Abandoning raids should be much harder to do

Having the big red Abandon button on the home page of every raid leads to accidental abandonment if you hit the button. As a UI design, something that does such damage to the guild should be much harder for an officer to do. Perhaps abandon is moved to a different tab and isn't even active until the raid tickets are up to their max level.

I've always been leery of that button since becoming an officer, and somehow accidentally clicked it during a HAAT run. Needless to say everyone in the guild was unhappy. But a big thank you to EA support that refunded our raid tickets.

Replies

• I'll be honest I have been a guild leader/officer since raids came out and have never had a raid abandoned. Except once in the normal AAT raid when they modified the difficulty, Wow that was a long time ago. Anyways isn't there an are you sure prompt?
  • Darthpedro wrote: »
    Anyways isn't there an are you sure prompt?

Yes, i turned my phone on once to that are you sure prompt. Talk about freaking me out. I no longer stop while on that screen.
  • We had a problem today, due to the new raid settings, when a raid was launched at 1 pm cst, it was set to go off at 1AM cst, because we couldn't figure out how the raid settings were working. Now we know, but I was trying to look at our options and hit ABANDON hoping it would give me options. Maybe I hit it twice? There was no prompt. :( When I retreat from battles, it TELLS me what will happen if I do. (I'm a new officer. :( ) There needs to be a popup that notes; You lose all the tickets. There also needs to be actual information released to the game telling us what those new raid settings do, because there was NOTHING. :(
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Raids abandoned during a 'join' phase (before any damage can be done) should give tickets back imo. Didn't really think of that until this topic re-emerged now that we have the new system.
  • I'm trying really hard to get those tickets back. We didn't even get a run and I feel bad for my error. :(
  • So far, support seems to have no idea what the problem is. :/
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    There's an "are you sure" pop-up right?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Yeah, unless there's no confirmation needed, I'm not sure what the problem is.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • There wasn't a popup. I don't know if I double tapped it or what.