Guild Strategy for First Time Heroic Pit

I think my guild is ready for another stab at Herioc Pit (we had one free for all a short while ago and made it just over halfway before running out of toons!). Is there a recognized strategy for beginner Herioc Pit Raids? All I see is advice on established runs where Guilds are trying to slow the process down to allow everyone a go, which (unfortunately) is not currently our problem.

Should we still free for all & see what happens now we have more 7* Toons, or plan more e.g.initially 2 squads per Phase, then mop up to ensure stamina for the entire event. Given the time limit, I'm not sure strategizing that way would work - we're quite a casual (but regular) guild and dictating time slots for attack goes against our ethos a bit...

Guild is Fox's Heroes if anyone wants to look us up and check our roster...

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Options
    Anything with TM removal is your friend for pit. Zader lead, with tarkin, jyn, tfp And someone..
    Or teebo(lead), rex, QGJ, jyn, r2 etc

If you want people to look at your roster it's always more polite and proactive if you post the link insatead of; "help me, look my guild up to look at what we have and come back and tell me what to do"..
  • Paulrobe
    9 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Thanks Syrup_Chugger3

Sorry - should have mentioned. Although we have 43 members, not many have linked to SWGOH.GG I'm afraid, so I didn't see much point in posting it :)

https://swgoh.gg/g/24652/foxs-heroes/

Appreciate the etiquette failure in asking anyone to go looking for us, but in game (afaik) is currently the only way to get an overview of the Guild because of this. I honestly wasn't implying anyone should though, just felt it was the only thing I could offer in this area...

Are we looking at minimum Gear Tiers at all? Generally I mean rather than specific Toons

Thanks again

• Options
    You can solo it. Get some better speed mods, but not that much more speed. Wedge l, biggs, thrawn, rex and cls. Fracture often, smash in gate in phases 2 and 3. Use cls and rex to remove turn meter.
  • Options
    If you need to familiarize with tactics, checkout yt or I could give you a few pointers.
  • Options
    Thanks Hellios

I think I'd been approaching the concept wrong. I've been concerned about not soloing so the rest of the guild can take part (other than by zero damaging), but just realised that if I let them all go first and mop up later, everyone wins! :smiley:

We struggle to bank Raid Credits (like I said, we're regular, but casual), so don't want to waste a run either.

Cheers for the help!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @Paulrobe

If you have a few guys, that can do huge chunks of damage (f.ex. solo phase 1) then let them go at it one at a time and let the rest wait. This is to not waste battles that overlap in damage. If a guy solos the whole of a phase, then others who battle in that phase will not contribute towards killing the Rancor.
    When you reach phases 2 and 3 let everyone do 1 battle at most each of those phases to make best use of toppling (door down).
    In phase 4 just throw anything you have left at it.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Oh! I see now, that you figuref out how to do it. I was wondering what the problem was, whem I saw your profile with a g12 CLS.

Good luck :—)
  • Options
    @Waqui

There's a few who could take that first chunk on. I'm desperately trying to get them all to sync their accounts though, so I can overview things better. Not keen on getting militant about it though...:)

Sometimes I think we're too casual!!!

Thanks for the advice
  • Options
    @Paulrobe whoever the first on your swgoh(g12 CLS) could easily solo it with CLS, wedge, biggs, and thrawn(What I first used to solo it) even throw rex in for added TM reduction. Could do like my guild does for haat, let everyone get in in first 24hrs and then he solos it (I solo p3 and 4 of haat) or do 24hr/0 then FFA. But with his squad shouldn't be a problem finishing next hpit
  • Options
    @Syrup_Chugger3

(Head Swells...)

That would be me :blush:

I'm thinking that might be the way. So you think those toons could run as they stand for this? I could probably juggle some Mods if needed...

Thanks for this!
  • Options
    I can't speak for pit but when my guild first started doing heroic tank I had built a squad that could solo phase 3 and 4 and did The same thing as syrup. Basically let my guild go and get as far as they could which was phase 3 and then I'd come in and finish it off eventually the rest of the guild catches up, my guild can now do heroic tank without me.
  • Options
    @Darthpedro

Cool - Thanks!

It all makes sense and was kind of where I was heading. Just needed to hear it from those who'd been there!

Thanks everyone - I'll let you know how I get on. We cycle our Raid Tiers at the moment as we've still got some weaker members, so should be able to go for Heroic Pit by the end of the weekend.

Have a good one when it comes!
  • Options
    Paulrobe wrote: »
    @Syrup_Chugger3

(Head Swells...)

That would be me :blush:

I'm thinking that might be the way. So you think those toons could run as they stand for this? I could probably juggle some Mods if needed...

Thanks for this!

Yeah when I did it I ran CLS g12 speed in the 230s (now 257 yay lol), thrawn at g11 roughly 200 speed, and biggs and wedge were only like gear 8 plus a few or gear 9..(can't remember but not too special) with speeds I think less than 190 to be honest! And with IBAT he'll help with slow wiggs, it can't auto the raid but it'll make it through.
  • Options
    @Darthpedro

Cool - Thanks!

It all makes sense and was kind of where I was heading. Just needed to hear it from those who'd been there!

Thanks everyone - I'll let you know how I get on. We cycle our Raid Tiers at the moment as we've still got some weaker members, so should be able to go for Heroic Pit by the end of the weekend.

