bug with Paploos basic?

rokota
166 posts Member
I have him at 5* and G9 actually, and his description says he should do 1742 physical damage. My Chief Chirpa, also G9 and 5*, has just 1522 physical damage in description. In a battle Paploo does very small amount of damage, between 700 and 900, with crits maybe 1200, while Chirpa always stays over 3k?

Afaik both attack with their basics physically, why does Paploo a lot lesser damage than every other Ewok i have?
His special works fine with 4-5k so?

All of my Ewoks are Omega'd on every Ability.

Replies

• Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    Since when are physical damage and critical damage in the characters description actually what happens in battle ?

We could go through most characters in the game and find discrepancies like this lol.
  • Options
    Opponents have sane armor? Paolo have less armor penetration?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    There are many factors that go into how much damage a hit does.
    Opponents have same armor? Paolo have less armor penetration?

There is also a multiplier and variance among other factors that you can look at on swgoh.gg.
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    Options

I hit the same enemy with my Ewok squad, and Paploo and Chirpa have the same armor penetration if you can rely on the numbers in the description.

e.g. i attack in GW a level 70 luminara. Chirpa deals 4k damage with crit, Paploo only 1k with crit and luck. If i am using his special, he also deals 4k.

@Kyno

i will look at it but what sense has the description if the variance is so high? it makes it completely useless if you can't count on it?!
    1.7k physical, and he never reaches it, not even close and with 172% crit! On the other hand Chirpa should deal 1.5k, and hit for 4k+ all the time with just 150% crit? Looks a bit weired for me ;-)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    rokota wrote: »

I hit the same enemy with my Ewok squad, and Paploo and Chirpa have the same armor penetration if you can rely on the numbers in the description.

e.g. i attack in GW a level 70 luminara. Chirpa deals 4k damage with crit, Paploo only 1k with crit and luck. If i am using his special, he also deals 4k.

Kyno

i will look at it but what sense has the description if the variance is so high? it makes it completely useless if you can't count on it?!
    1.7k physical, and he never reaches it, not even close and with 172% crit! On the other hand Chirpa should deal 1.5k, and hit for 4k+ all the time with just 150% crit? Looks a bit weired for me ;-)

There are base stats and the "in battle effects" that create the damage each toon does. Any increase to the base stats will always help you do more damage. But you cannot make 2 toons equal attackers just by increasing and looking at the base stats.
  • Options
    Simple answer is that chirpa’s basic has much better damage modifiers than paploo. Chirpa’s basic has a 226.2% damage modifier while paploo has a 55.8% modifier
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    There are many factors that go into how much damage a hit does.
    Opponents have same armor? Paolo have less armor penetration?

There is also a multiplier and variance among other factors that you can look at on swgoh.gg.

I forgot about that!