Forest Moon Mythic Tier [MERGE]

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    You know, there's probably some sort of team I could try that would get me through the Mythic phase, but it's so frustrating and terribly designed that I'm not even going to bother.

You know, i lost this event the first couple of times, and while i admit i can probably create a team to beat it, i dont want to, and am just gonna blame the devs for it instead.

I'm not gonna spend time doing something I do not enjoy because the devs don't know how to make something difficult without just giving your enemies 500+ speed.

This is a game, not a job; yet the Mythic tier feels like work.

I mean they could boost survivability (IPD bounty) or damage (Wampa Bounty)or Preloaded tm (Mythic evnets), or fancy abilities (STR) but no one really likes those either do they.

Damage is boosted in the regular forest moon and it's fine. Fancy abilities are also fine when done right. Basically every one of those approaches can be fine if done right, it's the "done right" part they have a problem with.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    lesismore wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    It's super easy with droids:
    5BOpXWX.png

Gear? Mods? You know, to get some actual information too...

OkqmhNJ.png

Yeah, great, but what gear were your droids and with what mods? This is the useful information for other players, so they can work on their squads accordingly.

R2 and BB8 are g12 with decent mods, rest g11 with ordinary mods, no strategy
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    It's super easy with droids:
    5BOpXWX.png

Gear? Mods? You know, to get some actual information too...

OkqmhNJ.png

Yeah, great, but what gear were your droids and with what mods? This is the useful information for other players, so they can work on their squads accordingly.

R2 and BB8 are g12 with decent mods, rest g11 with ordinary mods, no strategy

Thanks. I too seem to be getting better results with droids than with empire, just not quite there. I have been neglecting them since they fell out of the meta...
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    It was very easy with this team:
    R2 , 12 gear, 2 zetas,
    Bb 8, 11 gear, 2 zetas (one is a waste for this event)
    Ig-88, 11 gear
    HK-47 (lead), gear 10
    ST, gear 12, but he died at wave 6.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    My troopers completed the first 7 waves without problems, but the got destroyed in wave 8,so I switched to EP (L), Vader, Thrawn, Tarkin and Veers (I need 5 more shards to get my Shore to 7 stars :tongue:) Vader and Thrawn G12, the rest G11.
    Try to finish wave 7 at 100% TM, then fracture Logray (Or he will start spreading daze like crazy), kill elder, kill Wicket and finally kill the others.
    Completed it with 3 stars and full health /protection.
    Hope this helps! :)
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    It was very easy with this team:
    R2 , 12 gear, 2 zetas,
    Bb 8, 11 gear, 2 zetas (one is a waste for this event)
    Ig-88, 11 gear
    HK-47 (lead), gear 10
    ST, gear 12, but he died at wave 6.

All droids are much better, no one needs to die, not even lose protection
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Full G12 with Zeers on imperial troopers and i steamroll to last stage only to get widdled down by unstoppable Ewoks.....anyone beating this?

G12 no zeta thrawn lead, g12 ep no zeta, g12 no zeta vader, g12 zzR2 double zeta , g12 zbb8

hit auto aimed at ewok elder first and killed him then the rest, 3*'d. ewoks still hit like flies. though bb8 still had to explode his green ish all over his mates twice. 1st attempt and won. enjoying my double zeta mat prize. true story.
  • Really cool- well done and thanks for sharing!
  • Really cool- well done and thanks for sharing!

:D
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    If you have tarkin the damage increase for his aoe stacks between phases in assault battles. If you dont use his aoe for 7 phases it becomes a nuke in phase 8.

For me it left the entire team with no protection and the generic guys with low health.

Kill elder then the generics and its 5 on 3. Fracture logray to end daze and you are sailing.
  • Westvleteren12
    62 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Did it first try with the team below. It was intense but a very satisfying challenge.
    zzEP Lead, G12, 216 spd
    Vader, G12, 227 spd
    zThrawn, G11, 243 spd
    Death trooper, G10 (died late in last round), 118 spd
    zR2, G11 (died early in last round), 219 spd

Use rounds prior to 8 (esp round 4 because Teebo takes a long time to kill) to get everyone to full protection with Thrawn. Last round try to keep Chirpa and Elder fractured, stunned or ability blocked, keep shock on Paploo. Use Thrawn to manage protection and stun when someone is ability blocked. Killed Paploo then EE, Scout, Wicket, Chirpa, Logray.
    Post edited by Westvleteren12 on
  • Completed it first attempt hk lead both igs r2 and bb8
  • Did it with zzep,zthrawn,zvader,dt,shore all g12. very slow going on tier 8 but just kept shore alive and with prot.
  • Full G12 with Zeers on imperial troopers and i steamroll to last stage only to get widdled down by unstoppable Ewoks.....anyone beating this?

zzPalp(l) all g12 on auto
    zzVader
    GMT
    TFP
    zThrawn.

