And the zeta goes to..?

Hi all
I am about to put my first zeta on, and with all the shifts in meta lately I'm not sure now where it's supposed to go..
Before it was pretty clear to me that my 5* EP should get it and maybe later on Vader for raids.
Current state is that I stopped running him as leader and turned to 6* Thrawn to stay in top 50-20 of my shard, I was thinking maybe to zeta him, but I'm doing arena sometimes even 15 place with no Zeta's (before with palp I dropped to around 60 place) so now I'm thinking if not maybe give it to Vader and try to be first in pit raid and make use of all that gear.. pretty confused ATM.. any good advice much appreciated!

Replies

• Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    I think the first step should be Finn, still. I don't think you'll gain as much from any other zeta.
    Second zeta can go to EP lead.
  • I don't have Finn unlocked yet, just managed to get Jnkyard Rey.. why Finn's zeta is so important? (Sorry, noob alert)
  • With a zeta Finn leadership, Poe, and Resistance Trooper, you can beat anything on offense. The TM gain from enemies getting exposed (for RT), combined with the TM gain the entire team gains for every exposed enemy hit (from the leadership, and let's not forget the cooldown reduction) means that a gear 8 team can beat gear 12 or the last phase of TB, easily.

If you don't have Finn, I'd recommend either Imperial Troopers (zVeers) or EP leadership.
  • It will take me a while to build up Finn, RT and Poe, i farm resistance only for JTR really at this point in game.. and for that I really need FO squad build to gear 9 to get BB8 7*...
    Im not aware of the gain of resistance team in TB, as I have not run many (like less than 5?) Most of my focus was arena for a long time, slowly giving some attention to raids, as my empire team started looking solid.
    Is resistance THAT important in the game?
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Rufjanski wrote: »
    Is resistance THAT important in the game?

Currently, no.

Do you have a roster list? That will help people advise.

(But if you have R2 then Number Crunch, definitely ;) )

• Sure I do!
    https://swgoh.gg/u/rufjanski/collection/

I actually did get 7* R2 recently, not geared up yet though...
  • Rufjanski wrote: »
    I actually did get 7* R2 recently, not geared up yet though...

7* R2 with Number Crunch is one of the best characters in the game.

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Since it is his first I would suggest someone that helps complete events. Finn, Kylo, KRU, R2, EP and honorable mention to Savage as he can solo lots of things himself no matter how crappy the rest of the team is.
  • I hear what you are saying, and it would make sense for me to put zeta on kylo in this respect as it helps both raids (AAT?) And to get bb8, therefore Jedi Ray,
    Going with this logic, by that time I would save enough to zeta someone else,
    Yet my main resource of crystals for energy refreshes is arena, so I'm strongly hasitating if not to put it on someone from empire fraction, as payout from zeta upgrade of mentioned characters is very far in the future...

In my farming I wanted to go this route:
    Empire for arena and pit raid first, then FO, for ships, raids, and bb8. I have them more than half way done so before BB8 event would come up I would have ray, Finn and veterans ready, then, having 7* Han and R2 and rest on the way, I can finish rebels for CLS. Does this make any sense? :smiley:
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Looks like a good plan. ZFinn was my first and Savage was my second. I dont regret either and both still help every day. I honestly think KRU zeta is near as good as zFinn because of how much it changes his team. I dont have it yet though. EP for the same reason. Any of those will serve you well.

The reason I like Savage (And old Kylo) is because you dont need a full team to make it really shine. Slap it on him and he becomes a near unstoppable killing machine that can help you through many events and some tough GW nodes. He is a good general one to have while you get teams ready.
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    If you want to focus on arena only, I'd go with EP lead and run him with Vader, Tarkin, TFP, and Shore. That's a solid arena team that'll also work in DSTB and TW. That's probably the best investments for your roster right now.
  • I actually run thrawn as leader, as my mods don't have that much speed secondaries, but I assume this will change under palp?
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I'd go for zEP. You might be dropping more with EP than with Thrawn right now, but I'd bet that changes once you put the zeta on EP. Like Goodgil said, Vader, Tarkin, TFP, Shore is a very good team. However, I think using Thrawn instead of TFP (or maybe instead of Tarkin) will give you better results. It's hard to beat the utility that Thrawn brings.

If you're really focused on arena and like what zEP does for Sith/Empire, then I'd say gear up your DN (4* will do the trick just fine with good gear), and pop your next zeta on Sion. zEP, Vader, Thrawn, DN, Sion is a beastly meta team right now.
    Post edited by gufu21 on
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    I actually run thrawn as leader, as my mods don't have that much speed secondaries, but I assume this will change under palp?

zEP feeds a lot of TM to your team. Ideally, Vader goes first with crush, uses culling blade, and then clearing those debuffs should give EP enough TM to go next and unleash mass stuns.
  • Rufjanski
    75 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    SeanutB wrote: »
    Wait for BH rework

Rework? What rework? Is there a zeta for Cad? :smiley:
  • I’d say go for thrawn. It can’t hurt to make your team stronger.
  • I'd say go zEP (L). It's the best lead in the game right now.
    JTR is the zeta leadership you want for resistance these days. Finn is no use in the sith raid.
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    SeanutB wrote: »
    Wait for BH rework

Rework? What rework? Is there a zeta for Cad? :smiley:

This month, it's very likely that Bossk will arrive and, in addition, original trilogy bounty hunters (Dengar, Ig88, Greedo) will be reworked. Not Cad Bane, sadly!
  • Yes, that's true, I'm quietly hoping for Lando upgrade too! But please, no more Hans!

I think i will just be collecting Zeta's forever and unwilling to give it to anyone, until I can zeta all toons at the same time... Lol!
  • Guys what do you think of putting zeta on KRU instead of Palp and switching to FO in arena?