Facelift for Greedo?

Prev1
Did Greedo get a cosmetic change? Don't remember him tossing a thermal detonator (seems dangerous :wink:), and he looks more gritty. I like it!
#CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).

Replies

• Greedo has always had thermal detonators.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Greedo has always had thermal detonators.

He's talking about the appearance of greedo after the rework. He's now standing in a different posture and is tossing a thermal detonator up and down in his hand like a baseball.
  • catharsis478
    676 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Yeah idle animation is new; I like it. I don't know if I like Boba standing up straight, though; he seemed more dynamic bent over like he was.
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    Yes, it's new. It is pretty nice!
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Greedo animation is great. Boba animation is fine.
  • Ahhh OK. Cool!
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    Did Greedo get a cosmetic change? Don't remember him tossing a thermal detonator (seems dangerous :wink:), and he looks more gritty. I like it!

Han still shot first.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Yeah idle animation is new; I like it. I don't know if I like Boba standing up straight, though; he seemed more dynamic bent over like he was.

Yeah, but Boba's upright posture fits more with what he was depicted like in the films. Very stern, and a powerful posture.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    I love Greedo´s new animation. I think this animations look really cool.
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • They all look much cooler
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Surprised they didn't alter dengar' s posture, seeing how his stance is a carbon copy of STH:

nxvvrf401bbm.png
    dcn3wekb280u.png
  • CPace
    151 posts Member
    Oh wow, I've never notice that
  • CPace
    151 posts Member
    BTW, did other scoundrels get the contract upgrade since this was a scoundrel rework
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    CPace wrote: »

ar4kps6uhvhr.gif
  • CPace wrote: »
    BTW, did other scoundrels get the contract upgrade since this was a scoundrel rework

Not a scoundrel rework only an original trilogy bounty Hunter rework with the addition of bossk
  • JTRs basic attack seemed to get a rework as well.

~D

@RJ__Brando @CPace Dudes, that stance is used for like 90% of the characters in this game. Look at just about every person who holds a blaster. (Finn, RT, Poe, Snowtrooper, etc etc)
    Same goes for Ventress, Sith Marauder, and Sidious, and many more examples.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CPace
    151 posts Member
    Ham_Solomi wrote: »

Not a scoundrel rework only an original trilogy bounty Hunter rework with the addition of bossk

well that's sad. They should be more clear about that then when they mean they are doing a scoundrel rework
    Ham_Solomi wrote: »

well that's sad. They should be more clear about that then when they mean they are doing a scoundrel rework

They've been really clear from the get-go. It's not a Scoundrel rework- never has been. It's an "original" Bounty Hunter rework.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Yeah it seems like you have something in your mind that was never actually said.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Greedo has always been a favourite of mine. Will be interesting to see how the BH do in the arena post the re-work. Hard to tell if they will be META or not but they will definitely become competitive and good for raids, tbs etc
  • I agree. I geared up Greedo way back when I first started playing and he proved solid for me in the early and mid game. I'm glad to see him get a resurgence in the end-game, even if it is likely only PvE content.
  • Nema
    136 posts Member
    Damned patriarch always pushing they views on beauty in Rhodians!
  • Well current Boba looks like he regrets having that last cup of coffee and it's pushing it's way through. So maybe a more stoic stance would be good.

I won't get Greedo though for a bit as I joined in the middle of April so won't get quite enough shards.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF

I love how he bounces the detonator in his hand.

Ha- glad it's not just me! It's absolutely gorgeous and hilarious animation :smiley:
  • Vertigo wrote: »

Yeah, but Boba's upright posture fits more with what he was depicted like in the films. Very stern, and a powerful posture.

It looks so unnatural
  • Arcaver
    317 posts Member
    I wish they would made Boba's stance the one in the character inventory screen. He's holding his wrist with his other hand and his blaster is low, but he's kind of leaned back like he's giving off the vibe, "Don't mess with me or I'll shove this wrist rocket up your dark side."
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Ozwyn
    20 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »

Ha- glad it's not just me! It's absolutely gorgeous and hilarious animation :smiley:

Add me to the list of fans of Greedo’s new animation. It’s glorious in a ‘I wouldn’t want to stand next to that guy’ kind of way.
  • ZCD_9915 wrote: »
    Vertigo wrote: »

It looks so unnatural

It looks like they gave him the same stance as Imperial Super Commando, which would be the worst decision ever, because ISC's stance/movements are AWFUL. He doesn't bend at all.