of the best ships we like most and make us farm and gear other less used ships and their pilots even they are not worthy of the gear
    If a ship is worth using, then its pilot is de facto worth gearing. I truly hate the mentality of "This character isn't good enough, I can't even take them to g7." That's how you get punished with changes like this or new events and modes that use those quote-unquote "bad" characters. Insulate yourself by working on your bench.
    U mean cause u failed to predict the meta and invested in the wrong pilots. But unless you havent realised, Mace is still good in TW on offense against those tarkins and JC fits in there perfectly. The thing is 3v3 will make the meta even more narrow, and i'm betting we will definitely see maul as first reinforcement still after the change.
    Hey, buddy? Endurance is used on offense in Territory Wars because everyone puts their hardcore Empire fleets on defense because Endurance and Home One suck. Jedi Consular is used in offense because it's a liability on defense since the AI doesn't understand how its abilities work.

When there are as few ships as there are, the existence of any worthless jank is inexcusable. We have well-over 100 characters right now for arena, so naturally a couple will be lackluster or niche (but, even then, we have a large number of game modes to use those lackluster and niche characters, but only the one game mode for Fleets at the moment).

All ships are being reworked so we can't say what'll happen with Scimitar. Nor do we know how ability interactions will change--someone said elsewhere that the developers mentioned Clone ARC would taunt any time it had protection, which would render Scimitar obsolete in the digihands of the AI under its current ability set.

You're also underestimating the effect of only having three ships. Look at the current hotness setup and take away two of those ships. It falls apart. This is assuming the current ability set, of course, so reworks might change it. But who are you getting rid of? With current abilities you would need Biggs and Vader, that leaves you with one starting slot and one reinforcement--except now you can't use Tarkin or Thrawn's AoEs to start and you've got a taunting tank that does low damage and are low on DPS to take out theirs. But, again, that's assuming abilities don't change--You think Biggs is really going to stay the way his ship is now with its forevertauntheal? That's getting catapulted into the sun for sure.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Lots of people always seem to hate change. And rail against it.

And in 6 months it's the norm.

And then that norm faces change and people rail against that.

And so on and so forth.

• ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    My entire roster is now open. Bring it.
  • Megamatch
    32 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    here's my take on it.

Currently I'm quite satisfied with the way ships are working now, although I'm on a newer shard so most people havent reached their "endgame" yet and I'm sure if you are on a older shard it will be boring.

I am F2P and have made fleet arena my main income, mainly top1-2 (bad days top5) and I don't really mind shaking it up and losing my spot in topranks. Fleet could use some work, if this is the correct way I'm not sure, will see when it comes but I do know I've had alot of frustrating moments of RNG in ships much more then anywhere else in the game, like only tfp left, vader is dead, miss 5-6 times and BOOM other guy win with tarkin ultimate, although you had 4 ships and made a good fight.

However what I am concerned with is atm with my crystal income as F2P I can mostly do 3xNorm energy refreshes, 3xCantina refreshes daily BUT with the new PvE-missions will there be a new energy that needs refreshing? This will only separate the F2P and P2P even more in my opinion as it will be very hard to keep up.
  • Mesune
    18 posts Member
    I have read most of the above comments. It seems some ppl, which have no clue of ship battles already like the changes (without seeing them in practice, just by some cursory information given by 2 game changers in a video), cause they see them as an opportunity to rise their rank. It is understandable, I get it.
    Less starting ships means less variety, not the other way round! Less starting ships = more significant/clear meta. And I will repeat what one guy said: “I’m concerned that 3v3 will lead to an even more copycat meta and will make battles so fast that Capital Ships will be redundant. Most will now have to use the first turn to bring in a reinforcement.”
    So: u will not use the best capital ship, u will just use THE FASTEST capital ship, so u can bring asap a reinforcement. Isn’t that silly? Bye Bye Chimaera, hello Executrix. Wait.. just checked: Home one is the fastest ship. Anyways, I am not a big fan of the changes, not at all. CG just needs to add ships node, hardware abilities, ship’s raid/ship events if possible and few (FEW, not many!) ships reworks if it is so necessary.
  • +1 to op
  • Nah it's the worst part of the game. People not happy about change are just those who don't want to lose those free 400 crystals a day by things becoming more difficult. Which of course they will
  • It is what is it...it's coming. Hopefully it will be cool. If not...no bother...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I'm sure that the new ship content will be thoroughly tested, well balanced and a completely enjoyable experience for players at all levels and spending habits. Just like all of the other recent changes and "updates".