• EP
    Vader
    Thrawn
    DT
    BB8
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    You know, i lost this event the first couple of times, and while i admit i can probably create a team to beat it, i dont want to...

That's how the game works.

You can't do everything, particularly if you're f2p. It's impossible. You're meant to get frustrated - and then spend money.

More sensible to pick and choose your goals. I really, really want JTR. So need BB8. Every resource I have right now is going on getting BB8. Shiny things that whizz by and intend to distract me like this Ewok thing, and the Bounty Hunter thing...I'm not interested. Focus on goal.

• I normally run my Troopers team which includes. G12 zVeers (L), G12 zStarck, G12 zDeathtrooper, G12 Snowtrooper, and G12 Stormtrooper. They steamrolled all the way to round 8 where they got slowly dismantled by the fastest Ewok team of all time.

So I changed my strategy and used G12 zzVader (L), G12 zzPalpatine, G12 zzThrawn, G12 zKrennic, and G12 zDeathtrooper. Leading up to the final round was tougher as those Ewoks pack a punch. But on round 8, I timed it so that Vader got his force crush off first. Then you can sit back and watch the DOTs eat through them.
  • Shaeis
    182 posts Member
    Succeed on first try with Palpatine Leader g11, Vador G10, Thrawn g12, zbb8 g12, zzR2 g12 with good mod for Thrawn bb8 and r2 and ok mod for Vador & Palpatine.

Speed :
    164 for Palpatine
    168 for Vador
    241 for Thrawn
    245 for bb8
    232 for r2

It was quite easy, less rng dependant than the previous tier.

Don't hesitate to temporise with r2 stun when only one enemi is alive and do the Defend special to load up Illuminated Destiny and recharge protection with Thrawn.
    Make sure you start the last phase with Illuminated Destiny ready
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Finally did it with EzPz G12, zzVader G12, zThrawn G12, Tarkin G9 and BB8 G9. With Tarkin's offense down, they basically have no damage plus he provides more debuffs to fuel EP lead.
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    You know, i lost this event the first couple of times, and while i admit i can probably create a team to beat it, i dont want to...

That's how the game works.

You can't do everything, particularly if you're f2p. It's impossible. You're meant to get frustrated - and then spend money.

More sensible to pick and choose your goals. I really, really want JTR. So need BB8. Every resource I have right now is going on getting BB8. Shiny things that whizz by and intend to distract me like this Ewok thing, and the Bounty Hunter thing...I'm not interested. Focus on goal.

@CoastalJames I was being sarcastic/ironic/i m not really sure but i wasnt serious
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    What's the killing order for wave 8? My droids only kill elder and Paploo before getting wiped out by the number of attacks the ewoks can pull out.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    lmao, here we go again.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    I beat it with palp,Vader BB8,DT,Thrawn first attempt. All G12
  • Globuhl wrote: »
    What's the killing order for wave 8? My droids only kill elder and Paploo before getting wiped out by the number of attacks the ewoks can pull out.
    Elder first of course, use AOE to ability block Paploo and others, you can kill some of them before they strike
  • FerLandrossa
    198 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Globuhl wrote: »
    I found the same issue. Focus on elder, logray casts his AoE daze and its over. Focus on logray, waste of time as elder regens him.

The key for me was dropping ig86 for thrawn.

That helps get your droids there with more protection due to thrawn's special.
    Thrawn fractures logray, no daze, droids can wipe the rest of the ewoks out easily.

(Running HK47 lead, bb8, r2, ig88 and thrawn)
  • Super troopers are fun as well
  • Speedokillz
    575 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I beat it with HK-47(G9), zzR2 (G12), K-2SO (G11), zzBB-8 (G12), and Chopper (G12). 1st try on auto.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Rui99
    43 posts Member
    Can we just have the event start on wave 8 please because the 1st 7 waves don’t matter as I reach wave 8 with full HP and full protection. Then I can’t kill a single murder bear because they get 3-4 turns each before I get 1 turn then 3-4 turns each again before my 2nd unit gets to go.
  • Troopers just can't get rolling in 8/8. Tried zVeers zStarck Shore Snow DT.

Switched to zEP, DV, zThrawn, zTarkin, Shore and did it first try with everyone left standing tall.

Fracture Paploo, burn down Elder, then it's on.
  • This was an easy autoplay with g12 Palp lead, vader, krennic, death tropper and tarkin.
    Remember death mark stops the revives