Any word on ships 2.0 / chat revamp / may calendar/ new movie toons???

Prev1
The world is inpatiently waiting...

Replies

• Time frames?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    any word?

the word is probably "soon".

probably get the may calendar first and thats about it as far as a release timeline on any of that.
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    No / No / No / No
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • New movie toons probably won't be til at nearest the 25th or going into June lol
  • Soon tm... to bad it isn't copyrighted... lot of $$$ it was... i guess we'll impatiently wait then... ;)
  • Yes @scuba i know where the updates are posted... when was the question ;)
  • August
  • there will be no ships 2.0...
    the change from 5v5 to 3v3 and a few buffs if you are calling reinforcements is not a new version of ships^^ ... even if you would say ships version 1.0.0.1 it´s far too much^^
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Yes scuba i know where the updates are posted... when was the question ;)
    If it ain't in those places they are not ready to tell you yet. ;)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Well, they are giving us all three capital ship events in a row, that's no coincidence. Might mean we are getting ships 2.0 on May the 4th, or might mean something else entirely. Or nothing at all.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I can't remember--did ships debut on May 4 a couple years ago, or on the anniversary of the game's launch a couple years ago?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    I can't remember--did ships debut on May 4 a couple years ago, or on the anniversary of the game's launch a couple years ago?

November 2016
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/77803/game-update-11-21-2016
  • Jedi_Bane
    311 posts Member
    jedilord wrote: »
    there will be no ships 2.0...
    the change from 5v5 to 3v3 and a few buffs if you are calling reinforcements is not a new version of ships^^ ... even if you would say ships version 1.0.0.1 it´s far too much^^

I think fundamentally changing how combat works is a big enough change to warrant the 2.0 tag. Especially considering the current strategy will be more or less useless after the update
  • Perdogie
    130 posts Member
    jedilord wrote: »

Ship stats are being completely rebalanced, their abilities are being reworked, hardware slot is finally going to be utilized (reinforcement special), shortened battle timer, less useable ship slots, PvE table being added (ship missions)...
    It’s essentially getting a complete overhaul. 2.0 is right on the nose.

• CoolpantsMcghee
    74 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Release of all aforementioned content:
    August 32nd
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    JokeJudgeBot5.0 gives your effort a 2.3 out of 10.
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Two years later I don't care anymore. But just one small tiny teenie weenie update and the brown nosing will be epic. Bam. You are in an abusive relationship with CG pretty much and an enabler.
  • TVF wrote: »
    JokeJudgeBot5.0 gives your effort a 2.3 out of 10.

giphy.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Some time 2020 probably
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    Two years later I don't care anymore. But just one small tiny teenie weenie update and the brown nosing will be epic. Bam. You are in an abusive relationship with CG pretty much and an enabler.

I love how refusal to complain about every single change = brown nosing enabler.

I guess this is the internet though right?
  • MCThr33pio
    275 posts Member
    The new movie toons will start to appear when the movie releases, or soon after.

Ships and chat will happen when they happen. They're working on it, and that's the only deadline we can accurately guess. It was pretty daring of them to say that much, really, given how this community is.

And the May calendar is already out, but we've always known those are prone to being rearranged and special new events are almost never listed on them anyways. For instance, the event to earn Bossk isn't on this month's calendar post.

• Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    I’m actually more concern for newer ships and crew :)
  • DarthBugdrops
    133 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    and i who thougt ships was kinda ok fun, and quite simmilar to arena. it just lacks the diversity that is seen in the rest of the game. JKA should have a ship, and should be with Ahsoka on a possible "subclass" with plo koon f.ex. only fo got some ship synergy that i know of i havent really looked into much else. timeframe is a bit longer and, there really is a huge cap to lvl also ships and even chars that fit into it, most of my good fleet is the chars i use for everything else also. and im number crunched hard enough to keep up with mainteam to even consider leveling some of my lower tier pilots sadly. and i havent even maxxed out to my level the ships im using, i got one that is max level. rest is few levels behind. and capital ship is also a bit behind. maybe eventually i catch up but the sheer amount of ships and pilots at high level is a bit much i feel. its stupid that u need to level ships and chars cause i dont really have that much credits, and the ever increasing number of ships i will need 10 total at max level will take some time just getting them to my level lol. i feel the costs by credits and shipcredits should be a bit lower.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    and i who thougt ships was kinda ok fun, and quite simmilar to arena. it just lacks the diversity that is seen in the rest of the game. JKA should have a ship, and should be with Ahsoka on a possible "subclass" with plo koon f.ex. only fo got some ship synergy that i know of i havent really looked into much else. timeframe is a bit longer and, there really is a huge cap to lvl also ships and even chars that fit into it, most of my good fleet is the chars i use for everything else also. and im number crunched hard enough to keep up with mainteam to even consider leveling some of my lower tier pilots sadly. and i havent even maxxed out to my level the ships im using, i got one that is max level. rest is few levels behind. and capital ship is also a bit behind. maybe eventually i catch up but the sheer amount of ships and pilots at high level is a bit much i feel. its **** that u need to level ships and chars cause i dont really have that much credits, and the ever increasing number of ships i will need 10 total at max level will take some time just getting them to my level lol. i feel the costs by credits and shipcredits should be a bit lower.
    That’s the thing, ships suck so much because you actually don’t have to invest to heavily into them because they are worse RNG dependant than arena. So just play as usual and you can beat anyone with anything. Ships have become so lame it’s rather pathetic now. Everyone has caught up (never mind GIVING away shards for nothing) that its made any investment of time or money a joke. Things have taken so long to (not) roll out that it’s boring and repetitive. Weak sauce on top of a pile of kitten.
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    they should fix first of all crews and ships^^

why on earth are finn and rey pilots of the millenium flacon VII? they only started the falcon and fought a few minutes against some tie´s, but it always belonged to han... after they had introduced veteran han & chewie they should have added them at least as crew to it, or much better: replace finn and rey...
  • SithAmer
    227 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie

Hi,

Any hint on when will the big content and ships update come?

Best regards,
    Cough Cough
  • jedilord wrote: »

But aren't they adding a holotable just for ships that get their own unique energy?
This discussion has been closed.