It was very difficult to type the above without laughing out loud....several times.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I love ships. I pretty much top my payout time every day. I'm glad they're trying something different even though it may hurt me personally. If they're looking to push factions, there should be new capital ships though. Bring it on
  • urtil
    73 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Personally I like ships and I appreciate that they give them some love. I also don't mind if it shakes up the current meta.

I am however highly sceptical of some of the changes. Currently the opening move is dominated by speed and rng (which ship will get attacked, will target locks proc and trigger biggs, will TFP evade, will you get a critical hit or not,...). I have often seen it happen that bad rng can lead to a quick loss of a ship. But right now you can often recover from that 4 vs. 5 situation because you can even the odds with your next reinforcement which makes it 5v5 again. In 3v3 it will be 2v3 and then 3v4 after *both*sides can bring reinforcements and it will be much harder to recover. Which means that rng is likely to take on a greater role. Also 5 ships allowed you to control rng to some extent by eg having Vader there to trigger the target lock with certainty if your other Ties fail. I don't mind 3vs3 maybe causing the end of the Biggs meta but I wonder if we simply get a speed and burst damage meta that will become even more random or stale. Most of the time the fight is over when you reach the capital special and often before that. But occassionally a fight was drawing out so that I could even use my capital special ability twice and we depleted all reinforcements. Those were some of the tightest battles and also some of the most fun ones. Somehow I doubt that I will be able to see that again because we have less ships that die quicker.

I am also no big fan of having 3vs.3 in TW. This basically lowers the requirements for fleets, meaning there is less likelihood of exhausting the opponent before he clears the back territory. So far we often had trouble clearing the back territory ourselves or were able to hold our own against the opponent. It gave a feeling of "everyone counts". I see the new 3v3 with lower health pool as detrimental to that experience. Given that CG had introduced a higher defensive team requirement in TW to avoid those all cleared situations it seems weird to me that they are now creating this situation with the reduction in fleet requirements.

I like the reinforcement idea. It is novel and adds another layer. It can also be used to improve less used ships while keeping the original abilities intact. I however dislike that it replaces hardware. I was hoping with hardware we could customize ships a little bit like with mods and try to find new good combinations of ships and capital ships. But with reinforcement now every ship will be the same. You won't face a Biggs that has better protection recovery vs. one that has higher tenacity. If they are same level they will be exactly the same. That's a missed opportunity. I wish they would still think about introducing some level of customization.

tl,dr: 3v3 is likely to be bad for arena and TW. I don't like it and would prefer it if they initially introduced it only at the PvE table to gather some experience and feedback from the cummunity (esp. given their recent botched releases)
  • I would prefer 3v3. I am hoping for faster battles. Also hope for more capital ships to shake things up.
  • I not gonna say anymore than what others have stated about the ships. They are great the way they are 5 V 5, The time taken is great the way it is. Give us the new reinforcement options and work on the bugs. Let us sort out the rest. If the reinforcements are as good as they suppose to be then that will provide the diversity required. Bring out FO capital ship, Rework Home One (give it a Nuke), Luke needs a ship, Some bombers would be dope.
  • Botzone1
    167 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    DoOrDoNot wrote: »
    Mostly with any changes, people scare of change are people who are comfortable with status quo.

In this case, mostly who are afraid of new ship changes are top ship players with collusion on payout time.

It's still early to tell. Let's not jump to conclusions and don't let Devs think community complain whatever they do.

Of course we would be annoyed. It will basically give us more work to do for a period of time for essentially the same result

Exactly .The top will always remain at the top. Its the drive, the determination, the winning attitude to accept nothing else. Everyone else will stay around the same cause thats where they are for their reasons
  • Ships need an update. basically except the 7* of the fleet commanders nothing happened since the release and it is much more boring task than arena which changed with meta. Most ships used are still the ones rolled out initially. So changing the structure and adding a PVE table is definitely highly welcome. Now it just need to be good :)
  • It might sound terrible to top 50 (me included getting top 5) but you need to realise that ships is not diverse, relies to heavily on target lock and rng dependant. There's also the issue with the chimaera where it wins against every other capital ship 100% of the tone on offense and can easily win on defense, although they probably won't add any new capital ships, nerf chimaera or buff the other capital ships
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Ships is stagnant.

