Greedo's Detonators blow up faster?

Prev1
Has anyone else noticed that Greedo's thermal detonators blow up on the first turn of whichever enemy they are stuck to? All other bounty hunters with detonators, Zam and Dengar, have their detonators blow up on the second turn of whoever they are stuck to. Is this intentional? Because Greedo's thermal detonators are so much better and more useful than the other two, as it's harder to cleanse his before they can blow up. It would be fantastic if all bounty hunter detonators blew up as fast as Greedo's.
@CG_Carrie

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    greedos do say one turn. Zam says 2 and Dengars do not have a stated turn count.
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    It says 1 turn in Greedo description
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    I do wish they'd detonate when they end regardless of means. Make them interesting.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    greedos do say one turn. Zam says 2 and Dengars do not have a stated turn count.

Dengar's?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Dengar's?

Dengar's appear to be 2 turns like Zam's. I wish they'd all be one turn. It'd be so much better.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    TVF wrote: »

Dengar's?

Omega Mini Mine Mayhem puts out a Detonator on a random enemy for each Bounty Hunter ally now. It's not tied to the number of crits you score, either.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Dengar's?

Omega Mini Mine Mayhem puts out a Detonator on a random enemy for each Bounty Hunter ally now. It's not tied to the number of crits you score, either.

Oh yeah, I forgot that got reworked (I don't have it yet). Thanks.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • It should be something like "when dispelled immediately blows up"
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    To be fair, don't you want Zam's to last longer? Gives her more of a chance to pop them herself and make them explode, but for others, would be cool if they always went off regardless!
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    To be fair, don't you want Zam's to last longer? Gives her more of a chance to pop them herself and make them explode, but for others, would be cool if they always went off regardless!

,Zam pops greedo's too.... And Dengars
  • I definitely think they should explode on a cleanse. That would make them a LOT better. I also think it'd still work if Zam's blew up in one turn. She'd still get 100% tm once the first pops and she can then pop the rest herself
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It should be something like "when dispelled immediately blows up"

Yes please, even if it needs to be a lower % damage.

Cleanse
    Resist
    Dodge

At least one of these needs to go.

I think the 1 turn explode is a step in the right direction, but still need some love.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    It should be something like "when dispelled immediately blows up"

Yes please, even if it needs to be a lower % damage.

Cleanse
    Resist

Dodge

At least one of these needs to go.

I think the 1 turn explode is a step in the right direction, but still need some love.

Both those need to go
  • Agreed; the step towards a one-turn explosion was a step in the right direction but it does not need to be the last step. TDs still need more work. The percentage reduction particularly hurt their usefulness; as one of the few using a workable Bomb Squad before they were popular, it felt heavy handed to see them adopt popularity just in time to get hit with the nerf bat simply for doing what they were designed to do.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Agreed; the step towards a one-turn explosion was a step in the right direction but it does not need to be the last step. TDs still need more work. The percentage reduction particularly hurt their usefulness; as one of the few using a workable Bomb Squad before they were popular, it felt heavy handed to see them adopt popularity just in time to get hit with the nerf bat simply for doing what they were designed to do.

Are they weaker after the latest rework or were they nerfed just that once a long while ago? They seemed weaker, but that could have just been the insane defense of the contract event enemies. They definitely need more enhancements
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Agreed; the step towards a one-turn explosion was a step in the right direction but it does not need to be the last step. TDs still need more work. The percentage reduction particularly hurt their usefulness; as one of the few using a workable Bomb Squad before they were popular, it felt heavy handed to see them adopt popularity just in time to get hit with the nerf bat simply for doing what they were designed to do.

I think they are a very powerful weapon so, they have to be cautious with changes that make them more viable.

I'm hoping we will see more changes down the road as they try to keep improving them and the BH that use them.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Agreed; the step towards a one-turn explosion was a step in the right direction but it does not need to be the last step. TDs still need more work. The percentage reduction particularly hurt their usefulness; as one of the few using a workable Bomb Squad before they were popular, it felt heavy handed to see them adopt popularity just in time to get hit with the nerf bat simply for doing what they were designed to do.

I think they are a very powerful weapon so, they have to be cautious with changes that make them more viable.

I'm hoping we will see more changes down the road as they try to keep improving them and the BH that use them.