Have a good one when it comes!

Also, my guild used to do this but stopped in December. Make sure your guild has at least one character at 7* and only run heroic, be much better in the long run (if you have enough to carry though a bit if you're not sure on your team)
  • Options
    We cycle our Raid Tiers at the moment as we've still got some weaker members, so should be able to go for Heroic Pit by the end of the weekend.

It's a little tedious, but go through your guild and figure out what everyone's highest star rating is, then plan accordingly. I would say that, once you get to about five people without a seven star, you set a date about two weeks from the day that the guild moves to Heroic full-time. You'll probably get a few people who are upset because they feel that they aren't doing enough to help the guild, or aren't pulling big enough numbers, or that it isn't fun to go in with only one character, but reassure them that it'll help them grow--the 50th place rewards in Heroic are better than one in T6 for example--their teams/rosters more quickly and that they'll be challenging you for top spot in Rancor soon enough.

My guild went through this process a few months back, and each Rancor we've got another person who either solos it or comes close. We're working out the kinks for HAAT now, too--after our last attempt I've got us waiting until my Ackbar team is ready to go; should be middle of May if we're waiting on me--and should be able to go through that process again soon.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    So you think those toons could run as they stand for this? I could probably juggle some Mods if needed...

Thanks for this!

Do you really doubt that? Your CLS can solo the whole thing on auto. Just load him with speed:

https://swgoh.gg/u/paulrobe/mods/?stat2_5=1M

If you throw in Thrawn, Rex and Teebo in the mix you will be well on the safe side. After you are comfortable with it, you can experiment with Wedge lead and Biggs for extra muscle to complete it faster.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    On a side note, you could achieve a huge improvement for your arena team simply by moving your best mods to them. Currently they are all over the place. You may be able to reach top—200.
  • Options
    you need to have only one person in the rancor at a time that way you ensure you do the most damage. Turn Meter redux is your best friend in the rancor raid. Even though my guild has an active guild power of about 16mil we have some guys who can solo the rancor because of Turn Meter redux.

Anyone looking for a good clean guild please search for >Revanesque< in the guild search we do heroic rancor raids once a week and can almost do heroic tank raid. Only requirement is keep it clean and participate.
  • Options
    Thanks again everyone

Done some juggling with speed mods - currently at:

CLS - 244
    Biggs - 139
    Wedge - 145
    Thrawn - 195
    Rex - 181

Will see if I can get any more b4 we get to Heroic Pit...
  • Options
    Thanks again everyone

Done some juggling with speed mods - currently at:

CLS - 244
    Biggs - 139
    Wedge - 145
    Thrawn - 195
    Rex - 181

Will see if I can get any more b4 we get to Heroic Pit...

CLS is def good, maybe just a bit on thrawn and rex to about 200, or heck. Forget wiggs and run CLS, thrawn and rex haha
    Biggs is really only good for his assist calling wedge and another assist hopefully CLS
  • Options
    OK, sooo...

Now i’m thinking:

Teebo(L) - needs a little work
    CLS
    Thrawn
    Rex

Not sure about a 5th though - My OB is quite good & would give additional TM reduction... any suggestions?

Not confident enough to try and run with only 3 just yet... ;)
  • Options
    OK, sooo...

Now i’m thinking:

Teebo(L) - needs a little work
    CLS
    Thrawn
    Rex

Not sure about a 5th though - My OB is quite good & would give additional TM reduction... any suggestions?

Not confident enough to try and run with only 3 just yet... ;)

Pop in r2 for 5th
  • Options
    Thanks @Syrup_Chugger3

Don’t know if I’m over analysing this, but I’m concerned about Potency now - it’s painfully low across all toons. Shouldn’t this be high to ensure TM reduction?

I ran auto on P1 of T6 as an experiment with this squad and I soloed it easy. I know it’s not any kind of comparison to Heroic (or even P2-4 on T6), but is that an indication at all?

Thanks!
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks @Syrup_Chugger3

Don’t know if I’m over analysing this, but I’m concerned about Potency now - it’s painfully low across all toons. Shouldn’t this be high to ensure TM reduction?

I ran auto on P1 of T6 as an experiment with this squad and I soloed it easy. I know it’s not any kind of comparison to Heroic (or even P2-4 on T6), but is that an indication at all?

Thanks!

Tenacity down means potency doesnt matter.

The most important advice i can give you is that if you mess up or rng goes against you try and retreat cls.

Vader (l) no zeta tarkin magmatrooper palpatine cls can also solo.

Even if you dont manage to retreat cls throw your sidious in instead and that team has enough tmr and gear to do about a million which is 10% of rancour heroic. Its a nice cushion to fall back on if you mess up.

Dont be afraid go for heroic.
  • Options
    Heroic raids have lower health pool, so if you can solo t6, you can solo heroic
  • Options
    Thanks @Syrup_Chugger3

Thanks!

Yeah you are, cls inflicts tenacity down so you shouldn't worry about it
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone for your advice and encouragement - we did it! :)

My guild took it to halfway of P3 where I picked it up with the above squad and he didn't land a single hit!!!

Don't know what I was worrying about - it seemed really easy...

Next stop HAAT!!! ;)