Crit Damage Mod Challenge

Can I beat the crit damage mod event with 5* gear 8? I don't want to put a lot of effort into jawas, but I do want those crit damage mods. I have Datcha at 5* gear 3, Jawa at 4* gear 4, Chief Nebit at 3*gear 1, and Jawa Scavenger/Engineer not unlocked. I'm thinking it'll take about a month, depending on Engineer, but could they do it with decent mods, or am I doomed to 7* gear 9 a bunch of kleptomanic midget monks?

Also on a side not, are offence/tenacity mods worth it? I could easily get them, but I do not see them being any more useful then my current health mods, which are being replaced with crit chance and eventually crit damage.

Replies

• Why not? Jawas are cool man! I'm farming JE and the gang to seven stars! Look out droids I'm coming for ya!!
  • Ulic_24
    106 posts Member
    I farmed scav dathcha and nebit to 7*, the other two to 5*

Think I did it with them all around lvl 70/75, g8, some health mods and rank 3-5 on abilities. Rule of thumb was given was to aim for 8k power on each
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Forgot to mention I did switch my best mods to them. But you can do it with 6k and under Jawas.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Also on a side not, are offence/tenacity mods worth it? I could easily get them, but I do not see them being any more useful then my current health mods, which are being replaced with crit chance and eventually crit damage.

There are a few niche situations where they can be useful but its rare.

Generally tenacity mods work in some comps for sith raid phase 1. Offense mods on r2d2 work if for some reason you want to run a galactic republic team.
  • Ulic_24
    106 posts Member
    I ran offense mods on OG kylo and I knew some people who used to run them on RT before JTR came out. The only tenacity mods I use are ones from events with high speed secondaries but I have seen some people run them on super tanks (Baze/GK) but again very situational.
    TVF wrote: »

Phone cut off part of my sentence, that was the advice my old guild gave me and it worked in the end, but if you can do it with less go for it :P
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I use tenacity mods on exactly one toon - Magmatrooper, and just for P1 and P4 of STR.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I just did it, all gear 8 (one at 7). I had 3 at level 85. Dathcha was lead and maxed abilities. I found it to be...easier than I thought. I just got JE to five stars today. Now the long farming road is on! Good luck with it!