I think they can risk being more aggressive with them. Only 3 playable characters even have them, all are bounty hunters, and only Greedo and now Dengar are good characters (Zam is ok at best).

It's not like they are changing 'ability block' or 'offense down' or some other ability that 25% of toons have.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I think they can risk being more aggressive with them. Only 3 playable characters even have them, all are bounty hunters, and only Greedo and now Dengar are good characters (Zam is ok at best).

It's not like they are changing 'ability block' or 'offense down' or some other ability that 25% of toons have.

I would argue the opposite way. If they push them too far, it could push the meta to a small restricted set. People would invest in very specific toons, then they would "have to" nerf them....that's a bad approach, IMO.
  • GOWLIKEABOSS
    157 posts Member
    edited April 2018

I would argue the opposite way. If they push them too far, it could push the meta to a small restricted set. People would invest in very specific toons, then they would "have to" nerf them....that's a bad approach, IMO.

All BH are f2p. The current meta is only mostly f2p. Even if it did push the meta, it wouldn't be bad.

More importantly, I don't think most people want thermal detonators to take 50% health per detonator. But consider: deathmark takes 50% health. I use DT in my non-zeta arena team and he's fabulous. But he's not meta.

I think most people just want thermal detonators to actually work. Either be undispellable, blow up upon dispel, be irresistible, or something. As of now, bounty hunters are blocked from their full potential because you need so much potency for detonators to be even remotely reliable. My BHs all have like 80% potency from mods, and their detonators only stick about 2/3 of the time. Crazy.

Edit: [and if they DO stick, they're way too easy to get rid of, and if they manage to stay long enough to blow, they don't do that much damage.

As of now, thermal detonators are
    (1) Very Hard to apply
    (2) Very easy to get rid of once applied, and
    (3) Don't do much damage if applied and not cleansed.

At least one of those things needs to change. Two would make BH a strong team again. Three would make them meta and is, imo, too far].
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

All BH are f2p. The current meta is only mostly f2p. Even if it did push the meta, it wouldn't be bad.

More importantly, I don't think most people want thermal detonators to take 50% health per detonator. But consider: deathmark takes 50% health. I use DT in my non-zeta arena team and he's fabulous. But he's not meta.

I think most people just want thermal detonators to actually work. Either be undispellable, blow up upon dispel, be irresistible, or something. As of now, bounty hunters are blocked from their full potential because you need so much potency for detonators to be even remotely reliable. My BHs all have like 80% potency from mods, and their detonators only stick about 2/3 of the time. Crazy.

Push the mega, yes, I have no issue. The concern is about focusing or restricting the meta.

I agree, they need more work, I just dont expect them do jump in with both feet. I think the 1 turn detonate is a toe in the water, but I'm not expecting them to jump in from there. So we should just keep the ideas flowing and see what road they take. I think the community has its 3 points of contention with the current system and hope they take us up on at least 1....then another.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Push the mega, yes, I have no issue. The concern is about focusing or restricting the meta.

I agree, they need more work, I just dont expect them do jump in with both feet. I think the 1 turn detonate is a toe in the water, but I'm not expecting them to jump in from there. So we should just keep the ideas flowing and see what road they take. I think the community has its 3 points of contention with the current system and hope they take us up on at least 1....then another.

I agree. I was too slow editing my post lol. I think this is the best blueprint:

(1) Very Hard to apply

Two of these should be changed. Three is too much, one is nice but not enough. Greedo's faster detonators improved on #2 - faster explosion makes it slightly harder to cleanse. But since Chaze is still very strong and the "low-tier meta" that's no problem for Chirruit who will cleanse everyone else after his blows up.

I think the best solution would be this

(1) Cannot be resisted
    (2) Explode upon dispel
    (3) Same damage

They could still be evaded, and if they chose to go "cannot be resisted except by raid bosses" a-la Greedo, the rolling tenacity of the raid bosses ensures they must be applied shortly after an enemy to turn to stick.

Imo the damage is fine atm, but only if they were more reliable.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I agree. I was too slow editing my post lol. I think this is the best blueprint:

(1) Very Hard to apply

Two of these should be changed. Three is too much, one is nice but not enough. Greedo's faster detonators improved on #2 - faster explosion makes it slightly harder to cleanse. But since Chaze is still very strong and the "low-tier meta" that's no problem for Chirruit who will cleanse everyone else after his blows up.