This is the main reason this sort of wholesale change is needed.
  • Botzone1 wrote: »
    DoOrDoNot wrote: »
    Mostly with any changes, people scare of change are people who are comfortable with status quo.

In this case, mostly who are afraid of new ship changes are top ship players with collusion on payout time.

It's still early to tell. Let's not jump to conclusions and don't let Devs think community complain whatever they do.

Of course we would be annoyed. It will basically give us more work to do for a period of time for essentially the same result

Exactly .The top will always remain at the top. Its the drive, the determination, the winning attitude to accept nothing else. Everyone else will stay around the same cause thats where they are for their reasons

Maybe this is part of it - I'm not exactly sure what the change is going to do. Again, I'm not opposed to it, ships have always felt un-finished, so maybe this is it...
    But if this is 1) some bizzare way to change up the biggs-meta (which is really because there's nothing else going on with ships....) and 2) a way to sell us reinforcement mats that doesn't like, fix anything.
    958.gif
    This feels like so many other things that has went WRONG recently.... community asked for more ships because Arena is stale and also more to do with ships SPECIFICALLY a ship Raid. CG - please, read again, MORE SHIPS and a SHIP RAID.
    dPFGUBt.gif
    But what we're getting is a total overhaul of ships for... reasons?... and some PVE nodes because, I guess, people love farming?
    giphy.gif
    I guess we'll see...
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • NicWester wrote: »
    They need to make more ships easier to farm. I just can't get into a game mode where almost everything is locked behind rng in the fleet store or a single hard node.
    The solid ships of the line (Biggs, Wedge, 5s, etc) are available in Galactic War. Even the Fleet Only ships are pretty easy to get since they have less competition in their fleet slot. Getting those ships really isn't that hard.

The only ship that's actually hard to get and worth having is TIE Reaper. (And I say this as someone who is close to 7* Millennium Falcon--the hard node ships are mostly blegh who cares.)
    lesismore wrote: »
    Don't like, besides they will nerf some of the best ships we like most and make us farm and gear other less used ships and their pilots even they are not worthy of the gear
    If a ship is worth using, then its pilot is de facto worth gearing. I truly hate the mentality of "This character isn't good enough, I can't even take them to g7." That's how you get punished with changes like this or new events and modes that use those quote-unquote "bad" characters. Insulate yourself by working on your bench.
    U mean cause u failed to predict the meta and invested in the wrong pilots. But unless you havent realised, Mace is still good in TW on offense against those tarkins and JC fits in there perfectly. The thing is 3v3 will make the meta even more narrow, and i'm betting we will definitely see maul as first reinforcement still after the change.
    Hey, buddy? Endurance is used on offense in Territory Wars because everyone puts their hardcore Empire fleets on defense because Endurance and Home One suck. Jedi Consular is used in offense because it's a liability on defense since the AI doesn't understand how its abilities work.

When there are as few ships as there are, the existence of any worthless jank is inexcusable. We have well-over 100 characters right now for arena, so naturally a couple will be lackluster or niche (but, even then, we have a large number of game modes to use those lackluster and niche characters, but only the one game mode for Fleets at the moment).

All ships are being reworked so we can't say what'll happen with Scimitar. Nor do we know how ability interactions will change--someone said elsewhere that the developers mentioned Clone ARC would taunt any time it had protection, which would render Scimitar obsolete in the digihands of the AI under its current ability set.

You're also underestimating the effect of only having three ships. Look at the current hotness setup and take away two of those ships. It falls apart. This is assuming the current ability set, of course, so reworks might change it. But who are you getting rid of? With current abilities you would need Biggs and Vader, that leaves you with one starting slot and one reinforcement--except now you can't use Tarkin or Thrawn's AoEs to start and you've got a taunting tank that does low damage and are low on DPS to take out theirs. But, again, that's assuming abilities don't change--You think Biggs is really going to stay the way his ship is now with its forevertauntheal? That's getting catapulted into the sun for sure.

