Hard node rewards

Instead of increasing (again) to 8 attempts a day, why not return to 3 but guarantee 1 shard each attempt? Since the change to 5, I am still getting 1 shard a day of tie reaper...

Replies

• Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options
    I got 12 from 16 on Holdo
  • Options
    Reyalp wrote: »
    I got 12 from 16 on Holdo

Well I envy your luck, but I have been farming it every day since the change and still average 1 shard a day for ships. Just did 8 rose and got 2, and 8 ghost and got 1.
  • Options
    Tyrael1701 wrote: »
    Instead of increasing (again) to 8 attempts a day, why not return to 3 but guarantee 1 shard each attempt? Since the change to 5, I am still getting 1 shard a day of tie reaper...

Because they are SOOOO GREEDY! Ignoring the troll post, drop rates will be horrible, you will waste energy - with the goal of spending/buying gems to cover all the toons u want each day.
  • Options
    Increased to 8 because level caps increase are coming and we will get more energy to spend
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    DoOrDoNot wrote: »
    Increased to 8 because level caps increase are coming and we will get more energy to spend

I like where you going with this...
  • Tyrael1701
    87 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    DoOrDoNot wrote: »

But my point was low drop rates. 99 attempts * .0000000000001 is still almost 0. I really am curious about other people's results. Have other people tried farming tie reaper and been getting 5 shards every day? Because I get 0-2, but almost always 1 for 5. And if I get a 2, it's always balanced with a 0 the day before or after. I also farm ghost every day with similar results.
  • Options

But my point was low drop rates. 99 attempts * .0000000000001 is still almost 0. I really am curious about other people's results. Have other people tried farming tie reaper and been getting 5 shards every day? Because I get 0-2, but almost always 1 for 5. And if I get a 2, it's always balanced with a 0 the day before or after. I also farm ghost every day with similar results.

I got 3-5 today. (Character-ship)
    Got 2-1 yesterday.
    Got 4-1 the day before.
    Don't remember before that..
    I'd suggest keeping track by maintaining some spreadsheets. Might sound redundant but it evens out over time.
  • Options

I got 3-5 today. (Character-ship)
    Got 2-1 yesterday.
    Got 4-1 the day before.
    Don't remember before that..
    I'd suggest keeping track by maintaining some spreadsheets. Might sound redundant but it evens out over time.

I think I will start doing thwt. But I've never had 4 shards. 2 is always my highest. Do you do single, 3s? 5s?
  • Kiritoismyname
    845 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Depends. I prefer 5. But today had to do 6 and 2.
    Might do 6 and 2 from now on.

Wait, i'll try searching when i started farming that node. Brb. Currently at 21-6 /100.

Edit:- I started farming in mid-dec. Farmed everyday. Have refreshed node only 2-3 times in all these months. Didn't get it from anywhere else. Hope that info is valuable.

• TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Instead of increasing (again) to 8 attempts a day, why not return to 3 but guarantee 1 shard each attempt?

They won't do this...you'll still get about the same number of shards in the long run (I believe 33% is in the ballpark of the average drop rate) but you don't have to spend as much energy.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Number of sims is irrelevant. Does not affect the drop rate.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

I've heard some game changers arguing that if you do the full amount, you can roll a 1 or 0 for the full amount. So it's better odds to break them down (cantina). But I guess nobody has the programming so we aren't sure either way.
  • Options

Wait, i'll try searching when i started farming that node. Brb. Currently at 21-6 /100.

Edit:- I started farming in mid-dec. Farmed everyday. Have refreshed node only 2-3 times in all these months. Didn't get it from anywhere else. Hope that info is valuable.

Yeah, I've been farming reaper for a long time, haven't refreshed since I usually am low on energy. Just to get 10 almost takes me an energy buy every day. Wish they would also fix time zones. Current bonuses are 23:00, 5:00, and 8:00. Really sucks if you RL...
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

I've heard some game changers arguing that if you do the full amount, you can roll a 1 or 0 for the full amount. So it's better odds to break them down (cantina). But I guess nobody has the programming so we aren't sure either way.

You can also roll a 0 for 8 straight attempts.

You're right that no one knows for absolutely sure (other than CG) but it would be awfully weird to program in some complex thing where the number of attempts matter, when you can just do a simple flat drop rate.
  • Options

You can also roll a 0 for 8 straight attempts.

You're right that no one knows for absolutely sure (other than CG) but it would be awfully weird to program in some complex thing where the number of attempts matter, when you can just do a simple flat drop rate.

But, if they program it so that each attempt uses a set probability and then a second roll to see how many if the roll succeeds, you could get screwed. For example, if their program is set up like this: If user rolls a 95-100, then reward 1-X shards. Total battles =X. Roll X sided die. In this example, it is better to do singles or maybe 2 or 3 at a time.

However, if they do it as a separate dice roll for each, it would have no impact. If user does 1-X battles, roll 1-X dice and see if each one is 95-100. If 95-100, reward 1 shard.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    The only way to know for sure is track your results using multiple methods over a large sample size.

I find your scenario highly unlikely though.
  • Options
    The only way to know for sure is track your results using multiple methods over a large sample size.

I find your scenario highly unlikely though.

I forget which game changer but I think they hypothesized the one probability as likely because before re-work, all vaders dots would get resisted a lot in pvp. Same with sideous aoe. This was back before sideous even got his rework. People even complained on the forums about sideous always getting resisted by all for aoe. So the game changer was guessing the single pass/fail check likely explains the amount of full team resists.