I think the best solution would be this

(1) Cannot be resisted
    (2) Explode upon dispel
    (3) Same damage

They could still be evaded, and if they chose to go "cannot be resisted except by raid bosses" a-la Greedo, the rolling tenacity of the raid bosses ensures they must be applied shortly after an enemy to turn to stick.

Imo the damage is fine atm, but only if they were more reliable.

Agree,

I would also accept that if dispelled they did less damage, if they moved all TDs to 1 turn explode. But I dont think this would be a necessity.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    People forget about Nute, for reasons I do understand... But his bomb was always heavy hitting as well, and his splash damage was really quite useful.

I'd like to see that on all TDs, frankly. It feels like a good mechanic and it just fits with the notion of explosives. It gives the Hunters a little more AoE as well.

Maybe you can't leave it at 50/60% if you make it standard for all Detonators, but maybe you can. It's not THAT much damage even factoring in rolling Zam, and they are still limited by CDs.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    People forget about Nute, for reasons I do understand... But his bomb was always heavy hitting as well, and his splash damage was really quite useful.

I'd like to see that on all TDs, frankly. It feels like a good mechanic and it just fits with the notion of explosives. It gives the Hunters a little more AoE as well.

Maybe you can't leave it at 50/60% if you make it standard for all Detonators, but maybe you can. It's not THAT much damage even factoring in rolling Zam, and they are still limited by CDs.

First rule of swgoh is we dont mention or discuss nute. Second rule too....we have all learned our lesson.
  • Sadly, I agree with you.

But I'm still gonna be ready when the Separist rework hits... Eventually.

Nute is gonna be laughing stock no more!
  • People forget about Nute, for reasons I do understand... But his bomb was always heavy hitting as well, and his splash damage was really quite useful.

I think Splash damage was before I started playing, but I like this idea as well
  • It's still in effect on his character; it's just exclusive to him. 50/60% of bomb damage (Omega adds 10) splash damage to all enemy characters.

It's a terrific idea that should be on all bombs.
  • Jawas have dets too. And Dets feel likes ships: a cool implementation, a lot of possibility, synergies are almost there, but no follow through.

Sadly, with the amount of user generated hype over Jango... he is going to be Toon that makes unresistable, uncleansible dets. A monster of our own making. I'll be happy to repost this when they add him and two more republic era BH's (Embo, obviously, and likely Aura Sing) - he will be P2P. He's not a hero, and hype demands you need to $$ to use him early.

Semi-off subject - we haven't gotten anything fro the devs saying they worked on BH AI so they can accomplish the contract on defense, have we?
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Jawas have dets too. And Dets feel likes ships: a cool implementation, a lot of possibility, synergies are almost there, but no follow through.

Sadly, with the amount of user generated hype over Jango... he is going to be Toon that makes unresistable, uncleansible dets. A monster of our own making. I'll be happy to repost this when they add him and two more republic era BH's (Embo, obviously, and likely Aura Sing) - he will be P2P. He's not a hero, and hype demands you need to $$ to use him early.

Semi-off subject - we haven't gotten anything fro the devs saying they worked on BH AI so they can accomplish the contract on defense, have we?

I had forgotten about Jawas, good point. BHs would need only their dets to be irrestible I suppose.

I'm also expecting new BH and reworks for Zam and Cad Bane when they do clone wars. Jango will likely be added to, but he won't be a hero's journey. Likely just a marquee unlock behind the same paywall as everyone else.

As for AI, one of the devs mentioned in a gamechangers video that the AI waa being tweaked to be better on defense, but they'd still be a lot better on offense. Only thing I can think of to test that is toss them in galactic war and hit auto. Or make IG88 your defense leader.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jawas have dets too. And Dets feel likes ships: a cool implementation, a lot of possibility, synergies are almost there, but no follow through.

I had forgotten about Jawas, good point. BHs would need only their dets to be irrestible I suppose.

I'm also expecting new BH and reworks for Zam and Cad Bane when they do clone wars. Jango will likely be added to, but he won't be a hero's journey. Likely just a marquee unlock behind the same paywall as everyone else.

As for AI, one of the devs mentioned in a gamechangers video that the AI waa being tweaked to be better on defense, but they'd still be a lot better on offense. Only thing I can think of to test that is toss them in galactic war and hit auto. Or make IG88 your defense leader.

I believe that was only in 3v3 ships, not a general statement