Endurance actually doesnt suck on defense in TW. You are discounting the fact that with the number of empire fleets others place on defense, the remaining so-called useless ships aren't as efficient at taking out mace, nor would people use their remaining thrawns and tarkins on mace iff possible. Bringing numbers down to 3 just forces people to save ships for offense (indirectly hurts mace) and mace without 5 ships plus his aoe to start on defense makes him completely useless. That's one less thing to look forward to in the change.

As for thrawn, on offense it's always offenseup/reinforce first unless u got opponent reaper to red - only then do u use the aoe. The change imo makes him even more efficient on defense since it's even more likely the heal and offense up will come first after reinforcement. If we're talking variety after the change, then nope I'm not really expecting any. This would likely hurt the other capital ships more than thrawn.

In the end, while yes I was expecting and hoping for changes to fleet content, the 3v3 change seems like a complete overhaul of the wrong aspect of ships. Ability reworks sure, modules are interesting too, but notice that we're still lacking a fleet raid (also impractical due to lack of ships), we have only 1 excellent and 3 semi-functional capital ships, and we still can't complete the light and dark side ship achievements. These IMO should be addressed sooner.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Lots of people always seem to hate change. And rail against it.

And in 6 months it's the norm.

And then that norm faces change and people rail against that.

And so on and so forth.

The only thing that will never change is the people who profit thinking nothing ever needs to change.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • IronCross wrote: »
    I would prefer 3v3. I am hoping for faster battles. Also hope for more capital ships to shake things up.

Top tier fleets are beating each other in 1-2min on average. I've been on offense with great rng and ended in 30-40s on MANUAL mode. I don't see how much faster we could get lol.

Slower fights are expected for weaker fleets/squads. I have an alt under 900k gp and i accept that when i go against fleets 100k gp more than mine. The way things are, you can already easily develop a meta fleet for free and climb. If you're gonna try capitalize on the change to climb, truth is many others are gonna do that and crowd out each other while the top few continue to remain there.
    It might sound terrible to top 50 (me included getting top 5) but you need to realise that ships is not diverse, relies to heavily on target lock and rng dependant. There's also the issue with the chimaera where it wins against every other capital ship 100% of the tone on offense and can easily win on defense, although they probably won't add any new capital ships, nerf chimaera or buff the other capital ships

But as you said, ships are not diverse. How does reducing 5v5 to 3v3 make it any less diverse? We already rarely see mace leads, and mace relies on starting with aoe and have 5 ships to ramp him up. 3v3 with reinforcement as first move just seems ridiculously bad for mace in theory.
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    More ships is what most have asked to see. We get more viable ships instead and have less to start out with. Plus they will change the stats to make more of the ships we currently have more viable. Sounds scary to me but as always willing to try it.
  • Inke
    32 posts Member
    Where do I post if I don’t want ships at all?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    IronCross wrote: »
    I would prefer 3v3. I am hoping for faster battles. Also hope for more capital ships to shake things up.

Most of my 5 v. 5 battles are over in 2-3 minutes as it is. I honestly see no need to drop to 3 v. 3 at least not for "faster battles" sake. The only time it ever goes anywhere near the 7 minute mark is when I am stalling.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    It might sound terrible to top 50 (me included getting top 5) but you need to realise that ships is not diverse, relies to heavily on target lock and rng dependant. There's also the issue with the chimaera where it wins against every other capital ship 100% of the tone on offense and can easily win on defense, although they probably won't add any new capital ships, nerf chimaera or buff the other capital ships

And posts like these are the issue... posts like these are why the devs are doing what they are doing... A bunch of people who can't take 2 seconds to understand something crying and whining...

TL has NOTHING to do with anything anymore...there is no RNG nonsense with dodge anymore....you people whine and cry for change but cannot take 2 seconds to figure anything out..

And now the DEV's ruin yet another part of the game formerly the best part of the game

"Relies heavily on TL" Jesus dude.... People are not even using biggs anymore yet it relies on TL....

Ignorance is bliss...

They don't understand it....then they even post in public showing they don't understand it...

And the DEV's cater to it.... WTH is going on with this game....
This discussion has been closed.