Could Ig-88 leader droids be viable now?

Khorvog_Karbossa
1000 posts Member
edited April 2018
With ig-88's rework and TL, does anyone think a droid team could work alright in arena? potentially great vs. traya lead?

ig-88 lead : will give crit, a ton of dots, and he grants himself his contract quickly; aoe: TL more enemies quickly; unique: TL enemies cant regain health/protection

bb8: a constant source of taunting, and when fully zeta'd, healing the whole team. his ultimate will reduce cooldown quickly with crits from other droids. his counter will constantly call r2

r2: grants protection to the other droids, forces attacks onto bb8

chopper: his unique will allow him to assist over and over, leading to more crits and more dots. he can dispel, and have an annoying taunt as well. his basic will also buff allies pretty often

IPD: TL for more dispels / preventing healing and buffs!

Replies

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    bb8 will just get isolated or fractured on a droid team though, that's the main problem there. However his initial TM boost could be pretty useful. Also Traya gains a ton of bonus protection when Nihilus and Sion suffer from debuffs like the DOTs from Ig-88s lead. Traya just kinda counters everything... so theres that.

It also won't be able to last against an EP lead team as once an EP lead team gets debuffs onto the droids they're going to start getting far more tm than the droids can keep up with. The droids would just have that initial wave of attacks and start fading from there.

I think they're going to be a great burst team for TW though.
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    I don't know about the Sith raid, but I did have similar thoughts on arena...

HK (lead) IG88 Probe Droid BB8 R2

IG88 is the damage dealer
    BB8 starts the team with 40% TM, and taunts
    Probe Droid and 88 close the enemy with TL
    R2 is called to assist every time BB8 gets countered, and stuns enemies who are suddenly faced with tenacity down
    HK keeps the team going by giving them 50% TM per crit
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    He already hits pretty hard normally. This might make IG88 one of the hardest hitters in the game.
  • That and trayas unique, sith will just cleanse off all the debuffs
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    That and trayas unique, sith will just cleanse off all the debuffs

and die in the process. if you catch them in an off turn to an AOE, it could work.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Goodgil wrote: »
    I don't know about the Sith raid, but I did have similar thoughts on arena...

HK (lead) IG88 Probe Droid BB8 R2

IG88 is the damage dealer
    BB8 starts the team with 40% TM, and taunts
    Probe Droid and 88 close the enemy with TL
    R2 is called to assist every time BB8 gets countered, and stuns enemies who are suddenly faced with tenacity down
    HK keeps the team going by giving them 50% TM per crit

I've always used droids in arena and that's what im using right now. March 2016 shard. 88's target lock will make getting through taunts (especially sion) much easier
  • Swordd
    161 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »
    bb8 will just get isolated or fractured on a droid team though, that's the main problem there. However his initial TM boost could be pretty useful. Also Traya gains a ton of bonus protection when Nihilus and Sion suffer from debuffs like the DOTs from Ig-88s lead. Traya just kinda counters everything... so theres that.

It also won't be able to last against an EP lead team as once an EP lead team gets debuffs onto the droids they're going to start getting far more tm than the droids can keep up with. The droids would just have that initial wave of attacks and start fading from there.

I think they're going to be a great burst team for TW though.

The entire Droid team should be able to move before anyone on the sith team goes, due to BB8's unique. With an HK lead and all that TM gain, you will at least have EP dead, if not one other toon. Even zeta EP is a squishy old man, and new IG88 sounds ridiculously hard-hitting.

Not sure it will work at the end of the day (especially since Traya will shut down the assists from BB8 and Chopper)

Traya will not be gaining health or prot if she is target locked and IG is alive, so there is definitely a built in answer to that aspect of her kit. She can cleanse when her turn comes around, but if 5 droids hit her before she moves, she might never get to.

I don't know that droids will be the new meta, and I think they won't be, but they definitely look fun.