Do the Star Wars books drive or influence GOH content?

I know there’s a wide range of on-screen inspiration for the game. I was just wondering, as I’m halfway through Luceno’s “Tarkin.” Pretty fascinating story with the Grand Moff and seemingly a good source of new content if the devs were so inclined (like his Cutlass the “Carrion Spike.”).

Replies

• They only use canon sources. Tarkin was so insanely popular they added him as canon in Rebels which allowed CG to then add him.
  • Ah, so the Disney/Lucas-branded books are not considered canon?
  • Polpota wrote: »
    They only use canon sources. Tarkin was so insanely popular they added him as canon in Rebels which allowed CG to then add him.

They actually can use whatever they want, just need Lucas approval. They have old republic toons.

Tarkin was canon long before rebels. Have you ever seen a new hope?
  • Wait, how can someone claim to be a star wars fan and think tarkin only became canon in like 2014 and not almost 40 years earlier? Thats like saying the joker was only conceived for the dark knight movie or something ridiculous like that....
  • *laughs* Star Wars was the first movie I ever saw at the ripe age of three, brother. I've seen them all and am very familiar with Tarkin and his place in the storyline. I was just wondering if the EA team develops content from the books that is not necessarily in the movies.
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    The guy that said Tarkin became canon in Rebels is clearly confused and talking about Thrawn.

He is also confused about the game only adding canon characters. See: HK-47, Visas Mar, all three of the Sith trio...

Anyway, I would love to get the Carrion Spike in-game. Would be stealth-heavy and neato.
  • I know there’s a wide range of on-screen inspiration for the game. I was just wondering, as I’m halfway through Luceno’s “Tarkin.” Pretty fascinating story with the Grand Moff and seemingly a good source of new content if the devs were so inclined (like his Cutlass the “Carrion Spike.”).

Yes, Thrawn comes to mind. The latest Thrawn novel is actually part of canon, which opened the door for Captain Pellaeon before his brief appearance in Rebels.
    Polpota wrote: »
    They only use canon sources. Tarkin was so insanely popular they added him as canon in Rebels which allowed CG to then add him.
    O.o
  • Wil wrote: »
    The guy that said Tarkin became canon in Rebels is clearly confused and talking about Thrawn.

He is also confused about the game only adding canon characters. See: HK-47, Visas Mar, all three of the Sith trio...

Anyway, I would love to get the Carrion Spike in-game. Would be stealth-heavy and neato.

Man, you read my mind. Even though losing him as a fleet commander would suck, I’d love to see Tarkin wrecking things in that customized ship. The only way they could track it when it was stolen was by Vader using the force to locate his meditation chamber still onboard! It’d also be fun to see what specs/abilities they’d give Tarkin as a frontline pilot.