Deathtrooper or Vets?

Prev1
Random9
510 posts Member
I've been farming the vets for rey and have chewy 5* and han nearly at 4* nearly five. Should I temporarily break from them to get deathtrooper to 5* for the IPD special mission? I'm working on my imperial troopers for that.

Deathtrooper or Vets? 100 votes

Deathtrooper
36%
Dooku_for_daysAycee1WookieWookieElleMadaraNameDrazz127IngvarCasteleynPlooshdennishsnyder57SamDSCR2istheheroGoodgilCreepiooRiffinatorpinkfloydDathcaDarthGugelSwalkerVisiondarthAmmuzVaexquaGer 36 votes
Veterans
64%
StarSonGwonkEricsonXCCyrilSleefdad2my3Mr_SausageFreeeonRebel_yellPremierVenothTakuan72TherionizedAlleBezajordisonjedibaer71PAUBroksbyObiJuanPolloKyJoe_CoolRichfxxxKatojan 64 votes

Replies

• Deathtrooper
    Rey is gonna be way more bang for your buck especially in Sith raid and arena likely, but i still say Dtroop he's a baller.
  • Veterans
    JTR is worth it in every area of the game. Except maybe Arena now, and ships obviously.

You don't need DT for the IPD mission. Zeta Veers and G12 shore trooper are far more important.
  • Veterans
    JTR is the only character in the game that can remove turn meter from the Sith raid. DO THE VETERANS.
  • Veterans
    Vets are awful and get you JTR. Arguably the second best character in the game.

Deathtroopers are awesome and won't really get you anything...you don't need them to get IPD.

Choice is yours ;)
  • Veterans

Deathtroopers are awesome and won't really get you anything...you don't need them to get IPD.

Choice is yours ;)

If JTR is second best, then who is first???
  • Veterans
    Traya, presumably.

• Veterans
    Stay the course and finish your current farm. Deathtrooper can wait until after you've finished the vets--he is for me!--and he isn't exactly necessary for the IPD mission, you have other troopers you can use in the meantime.
  • Veterans

Choice is yours ;)

Thrawn.
    Traya, presumably.

Please no.
  • Veterans

Choice is yours ;)

Thrawn.
    Traya, presumably.

Please no.

That's a different thread.

Allow me to rephrase - Vets get you one of the top 5 characters in the game (and are awful), Deathtroopers get you one of the top 15 characters in the game (and are awesome). Choice is yours.
  • Veterans
    Vets, my dude. JTR is way too important overall
    vic7sl2sdey3.jpg
  • Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    Deathtrooper
    Deathtrooper is needed for the best ship in the game,the Tie Reaper.So he is a priority and not that hard to gear up.Mine is only 5 stars but he is G11,almost G12.The only drawback he has is the miserable drop rate of his shards (i have days when after siming 3x3-4-5 battles i get zero shards) so getting him to 7 stars is going to take you at least 3 months.And he is also needed in the Sith Raid as well.So,again,he is a priority.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Veterans
    You can do the IPD mission without Deathtrooper, with adequate gear, and you've already made significant progress toward Rey.
    Still not a he.
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Deathtrooper
    Deathtropper is a JTR killer, as is probe droid. Get them both and you never need to worry about JTR.

And since both DT and JTR are needed for the Sith raid, you'll eventually get both...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Veterans
    Well, you can gamble you'll be ready for the next JTR event even if you quickly farm DT now, but i wouldn't. Better safe than sorry.
    I'm actually suprised people are voting for DT O_o
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Deathtrooper
    Death mark in the Sith Raid is crazy. And all you need is add Death Trooper to what ever team you want to see more damage from.
    JTR needs a few zetas and at least BB8 to be good. So add five First Order to your Vets list.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    JijackCana wrote: »
    Death mark in the Sith Raid is crazy. And all you need is add Death Trooper to what ever team you want to see more damage from.
    JTR needs a few zetas and at least BB8 to be good. So add five First Order to your Vets list.

Already got BB-8 6*, he'll be 7*next time around. I finished my last first order character three days after the event ended.

• Deathtroopers are awesome and won't really get you anything...you don't need them to get IPD.

Sorry disagree. Death Trooper gets you some big numbers in phase 2 or 3 of the Sith Raid. Awesome character.

• I'd say DT until he's 5* to participate in IPD mission, but then leave him alone and focus solely on vets. IPD is great and your guild will appreciate it
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Veterans
    Might as well get it over with. I love DT though. Use him everyday!
  • Veterans
    I hate to "beat a dead horse" as "they" call it, but you should really FARM THE VETS. Everyone by now already knows that JTR is the golden key answer to doing well in the Sith Raid. Your guild will thank you later for having JTR and getting them closer to HSith rather than farming DT (who isn't required for IPD, there are other Imperial Troopers) who will get you IPD who's not as all around useful as JTR. I did it. I conquered the farm. I have both my vets 7 star and all I am doing now is just waiting for the next JTR event (cough cough May the 4th cough cough). ;) You'll be happier with having JTR than IPD, and so will your guild. That's just my two cents. But at the end of the day farm whoever you'd like! :blush: This game is meant for FUN so if you're a huge Rogue One fan (like me :smiley: ) and want DT over the Vets, then do what makes YOU happy. None of us here can tell you who to farm. Whatever choice you make, good luck and may the force be with you! :)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Thanks all, looks like I’ll be farming the vets
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    DT has its benefits. In general i would go for the vets.

If you were to tell me you needed dt to finish chexmix or that you already have high star high gear shpretrooper but your tie reper is still a liability or you have a maxed Krennic I could change my answer.
  • Deathtrooper
    You will need Death Trooper to unlock someone eventually....
    in this vote I take it’s just because it’s the cantina energy you must pick one and Focus.
    In my experience the vets each of them had a drop rate was a third of what Death Trooper was dropping for me.( I farmed death Trooper first. And missed the RJT event the first time. By my First Order Storm Trooper;BB8. And ten Vet chewy shards.)

But Death Trooper is so much more fun.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Ask your guild. If they accept missing out on 100 IPD shards a month (2 x 50) for the chance of having another JTR team for the sith raid then go with vets ASAP to be ready for whenever the event returns. If your guild prioritizes IPD higher, then go with DT.
  • Veterans
    IPD is attainable without Deathtrooper. Just more difficult.
    Still not a he.
  • Veterans
    Go for Rey, she will be an valuable addition to a team.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Veterans
    I’ve certainly gotten more use out of JTR than IPD. It’s a frustrating double farm, but it’s worth it. You will want JTR for the Sith Raid.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    JTR is the only character in the game that can remove turn meter from the Sith raid.

This is false. Any Sith or Empire character can remove TM from Nih or Traya if under a Zader lead, and any NS character can remove TM from Nih or Traya if under a zAsajj lead, and the TM removal is unresistable just like with JTR. There's probably other examples but these are two I use.

Furthermore, any character with TMR can remove TM on their own, provided you do it before Nih or Traya get their Tenacity up from being hit.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Veterans
    TVF wrote: »
    Furthermore, any character with TMR can remove TM on their own, provided you do it before Nih or Traya get their Tenacity up from being hit.
    Of course, for that one, tenacity starts so high and ramps up so quickly that it's hard to get much mileage out of that, particularly with stacking speed to boot.
    Still not a he.