Mod set for sion

Just wondering what is the best mod set to put on sion. My first thought was offence but wasn't sure. Maybe even offence and speed? Those of you running him what do you use?

Replies

• Options
    I run Sion in a nightmare setup and I usually end up top three. My Sion is 4*/G11 and I compete with a few whales who bought him first day.

I run my Sion with a speed set and a potency set. The speed set gets him 233 speed, which is +96, not bad for a Dec 2017 shard... and the potency helps land that Pain.

Triangle is Crit Damage, Circle and Square are Protection.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    do you think it matters if sion is 3 or 4 stars? i'm just curious 'cause since i'm f2p, debating on whether it's worth zetaing him even at 3 stars. I figured eventually i'll farm him. I don't particularly need him at the moment, but wondering whether having a low star sion will make me too much of a target in arena.

cheers
  • Options
    Low star doesn't matter much if he's high gear level. And 1 star ain't much of a diff really.
    He's a tank so do speed as usual and protection
  • Options
    M_L wrote: »
    do you think it matters if sion is 3 or 4 stars? i'm just curious 'cause since i'm f2p, debating on whether it's worth zetaing him even at 3 stars. I figured eventually i'll farm him. I don't particularly need him at the moment, but wondering whether having a low star sion will make me too much of a target in arena.

cheers

I'm in the same boat. Completely f2p as well. My sion is only 3 * and I'm putting his zeta on him in a few days. I heard he's still viable at 3 * but he needs his zeta
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    ok thanks for the help, yeah i figured he needs his zeta, as the nightmare teams i fight makes it so that i basically have to avoid hitting him from triggering pain on myself, it's really quite annoying to work around
  • Options
    Silk wrote: »
    I run Sion in a nightmare setup and I usually end up top three. My Sion is 4*/G11 and I compete with a few whales who bought him first day.

I run my Sion with a speed set and a potency set. The speed set gets him 233 speed, which is +96, not bad for a Dec 2017 shard... and the potency helps land that Pain.

Triangle is Crit Damage, Circle and Square are Protection.

You don't need potency under EP lead, that's an extra 35% right there to go with Sion's 47% base. More than enough.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I run 4* Sion at 222 speed and 80k ehp and he does very well. I have him modded for health and crit chance. Can get close to 90k if I go for protection. He turns from a GK-light at start of battle to CLS-light at end.

I think there is a real argument he should be around 200 speed. His buff wipe going after the other teams big cooldowns like stealth or tenacity up make a big difference.
  • Options
    I dun run him myself but face him everyday.

Imo Sion with speed in nightmare team is the most troublesome, once he dispel Rex early ten up, he wins.
  • Options
    What exactly is the nightmare team I keep seeing people refer to?
  • Options
    Kramer512 wrote: »
    What exactly is the nightmare team I keep seeing people refer to?

Emperor Palpatine, Sith Trooper, Darth Vader, Darth Sion, Darth Nihilus
  • Options
    He definitely needs his zeta to function correctly. I've been running zzEP/thrawn/zSion/Nihilus/Vader ( all g12+ except 5* maxed Sion) for a good bit now, and without his zeta he almost always died before he got to Hatred. I've tried both standard Nightmare with a g12+1 Sith Trooper, and non-zeta thrawn, and the thrawn config works much more reliably, especially against JTR squads. He needs as much speed as possible, at least +100 to start, and stacking protection on the triangle, cross, and circle to make sure he can take any counters or assist chains from cls and JTR. A speed set is best to hurry him to Hatred ASAP, if you have enough to spare after modding Vader and nihilus as fast as possible.
  • Options
    Speaking in a broader term, how do you mod the Sith team?

Palpatine, Vader, Nihilus, Sion, +1 (Thrawn, Shoretrooper, Sith Trooper, Tarkin, Assassin...)
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    Speaking in a broader term, how do you mod the Sith team?

Palpatine, Vader, Nihilus, Sion, +1 (Thrawn, Shoretrooper, Sith Trooper, Tarkin, Assassin...)

I have the beginnings of a Sith team going now and I have 6 5-dot potency mods on Palpatine. Protection on triangle and diamond. Potency and speed secondaries on whichever were my best mods available. Haven't spent much energy spamming potency mods yet. He's at 91% potency and runs like a clock. Speed is 185 I think.

Vader is similar with four P mods, two health mods. Speed is just under 180. Potency around 65%.

Like I said it's just beginning but I like what I see with it when I roll them out as my B team in GW.

I know I can get the speeds much higher but I like overcoming tenacity whenever possible.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Health/prot on Palp Thrawn and Sion. Vader needs crit chance. I tried crit damage on him but his natural crit is so low it was wasted. Crit chance triangle on Nihilus for same reason.

Speed on everyone. My Sion is 4*. Everyone g11. I have Palp lead and Sion zeta. Vader 226, Thrawn 251, Sion 220, Palp 200, Nihilus 190something. Enough to get me 40-100 range on Dec 2016 shard surrounded by full gold teams with 5-8 zetas each. Ive essentially stopped farming mods for now, but will restart soon.
  • BrakirKY
    145 posts Member
    Options
    A sith team really needs to be as speedy as possible. I run a speed set with a potency set on Palp, with protection primaries on the circle, cross, and triangle, at about +100ish Total. Speed and CC or health sets on thrawn with protection primaries on triangle and circle and offense on the cross ( ~120 total, offense cross is only because it's the highest speed one I had available). Optimally you want Sion to go before nihilus if you don't run Vader ( like I normally don't) by TM swapping with thrawn. My nihilus is at a little over +110 speed iirc, and against other zzEP teams he will always go as soon as their Vader pops his aoe, allowing some quick cooldown increases. If you use sith trooper, stack as much protection and tenacity as you can, since he is only there to soak up damage and throw offense down around. Sith really don't need a ton of extra offense from mods, since they really function by overwhelming the other team with TM gain, stuns, CD increases, and Nihilus's annihilate. Once you get those debuffs to stick and expire/reapply, the battle will quickly accelerate. Speed, protection, and potency to put it simply.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    @Vendi1983 Potency Mods are really not needed on Sith, IMHO. Potency Cross on Vader and EP might help some, but full sets are not needed. Palpatine lead gives a lot of potency bonus and they have large base potency to start. Better to go with Health and Protection (and speed of course).
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options
    M_L wrote: »

cheers

If you have him gear 11 and run him in arena, the zeta is worth it.
  • Options
    Simply put, in a standard EP squad it should go something like this:

Vader: best of your speed. He has to be the fastest. He is the turbo charger to your tm manipulation.
    EP: speed/protection/potency. He needs to be fast, and assuming you have his unique zetad then protection is his lifeline. Potency helps but isn't really necessary as his lead gives 35%.
    Sion: speed & protection/health. And if you can a little potency. Some like crit damage triangle but if he does his dps falls to 0 and is useless so I want him to survive. He is the tank! Also he has to have his unique zeta to function properly.
    Thrawn: speed. Simple.
    DN: speed/protection. Speed equals more force drains and dispels. And annihilate.

My current speed lineup is : DV, Sion, EP, Thrawn, DN.