Zam Wesell & Cad Bane NO REWORK?!!?????

Darth
296 posts Member
The bounty hunters have needed reworks for EVER and they only do the original trilogy ones for some reason???? And leave out the other 2??? Why exactly???.... Why not do ALL the bounty hunters at once but I guess that would make sense!

Replies

• Polpota
    2 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Possibly for three reasons.

Reason 1) contracts are a whole new mechanic, and will need balancing. Adding more to that would have pushed the update even farther out.

Reason 2) contracts may be a mechanic only for original series BH and they may have a second mechanic for the prequels (I mean we're missing Jango Fett and Aura Sing so it could be two separate mechanics)

Reason 3) they hate you. They logged in read 158 of your previous posts and just thought 'hey, this guy kinda sucks let's invest all this time and effort on a change but leave out characters that would make him the most angry.'
  • Options
    They'll get looked at when separatists get a run through I imagine
  • Options
    Darth wrote: »
    TWhy exactly???

Because someone other than you, or me, make the game. And they've decided that's how they want it :smile:

No grand, arcane conspiracy. It is what it is.

• Options
    Old news
  • Options
    Polpota wrote: »
    Possibly for three reasons.

Reason 1) ....,
    Reason 2) .....,
    Reason 3) they hate you. They logged in read 158 of your previous posts and just thought 'hey, this guy kinda sucks let's invest all this time and effort on a change but leave out characters that would make him the most angry.'

Lol! Too funny
  • Options
    So no Zam or Cad rework? tenor.gif?itemid=10396747
  • Options
    Exactly like we've wait this long for for BH rework and only get half and now supposed to trust them to deliver prequel Hunters in a timely manner... When Windu still hasn't gotting a rework and they are introducing toons like Traya which make previous reworked toons need another rework. Just doing half was a very sloppy move imo.
  • Options
    It's pretty obvious. Without Zam and Cad you only have 4 bounty hunters which will force people to spend money on the new one they're releasing in order to get a full team.
  • Options
    Probably because the new movie is around the same time as the old trilogy
  • Options
    zam needs a rework badly...at least make her detonators uncleansable ;p
  • Options
    I Don't Think So They Aren't Forcing Players To Buy Any New Toon Getting Any New Toon To 4* Instantly Is Relatively Cheap & I Consider It A Great Offer From EA. You Don't Have To Start Pain Farming From Scratch When They Get Farmable That Way You Get To Enjoy Using That Toon Before Another Better One Is Released. Either Way I Hope Lucas Film & EA Find This Brand Profitable For A Very Very Long Time Long Enough For Grand Kids To Inherit Grandpa's Account ☺
    GENERAL INSTANT
  • Options
    Wow, settle.

This rework is as much to test this new mechanic as it is to update the faction - they aren't done yet. Once they've had a chance to look at the metrics and get feedback we'll see them extend contracts to the rest of the faction. All TWO of them, but I digress.

There's also only so many contracts that are easily applicable to combat - and the rest of the bounty hunters are going to either have more specific, and therefore less useful contracts, or will need other common, but less easily achieved contracts that are potentially even more powerful.

For instance, Cad Bane might end up with a contract that's against Jedi. That's great, but not universally useful AT ALL. Or Zam might get a contract that asks for 10 debuffs to be applied to the enemy squad. That's a little harder, and might deserve a really powerful team buff.

Point being, this is just the beginning. They, and other bounty hunters, are coming.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    It was announced ages ago that they were not getting reworked... however they should of got one I agree. Particularly CAD, Zam isn't that bad.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    They said in one of the interviews I listened to recently that they had a limited number of time to sandwich a few reworks in between a bunch of other content. And having a 5 person team consisting of all the original trilogy Bounty Hunters made the most sense for the constraints they were working with. They also left the door open to a prequel era Bounty Hunter team down the road.

I'm personally upset that Cad was left out. He's my favorite Bounty Hunter by far. But they have been steadily working through characters to improve them enough to be good for something at least. Nightsisters, Ewoks, Empire (including Troopers), Rebels (including Rogue 1, and Phoenix), FO, Resistance, Sith, and now old school BH all have at least one if not multiple teams with multiple variations that can be used somewhere. There have been dozens of reworks. And the devs have plenty of financial incentive to keep expanding that list.

Separatists, Jedi, Droids, Clones, Tuskens, and Geonosians all need help even though there are some solid toons (and a few great ones) in all those factions. It will happen. Be patient.
  • TVF
    36597 posts Member
    Options
    How many of these threads do we need?

I'd say one...at most.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Fc021480 wrote: »
    It's pretty obvious. Without Zam and Cad you only have 4 bounty hunters which will force people to spend money on the new one they're releasing in order to get a full team.

Bingo!

But also, Embo is in game (PVE only enemy), Jango is going to be a thing, and then we'll get a 5th republic/separatist era BH (Aurra sing gets asked for a lot, so, maybe).

I'd say they wouldn't normally do a blitz of three characters - but it happened with DN, Sass, and SiT, then again with the NS release. I think the community wants a Jango Legendary, but I think a triple marque is likely. Anyways, we'll have the 5 OG BH's for a while, long enough for the excitement over Bossk to come and dry up before that happens.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Fc021480 wrote: »
    No, it doesn't.

There's all this talk of how Cad and Zam aren't getting a rework, but thing is... there are two bounty hunters that didn't really need a rework. They're Boba and Zam. (And maybe Dengar.) Zam isn't great, but she's good, and has a coherent strategy. Her biggest weakness hasn't been her kit, but rather, support for that kit.

The Greedo rework buffs Zam because he becomes a better thermal detonator setter. The Dengar rework buffs Zam because he's another thermal detonator setter. Under a Boba lead, planting thermal detonators on everyone then having Zam pop them all generates a ton of turn meter for the team.

Also, even if they did rework Cad and Zam, there would still be strong incentive to chase Bossk because he is the only bounty hunter tank.

No need to ascribe conspiracy theories.
    I'd say they wouldn't normally do a blitz of three characters - but it happened with DN, Sass, and SiT, then again with the NS release. I think the community wants a Jango Legendary, but I think a triple marque is likely. Anyways, we'll have the 5 OG BH's for a while, long enough for the excitement over Bossk to come and dry up before that happens.
    Plus Visas, Sion, and Traya.
    Still not a he.