Ships 2.0 Capital Ships?

After having watched 3 different videos with the devs on this topic, one of the questions I didn't hear asked or answered was.

Did they take this opportunity to rebalance the capital ships?

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Hatred wrote: »
    After having watched 3 different videos with the devs on this topic, one of the questions I didn't hear asked or answered was.

Did they take this opportunity to rebalance the capital ships?

They said they're going over every ship, so I would assume that would include capital ships. Lord knows they need it... At the very least, they'll have to be rebalanced to fit the 3v3 starting lineup. Endurance is already bad, if it's 3v3 and nothing else changes it'll get its first turn super late, have to use that to reinforce, and will take forever until its second turn before it can AoE to apply Valor. You can sure as hell kiss its ultimate goodbye.

But, as I said, if they're touching up all the ships, then it stands to reason that capital ships would be included in that.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Anyone notice a fully outfitted Exectrix barely has the power of a 5* level 2 Chimera? I had to do a double take seeing 29k power! Unless they do something miraculous to 3v3 Tarkin and Thrawn May be the only Capital Ships in play.
  • The change may actually affect thrawn quite a bit as getting that first reinforcement may end up being super important. Thrawn is almost as slow as Mace So I dunno about you but I am gonna get my ackbar geared the heck up since his capitol ship is the fastest.
  • @Hatred I would say that, yes they are definitely going to be reworked in some way. In Warrior's video you can se that Endurance ultimate have new effect - some kind of protection up buff not dmg immunity anymore. What bothers me it's still on 15 cooldown which I find really terrible because with new 3vs3 line up, you can't have so much valor as before;/ Only hope that new effect will compensate that at least a bit..
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    I've got Thrawn and Tarkin at full gear, 1 zeta, and both Ackbar and Mace at gear 11. I've also got maxed abilities for all capital ships, have no locked ships, and only 4 ships aren't 7*. I think I'm ready to any change that comes along.
  • Lumovanis
    50 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    It might have just been my imagination, but it definitely looked like the tractor hit from Chimaera was doing very little damage and was applying slow sporadically. I'm confident their stats and abilities are being rebalanced.
  • Thrawn's ship should be the best though. It's the hardest to get and is a legendary event.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I saw a video that said they would balance out the 3x3 by letting everyone bring 3 capital ships into battle at the start.

Might have been drinking though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I saw a video that said they would balance out the 3x3 by letting everyone bring 3 capital ships into battle at the start.

Probably were ;)
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    TVF wrote: »

I'd love to face a 3 capital ship team. Means I only need to trash one ship and I win.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    No it's 3 regular ships and 3 capital ships.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Drazz127 wrote: »
    Thrawn's ship should be the best though. It's the hardest to get and is a legendary event.

Oh I agree and I have no problem with it being the best ship, but it shouldn't be the only viable ship.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Drazz127 wrote: »
    Thrawn's ship should be the best though. It's the hardest to get and is a legendary event.

Which is why Grandmaster Yoda owns bones.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Yes. Capital Ship battles is the answer. Get rid of starfighters and let the big guns duke it out like old battlefront.