How to counter Phoenix teams?

Prev1
Looking for advice please guys?

Replies

• Options
    Anything with damage or control. Empire, wiggs rebels, ewoks, jtr, cls, the list of teams goes on...
  • Options
    Is there a way to post my roster on here for you to look at?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Theres a website called swgoh.gg that allows you to set up an account and punlish your roster through it.
  • Trystan_Spyder
    1300 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    heal block, stun, huge single target damage. AoEs will just invite group hugs, unless they are like Vader's Force Choke.

Plus these teams tend to fall once the first piece is removed.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    Hey i set up an account and tried to copy and paste a link to my collection but it's not showing up here
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/wallismaster/
    I’m guessing this is you

Can’t yet tell what your current arena team is, but looks like you’re probably running either Nightsisters or Phoenix. If you’re running Nightsisters, you want to get zombie’s speed as high as possible so it’s taunting as often as possible. And you want Ventriss’ Rampage ability cranked up as much as possible so you can deal out more damage.

If you’re running Phoenix, you want to use Ezra’s and Chopper’s dispels to get rid of taunts. And you want speed on Ezra, since he’s the main damage dealer.

I’d suggest a kill order of Hera, Chopper, Ezra, Kanan, Zeb.
  • Options
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    https://swgoh.gg/u/wallismaster/
    I’m guessing this is you

Thank you
  • Options
    Thank you for your suggestions guys, much appreciated
  • Options
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    If you’re running Nightsisters, you want to get zombie’s speed as high as possible so it’s taunting as often as possible..

Is there a Mod you'd suggest for speeding up Zombie? It's something I've been looking at. If possible without increasing the health too much. Want to take advantage of Ventress

Thanks
  • Options
    Find a mod with a good speed secondary, apply to Zombie. Use a speed primary arrow if you have one.

If you don't have any of the above, it's time to go mod farming.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    You don't counter Phoenix teams, they counter you. ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Any buff cleanser, toons ignoring protection, stuns,
    I see that you have sion and boba, so combo with cleanse and AoE ability block sorts the problem,

Also at this early stage you can benefit of Phasma lead with kylo and SF tie pilot, turn meter boost, advantage, speed down AoE, assists, assists, assists, so if you lack speed mods this helps

plus damage over time from Boba and healing immunity from Kylo.

At this stage of the game bobas undispellable buff is hold, cause you have to kill him at least twice lol

Added value is that apart from sion you use all in ships
  • Options
    Phoenix's biggest strengths are passive recovery and counter attacks.

Its two biggest weaknesses are a painful shortage of debuff cleansing and the fact that Phoenix teams tend to rely on one major damage dealer; either Ezra or Sabine.

If you disable Kanan, there is no debuff cleansing until zetas are on the table, and if you kill Kanan, the whole team loses heal-on-debuff and counter.

Daze, stun, and heal block are your friends.

Some options: Maul and Dooku are effective for Sith, one with AoE daze and the other with good ways to stun Kanan, and in both cases bonuses for beating up Jedi. Thrawn's Fracture is the surest way to get Kanan out of the picture so you can take him out. Darth Nihilus' instant kill can take out anyone. Stormtrooper and Stormtrooper Han can both turn mass counter attacks into a liability in the form of turn meter drain and gain respectively. Kylo Ren classic inflicts heal block with his basic.
    Still not a he.
  • darthjeary
    170 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    This team laughs at Phoenix. I have an all G12 all Zeta'd Phoenix (no chopper) in my shard that I cherry pick every chance I get. They dont even get my protection down.

Palp G10 - no zeta
    Vader G11 - no zeta
    Tarkin G10 - no zeta
    Thrawn G10 - no zeta
    CLS G11 - IBAT

• Options
    Thank you all! Some really sound advice, took out the Phoenix team!
  • Options
    Simple - whack Ezra and they've got nothing else to hit you with. Whack Ezra then clean up.
  • Options
    darthjeary wrote: »
    This team laughs at Phoenix. I have an all G12 all Zeta'd Phoenix (no chopper) in my shard that I cherry pick every chance I get. They dont even get my protection down.

Palp G10 - no zeta
    Vader G11 - no zeta
    Tarkin G10 - no zeta
    Thrawn G10 - no zeta
    CLS G11 - IBAT

I hope so - that's 3 legendary characters vs a basic free to farm team.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    What, that's not good advice for the Level 67 OP? ;)
  • Options
    G11 CLS with Zeta? Yeah, that's totally possible for a level 67.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    See winky face.
  • Options
    Simple - whack Ezra and they've got nothing else to hit you with. Whack Ezra then clean up.

Hera and her backup plan has to go first :wink:
  • Options
    Rufjanski wrote: »

My plan works for me :)

Take away their only offence and I'm happy to grind them down into the dirt even if it takes 10 minutes.
  • Options
    Rufjanski wrote: »

My plan works for me :)

Take away their only offence and I'm happy to grind them down into the dirt even if it takes 10 minutes.

Except for the arena timeout at 5 minutes. Ezra does need to be one of the first gone, but I'd go after chopper first.
  • Options
    Except for the arena timeout at 5 minutes.

Figure of speech old boy, figure of speech :smile:

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Though back when I ran Phoenix, when it was Phoenix-versus-Phoenix, I'd take out their damage dealer and slowly be winning the fight, but go out by time-out! That was frustrating.
    Still not a he.
  • Gannon
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    I've only seen two teams that can efficiently kill Phoenix teams at the high end (g12 with actual proper mods- most ppl don't even come close to modding them effectively). First is palp lead with vader and tarkin, but my 230 speed guys can usually overtake them if vader dies fast, sabine's mass stagger leaves only vader able to fight back. Second is JTR, only if very well modded also. Trick is to kill Kannan, otherwise they all regain 25% health per debut and can counter, which combined with his zeta means they won't die until he does. Sabine can wipe a whole team in two turns if she's build properly also, or put are stagger & expose on the whole team and they can kill multiple toons before you even get a turn.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    @Gannon is Sabine zeta that good? Im considering that or Kanan first. My Kanan is pretty tough already. I know his zeta is good but as offense is usually their issue I thought Sabine first.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    It's arguably the best Phoenix zeta, only rivaled by Kanan's. It hits hard and spreads a lot of useful debuffs, and severely cuts the cooldown.
    Still not a he.
  • Gannon
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting for the bug with it to be fixed in game. They flagged it awhile back, but hasn't been patched yet to my knowledge. (the ai doesn't use demolish) Once that happens tho, It's going to be a lot harder to take them down in arena, I imagine. =)
  • Gannon
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    @Gannon is Sabine zeta that good? Im considering that or Kanan first. My Kanan is pretty tough already. I know his zeta is good but as offense is usually their issue I thought Sabine first.

Sabine is like having Zam on a hunter line. First turn she can pop demolish, then you poke each guy and the stagger drops the tm back to zero. If you're lucky you can use demolish again before they get any turns. I've gone whole battles in arena where the enemy never hits, just like with Zam. The ai can't think that much tho lol