Update Timing

Dagon
105 posts Member
April is ending and we still don't have any new content update related to bounty hunters or ships... How much tmore will we have to wait ?

Replies

• And I wonder why they don't like giving out dates for releases ahead of time......
  • I told my guild at the beginning of the month not to expect anything else as far as news or a release until at least the 3rd week of April, with the Marquee event to come the final week, likely the last few days of the month. Their history tends to lean towards this, but even that was too lenient a guess.

Looks like it'll all come down to the final week and days after all.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Zwanni_420 wrote: »
    And I wonder why they don't like giving out dates for releases ahead of time......
    Simple fix...don’t announce something to the community that will get them worked up without a SOILD date of release. Oh and not saying anything about it during the lead up is just not smart. A simple “we are close, a couple more things to work out” or something that you will need a college degree and a decoder ring to understand....give us something.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Zwanni_420 wrote: »
    And I wonder why they don't like giving out dates for releases ahead of time......
    Simple fix...don’t announce something to the community that will get them worked up without a SOILD date of release. Oh and not saying anything about it during the lead up is just not smart. A simple “we are close, a couple more things to work out” or something that you will need a college degree and a decoder ring to understand....give us something.
    They are undoubtedly about to release something that will change the game, something that won’t be announced until two days prior to it coming out so they can get everyone to panic buy. This theory has precedent as well.

• It won't change the game; it likely won't even change the Meta. From one of their special friend's videos, they confessed Bossk wouldn't be PvP viable, nor would the contracts. This is likely PvE oriented, will probably slot in very well with the Hunter buff to the Sith Raid, and will make them a valuable faction for progression in the raid.

I suppose some folks might call that game changing, but to me it seems the majority of folks view that terminology in reference to either Meta Shifting or YouTubers that CG has a fondness for.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • They don't announce due to the fact people will start moaning or asking for it to be a little different or whatever.

They'd much rather people moan about lack of information rather than backlash over something they do announce. It's not a thing restricted to CG, most smart devs do it.

As Iy4oy4s said too, no hype is better than no hype when it comes to updates or new feature launches. I mean this new ship thing for example, some people approve some don't. Makes no difference to me as I haven't got that far yet.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    I'm anxious too but there's still a week left!