Bounty Hunters and Scoundrels: Hired Help

So the latest round of BH reworks look great. I really am looking forward to using my bounty hunters as a team that always lacked synergy. Presumably, with the upcoming release of the new Solo film, we might be getting a scoundrel rework in the future (which they badly need as they have zero synergy and no leaders).

One thing I feel like would be a great addition for both factions is what I called the concept of “hired help”. As we know, Bounty Hunters and Scoundrels in the Star Wars universe are often seen working for other groups. E.g. we see Boba Fett working for the Empire. But as it stands now, there isn’t much synergy cross over. So what if we added a unique skill for the bounty hunters and scoundrels that allows them to receive 50% of the leader bonus when under the leadership of a corresponding LS/DS faction? For example, Dark Side Bounty Hunter like Boba Fett could benefit under any Dark Side leader, while Veteran Smuggler Han Solo could benefit under any Light Side leader?

I think this would make things interesting and allow for some of those toons that only have the scoundrel tag to find some utility in other squads.

Replies

• Options
    That idea is great. It could possibly be confusing with leaders like Palpatine (both Empire and Sith get bonuses, some of them are differing, so which would they receive?) but I definitely agree and it would make sense. Might take awhile to implement, but not an idea to be discounted at all.
  • Options
    That idea is great. It could possibly be confusing with leaders like Palpatine (both Empire and Sith get bonuses, some of them are differing, so which would they receive?) but I definitely agree and it would make sense. Might take awhile to implement, but not an idea to be discounted at all.

In that instance I think it would be really interesting to have both apply at 50%. So under Palpatine, the BHs/scoundrels would gain 10% health and 10% TM for inflicting a debuff. Kinda like how Vader gets the benefits of both, but they would be 50%.
  • Options

In that instance I think it would be really interesting to have both apply at 50%. So under Palpatine, the BHs/scoundrels would gain 10% health and 10% TM for inflicting a debuff. Kinda like how Vader gets the benefits of both, but they would be 50%.

Actually, going over leadership abilities, having VetChewie and VetHanSolo under General Kenobi lead would be very interesting, seeing as how they'd get 15% Max Health, 35% Defense, then the assists and buffs gained by Jedi and Clones respectively. It would lead to more viability of lesser used toons and mix up the arena even more
  • Options

Actually, going over leadership abilities, having VetChewie and VetHanSolo under General Kenobi lead would be very interesting, seeing as how they'd get 15% Max Health, 35% Defense, then the assists and buffs gained by Jedi and Clones respectively. It would lead to more viability of lesser used toons and mix up the arena even more

Well since neither of the Vets have a heal, they wouldn’t be able to trigger the assists. But yes, when they use a special they would gain advantage just like a clone would under GK.

A change like this would basically make scoundrels and bounty hunters useable in any and every team. They won’t always be as effective as using a character with specific faction tag synergy under a leader, but they wouldn’t be useless either.
  • Options

Well since neither of the Vets have a heal, they wouldn’t be able to trigger the assists. But yes, when they use a special they would gain advantage just like a clone would under GK.

A change like this would basically make scoundrels and bounty hunters useable in any and every team. They won’t always be as effective as using a character with specific faction tag synergy under a leader, but they wouldn’t be useless either.

Oh yeah you're right, I forgot about that. But then yes, the Advantage would be a huge boost to them

Definitely, and if they're more leveled up than certain characters of that faction, that would definitely help greatly. I enjoy this idea greatly, I hope someone looks at this
  • Options
    So the latest round of BH reworks look great. I really am looking forward to using my bounty hunters as a team that always lacked synergy. Presumably, with the upcoming release of the new Solo film, we might be getting a scoundrel rework in the future (which they badly need as they have zero synergy and no leaders).

One thing I feel like would be a great addition for both factions is what I called the concept of “hired help”. As we know, Bounty Hunters and Scoundrels in the Star Wars universe are often seen working for other groups. E.g. we see Boba Fett working for the Empire. But as it stands now, there isn’t much synergy cross over. So what if we added a unique skill for the bounty hunters and scoundrels that allows them to receive 50% of the leader bonus when under the leadership of a corresponding LS/DS faction? For example, Dark Side Bounty Hunter like Boba Fett could benefit under any Dark Side leader, while Veteran Smuggler Han Solo could benefit under any Light Side leader?

I think this would make things interesting and allow for some of those toons that only have the scoundrel tag to find some utility in other squads.

This sounds like a good idea at first, but it has two major problems.

1) It sounds nearly impossible to code. You would need to specify what leaders each bounty Hunter would work under, and you would need to code the new leader ability that applies to them. It sounds way to difficult to be worth it.

2) Some parts of leader abilities cannot be halved. For example Nihilus's leader ability; you can gain half of the health steal and the offense, but would bounty hunters be able to crit? How about receive healing from other sources? That is just one example of a leader ability that is not so easy to half.

So, even though it sounds like a good idea it seems to be too difficult when you look closer at it. It was a nice idea though.
  • Options
    Ryan495678 wrote: »

1) It sounds nearly impossible to code. You would need to specify what leaders each bounty Hunter would work under, and you would need to code the new leader ability that applies to them. It sounds way to difficult to be worth it.

2) Some parts of leader abilities cannot be halved. For example Nihilus's leader ability; you can gain half of the health steal and the offense, but would bounty hunters be able to crit? How about receive healing from other sources? That is just one example of a leader ability that is not so easy to half.

So, even though it sounds like a good idea it seems to be too difficult when you look closer at it. It was a nice idea though.

Yes, I agree that the implementation would be difficult. I don’t know how they would go about coding it.

Yes, halving the leader bonuses is only doable in instances where they can be halved. But there’s already a precedence for this. Several leader abilities have the “and other allies gain half that amount” in their description. As far as things that can’t be halved, there’s no need. BHs under Thrawn would still gain his maneuver ability, and in your Nihilus example the BHs wouldn’t be able to crit or receive heals.

Again, implementation seems difficult but I’m sure there’s a way to do it.
  • Options
    Ryan495678 wrote: »

Yes, I agree that the implementation would be difficult. I don’t know how they would go about coding it.

Yes, halving the leader bonuses is only doable in instances where they can be halved. But there’s already a precedence for this. Several leader abilities have the “and other allies gain half that amount” in their description. As far as things that can’t be halved, there’s no need. BHs under Thrawn would still gain his maneuver ability, and in your Nihilus example the BHs wouldn’t be able to crit or receive heals.

Again, implementation seems difficult but I’m sure there’s a way to do it.

I understand where you are coming from by saying that some leader abilities are already halved for some allies, and that would make it easier than I originally thought, but I still don't think it will happen. I do like your idea, and I see where you are coming from though.
  • Options
    Great idea :D
    I ever felt that BH and scoundrels have to get advantage from every leader hability!
  • Options
    One of the issues with BHs and scoundrels is that they don’t exactly fall under other faction tags. The ones that do, like Han Solo and Lando are highly useable and versatile. But those who don’t neatly fit into another faction and are left with solely the scoundrel or BH tag see very limited use (look at the veteran smugglers).

There’s this issue of putting tags on some scoundrels because even though we see them working with other factions in the movies, they don’t always meet the criteria. I believe this could be a great work around.

This Hired Help concept could even be a unique locked buff that they receive at the beginning of the battle that reads “this character gains partial leadership bonuses”.