Sith Trooper or Shore

VonZant
3843 posts Member
So I run EP DV Thrawn DN and 4* Sion. All are only g10 or 11.

Dec 16 Shard I can break top 50 on a good day but fall pretty hard as I get targeted because I am the only team without 3-5 gold guys. There are few Rex leads at my level but lots of Raid Hans. He is my bane.

I have Sith Trooper at 5* and was thinking of subbing him in at night for D. Im guessing to replace thrawn. Sions Taunt is unreliable as a primary and sometimes my EP or Thrawn get whacked early. I also have 7* g10 Shore.

So 5* Sith Trooper or 7* G10 Shore? SiT doesnt need a turn to Taunt as he can Taunt even when Stunned. Shoretrooper kinda needs a Thrawn to get his taunt off reliably.

Replies

• Rufjanski
    75 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Well this might be out of blue but why not both? Sion if not directed manually can be super stupid... With SiT you get AoE ignoring defence and autotaunt, heal and turn meter from shore, protection regeneration and fracture from Thrawn, as well as cleanse, and Nihilus AoE can't really go wrong with cool down increase...
    ?
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Depends on the shard imo-
    Shore brings crit immunity which hurts jtr and an extra heal that hurts NS. Crit immunity also annoys CLS teams, but it doesn't totally nerf wreck their offense. But as you pointed out, he needs a turn to really do much other than absorb the first dispelling skill. I use the same team as you but with Shore in for Thrawn.

So I'd say depends really. SiT is better if the tank is gonna sit there stunned, Shore is better if against some teams IF he can move
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Generally, Sith Trooper is the better of the two.
    Still not a he.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I'm not gonna argue who the better tank is, but you could try EP DV and all 3 tanks and hope the opponents time out, or even just pass on attacking. Unless you face a lot of group debuffers (assaj, DT). Also hopefully your vader tends to go first so sith trooper taunts sooner than later. Worth a shot...
  • Sith trooper might be better in a sith team, but shore is more useful in other areas, as an imperial trooper (tb, ipd mission) and fleet arena (reaper!!)
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    So is Sith Trooper viable at 5*?
  • VonZant wrote: »
    So is Sith Trooper viable at 5*?

All tanks are viable at 5*, gear matters more.
  • I agree that in a Palp team Sith trooper is better. I swapped from Shore a month ago and never looked back. Get his tenacity as high as possible to avoid stuns and he does surprisingly well with counter attacks. Since I maxed out mine to g12 I'm quite impressed. However shore is better against NS.