Don't have RJT = Don't get Traya

Obe2Kenobi
157 posts Member
edited April 2018
I have been talking to lots of people on discord and friends in real life about how they are getting on with there guild and the heroic sith raid. Some have said that they moved up there guilds or into new one's that are attempting it. But people without JTR are being refused in the top guilds even if GP and rosters are massive. I get it in fairness if your a top guild you didn't get there by carrying people. But it probably won't be like this much longer as RJT will come back eventually. In the wider community how have people without Rey been getting on and are they able to find a guild doing heroic.

Replies

• Revi
    573 posts Member
    There some people in our guild without JTR and we do Herioc Sith :s. Smart guild leaders and officers are not going to refuse 3M GP even if they don't have JTR.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Revi wrote: »
    There some people in our guild without JTR and we do Herioc Sith :s. Smart guild leaders and officers are not going to refuse 3M GP even if they don't have JTR.

This.

Maybe guilds just starting out or trying it for the first time, but many guilds that have it "on farm" or know they can do it, have players at the bottom that are doing less damage in the whole raid than the average of what people show one run with JTR.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    10 players in my guild are getting traya shards without having JTR.
    Also, even without the JTR event comming back, more and more players will start getting traya shards as time passes. You only really "need" so many JTR teams to get passed p1, after that phase other teams can be just as effective, if not more effective, as JTR teams.
    Not having JTR isn't the end of the world, but it is true that it lowers the chances of you getting traya shards. If you've got an advanced roster, you've only got yourself to blame for not having JTR though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Lippy
    12 posts Member
    I.dont have rjt I do plenty of damage in with raid my guild is almost heroic ready I'm ready for her but not necessary to do damage
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Also, even without the JTR event comming back, more and more players will start getting traya shards as time passes. You only really "need" so many JTR teams to get passed p1, after that phase other teams can be just as effective, if not more effective, as JTR teams.
    Not having JTR isn't the end of the world, but it is true that it lowers the chances of you getting traya shards. If you've got an advanced roster, you've only got yourself to blame for not having JTR though.

To be fair, when some of us made the decision not to farm the vets (no small investment) to get JTR, we didn't know at the time we'd be locked out of a new raid. I rolled the dice on not having her for arena, and that gamble worked out in my favor. Not saying it's anyone else's fault, just pointing out that we make choices based on what we know at the time and/or think might happen.
  • Yes, most of those choices are "blind", but - I chose to get the toon everytime (Thrawn, BB8, JTRey, CLS, R2) and it always paid of very well. Cannot remember any choice like this having correct solution "let it be".
  • ewqewqc
    183 posts Member
    i dont have JTR, and if a guild won't want me, its their problem. currently on 68/145. why ? well, putting low scores cause no JTR, but thats my decision, so all good.
    20-25 JTR is enough to finish this raid... if someone want 50 JTR, his problem, he'll lose stuff on other areas of the game.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

To be fair, when some of us made the decision not to farm the vets (no small investment) to get JTR, we didn't know at the time we'd be locked out of a new raid. I rolled the dice on not having her for arena, and that gamble worked out in my favor. Not saying it's anyone else's fault, just pointing out that we make choices based on what we know at the time and/or think might happen.

You’re not « locked out of a new raid ». You just experience a more difficult time fielding a good team. But you made a choice, or rather a series of choices, first when the Vets were released in not buying their shards from shipments (it was obvious to many that they would probably be needed for a future event related to the new movie - many F2P started picking their shards), second in not crash-farming them for the first JTR Hero’s Journey (despite her looking really strong), third in not farming them for the next iteration of JTR (which already took place).
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

You’re not « locked out of a new raid ». You just experience a more difficult time fielding a good team. But you made a choice, or rather a series of choices, first when the Vets were released in not buying their shards from shipments (it was obvious to many that they would probably be needed for a future event related to the new movie - many F2P started picking their shards), second in not crash-farming them for the first JTR Hero’s Journey (despite her looking really strong), third in not farming them for the next iteration of JTR (which already took place).

And there is beast, chex mix and ns to top it off. Without utilising at least 3 such teams it's hard to place on top spots in a competetive hstr guild. You are locked out hstr only if your guild doesn't have enough jtr teams (merely 20 or less is enough for p1)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

It seems like we're in agreement. We make choices based on the information available to us at the time and have to deal with the consequenses of those choices later on. I personally would never risk not getting a heroes journey or legendary character, if the past has tought us anything it's that those usually perform admirably in most game modes. From an ingame performance vs investment point of view, getting JTR would have been a wise choise with the information avialable to us after the first event. By then it was known she was one of the best toons ingame. You could do well without her, but that much is still true even with the sith raid being introduced.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Curiousity got the better of me so i decided to check how much dmg i do in the heroic sith without JTR. We've only cleared it twice, so i was able to use my entire roster both times.
    • 1st clear: 13.2m total dmg, 9.2mil without JTR
    • 2nd clear: 12.5m total dmg, 8.9mil without JTR
    Granted, as mentioned before, the guild as a whole still needs an x amount of JTR's to get past phase 1. So to reinforce @ewqewqc and @Revi 's point, i'd say turning down potential members solely because they don't have JTR and you want to clear the HSR is not always a wise choice.
  • Not to mention, after you beat raid once, guildies get better and better. And that means, next runs, having no-JTR competitors means better rewards for those with JTRey. Only guilds only aspiring to beat STR need to invite only guys with JTR...

Other thing is - JTR i often required by top guilds also for TW purposes. + it is taken as a benchmark of players decision making. Not having her after 2 runs of the event does not show too good judgment (at least in brackedof 130+mil guilds) Im afraid..
  • Platzman wrote: »
    Not to mention, after you beat raid once, guildies get better and better. And that means, next runs, having no-JTR competitors means better rewards for those with JTRey. Only guilds only aspiring to beat STR need to invite only guys with JTR...

Other thing is - JTR i often required by top guilds also for TW purposes. + it is taken as a benchmark of players decision making. Not having her after 2 runs of the event does not show too good judgment (at least in brackedof 130+mil guilds) Im afraid..

agreed. Newer and mid-game players, I understand not focusing on JTR because you may be locked out of the cantina node where the Vets live, but long-term players had 2 opportunities to farm the requirements with the latest return of JTR being more than enough time to accomplish FTP. I don't blame anyone for sticking to their strategy and not going after the new shiny object, but you can't have it both ways. CLS unlocked solo'ing rancor for a lot of people and increased damage output in HAAT for everyone. It's no surprise that JTR has the same impact on the newest raid.