The 5th character

Thought I was smart when farming Luke, but the guy is so **** average and have no synergy with my other guys.

I'm currently running this team:

QGJ (leader)
Lumi
Sid
Dooku
LUKE

Who should I replace my **** Luke with? I was thinking Yoda but it's going to be difficult to win against all those **** Sid-teams (lol, as mine is one of them) with 3 Jedis in the same squad. What's your advice?

Replies

• LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Replace Luke for Daka, Lumi for QGJ, have Phasma lead.

Stun team ftw.
    {RotE}
  • Not really interested in subbing anyone except for Luke to be honest. Spent lots of my energy & time on QGJ, Sid, Dooku and Lumi. So will use them as a core but just need a 5th member as a complement.
  • GS, Rey, or 86 I think
  • Hauzer wrote: »
    GS, Rey, or 86 I think
    Why not guys like Ventress, Kylo Ren or Fives? Just trying to understand here :)
  • You could always try something new aside from always using Phasma/Rey/Daka/GS etc, i'm having fun using Luke,Biggs and Han (+ QGJ and Luminara), yeah i may not go straight for #1, but i like using something different and i have no problems! well, i'm not really a competitive player, so there's that.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Monxie wrote: »
    Hauzer wrote: »
    GS, Rey, or 86 I think
    Why not guys like Ventress, Kylo Ren or Fives? Just trying to understand here :)

In general most teams try to have speed and big single tsrget damage. Being fast and hard hitting means you can turn the 5v5 battle in a 5v4 or 5v3 as soon as first turn. That's why Geo is do commonly used, Rey too.

Kylo and Ventress have good AOE. You could go that route (some forums users have success with it), but you need to overload it more (4-5 AOE users, maybe with Poggle or Poe that buff your AOE) that means you should replace both Lumi and Dooku.

Fives works decently in teams with Kylo+Dooku, especially against enemy AOE like Sid. He also might work with other assist like your QGJ, if you add some heavy hitters like First Order Tie Pilot and Resistance Pilot, as he can call them.

Kylo is first order, he is a common addition to Phasma teams. With him, Gist order Officer and FO tie pilot you have a solid FO base team.

Geo is the strongest damage dealer/assist besides QGJ. He is probably the best ",plug and play" heroe, plus he is easy to farm
  • I have a similar set up. I use sid (l) qgj, lumi, Poe and Kylo. Currently ranked at 35. Defensively they ain't the greatest but good on offense. I sub qgj and Sid as leads depending on who I'm facing .
  • Monxie wrote: »
    Thought I was smart when farming Luke, but the guy is so **** average and have no synergy with my other guys.

I'm currently running this team:

QGJ (leader)
    Lumi
    Sid
    Dooku
    LUKE

Who should I replace my **** Luke with? I was thinking Yoda but it's going to be difficult to win against all those **** Sid-teams (lol, as mine is one of them) with 3 Jedis in the same squad. What's your advice?

I use this team as well but not Luke , I use kit and darth depending on the battle . Also Daka .
  • Daka
  • The obvious answer is Poe.

If you prefer not to have a Tank, go with Geo Soldier.
  • ^
  • RollTideTA wrote: »
    The obvious answer is Poe.

If you prefer not to have a Tank, go with Geo Soldier.
    I have a rather good Poe since I was using him "back in the days when he was really good". It's interesting that you say Poe is the obvious answer but nobody else is mentining him!

Daka would be good option but haven't even unlocked her :/
  • Replace Luke w/ GS
    and Lumi w/ FOTP if you can.
    QGJ Dooku Sid GS and FOTP is a very strong snipe team.
    Easy to beat but easy to win as well. Being rank 1 when the times up is what matters in the arena.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    I also farmed Luke when everyone was saying farming GS would be the best. I liked the main actor rather than some nameless bug that's why I chose Luke. He was used for an extended period of time. He's still at 6*. I stopped farming his shards and went back to farm GS. A gear 9, high speed toon with assist is extremely powerful.
  • Replace Luke w/ GS
    and Lumi w/ FOTP if you can.
    QGJ Dooku Sid GS and FOTP is a very strong snipe team.
    Easy to beat but easy to win as well. Being rank 1 when the times up is what matters in the arena.

Why is it easy to beat this team? Or better question: How?
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Reyia wrote: »
    I also farmed Luke when everyone was saying farming GS would be the best. I liked the main actor rather than some nameless bug that's why I chose Luke. He was used for an extended period of time. He's still at 6*. I stopped farming his shards and went back to farm GS. A gear 9, high speed toon with assist is extremely powerful.
    Exactly! It made no sense to farm a nobody like GS over Luke but it makes sense now when I know the game better, lol. I'm a little bit paranoid though, it feels like if I farm GS for a few weeks, then he'll be nerfed by EA when I could finally use him. That's overall a concern in this game, that you simply cannot think long-term because you just don't know when characters will get nerfed. I was farming Poe for the longest time, spending much energy and time in improving his gear, and then he was suddendly massively nerfed just when I was about to promote him to 6*.