Will Bossk be worth the marquee?

So I'm a F2P, I've spent maybe 40$ since launch and that was years ago when I spent anything, but I've been really digging in to the Bounty Hunter rework and for PvE I think they're going to be amazing, possibly even the team needed to advance in the sith raid without being in the wallet warrior guilds. Unfortunately Bossk is the glue for any good pve BH team, much like other marquee chatacters such as Talzin, Sion etc.

Normally I would wait, because spending 300+$ on a single character is LoL, but I have an awesome guild who let me mooch from level 60 up and if I'm right about the BH in raids then being able to put up big numbers for my guild could be a small way of paying it forward.

Thoughts on Bossk, sith raid capability and is he worth busting out the $ for me?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I would play the wait and see, packs are usually available for a month or so after the event.

Nothing is jumping out as perfect for the Sith raid. He will have high survivability, which is only helped by more stars, and that will help.
  • Options
    No toon is ever worth 300 dollars, even if it's an automatic win for everything. I would love to spend a few bucks here and there but the value is so insultingly low that I just can't do it.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    So the last two times i have tried buying the $10 pack that raises them to 4 stars. Its not a gamble, gives a little boost and an extra tier of use in TB and Raids, and allows me to have fun with a new character. For me, that is worth it and about all the money I will spend on the game except for birthday gift cards.

4* Sion raised me 100+ spots in arena and 4* Visas gives me a number of very effective raid teams. And Sions team gets 7-10 defensive victories in each TW. And Visas team 5-7. Its worth it for me.
  • Options
    From my experience with marquee characters, tanks have always been the most useable at lower star levels compared to the other classes. So I would imagine it won’t be any different for Bossk. The extra stars in the short term will really only enable you to use the character in higher level raids. @VonZant has what I consider to be the best strategy when it comes to spending on marquee characters.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options
    The packs will be in the store for a few weeks after the event. You can bet the gamechangers will be testing the BHs in the sith raid and you can see how good they are. I'd say wait for that and decide if you really want to spend upwards of $300.
  • Options
    Bossk is going to be very good.

But too early to know how good.

Time will tell.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    $300?? for one char? and it's bossk?? loooooool I mean
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Bossk seems to be good.
    But if ur serious buy $10 pack 1st.
    And btw..if this BH performs well in STR, expect what they usually do. NERF the heck out of it..so that.u still struggle.
    Thats the devs strategy for any toon that performs well in STR xd
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Wait a few months. By the time we know whether he’ll be worth spending money on, he’ll be in shipments
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Wait a few months. By the time we know whether he’ll be worth spending money on, he’ll be in shipments

This.

• Options
    He should be usable at a lower star level so it’s a matter of getting him up to be able to battle in your tier raid. I would wait and see how the game changers have luck with him in raids and such.... but definitely dropping $10 on the pack
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    You know your priorities and financial situation better than we do.

That said?

Letting guild membership guilt you into throwing large sums of money down a hole is a bad road to go down, friend. And as ways to spend money in this game go, probably less beneficial to the guild than buying crystals and continuing progress toward other projects.
    Still not a he.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

That said?

Letting guild membership guilt you into throwing large sums of money down a hole is a bad road to go down, friend. And as ways to spend money in this game go, probably less beneficial to the guild than buying crystals and continuing progress toward other projects.

Wow.
    I think your in the wrong place, this is completely sound and thoughtful reasoning.

Did you make a wrong turn on the internet? :wink:

No seriously, this^^^
  • Options
    Greedo is really good under Dengar leadership.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

That said?

Wow.
    I think your in the wrong place, this is completely sound and thoughtful reasoning.

Think we need to consider a ban on this one mate...sound and thoughtful is not what we want to encourage on here....

:smiley:

• Options

That said?

Totally get what you're saying but it's not motivation by guilt whatsoever. I'm an old fart (35) and out of the probably hundreds of guilds/clans/alliances I've been in I can say without a shadow of a doubt that these are the coolest bunch of guys I've ever grouped up with.

With that being said I decided against it, I have tons of farming on my plate already and it wouldn't be beneficial to sideline my current projects like CLS. thanks for all the replies!
  • Options
    What I used to do for marquees is get them to 4*
    Again as said before you know your finances better than anyone. If it’s tax season and you want to treat yo self! And you can, go for it.
    But what I love about the marquees are - they give you a free toon. And then all you have to do is wait. In that time of waiting there will be videos and posts about that toons playability that can give you a more informed decision.

And then that toon is farmable. Money and time are the biggest resources in the game.
    As I said in another thread - I think Bossk will be a monster - maybe not arena wise but in other places for sure. + 50 speed!
  • Options
    But what I love about the marquees are - they give you a free toon. And then all you have to do is wait. In that time of waiting there will be videos and posts about that toons playability that can give you a more informed decision.

Well put and absolutely true.

• Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

+1