Forest Moon Mythic Tier [MERGE]

Replies

• I used zeta ep Vader thrawn and bb8 and r2 and beat it 1st try
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    So lemme get this straight - teams with zetas and the majority of characters at at least gear 11 seem to do really well in this event?

I mean it's like there's some kind of correlation between zetas, high gear and the likelihood of success isn't there?

Odd. Anyone else noticed that?

Well, not really. Or at least not completely. What did the trick for me was Tarkin and BB8, both G9 no zeta, accompanying my G12 EP, Vader and Thrawn with zetas. Other compositions were hopeless.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    G12 EP, Vader and Thrawn with zetas.

See? There it is again! I'm onto something I'm sure of it...

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    G12 EP, Vader and Thrawn with zetas.

See? There it is again! I'm onto something I'm sure of it...

Yeah, but that's not the full story. But it didn't lower the chances for sure...
  • It’s a mythic event. It’s supposed to be hard. EP (lead), zVader, Thrawn, BB8 (2x zeta), R2 (2x zeta) got it done. EP and Vader are G11, others are 12. Mods are ok, but probably wouldn’t impress anyone.
    I think the forums might be filled with a bunch of whiners. The internet is supposed to be filled with hope and optimism and team work. (Skills test: part of this post is game-related and part is sarcasm. Good Luck!)
  • Flugsvamp
    180 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Hk47 lead G9, Ig88 G11, zzR2 G12, zBB8 G12 and g8 B2, only lost B2 on wave 8.
    Decent mods.

Tried Veers lead and would always be destroyed on last wave, cake walk til then.
    Tried zader with bb8, no dice

Be sure to save illuminate destiny so you can pop it of first in wave 8. Also ig88 aoe, helps greatly.
  • I didn't even struggle with zPalp (L) g12 +1, Vader g12, Thrawn g10, BB8 g11, R2 g10. 1 try, had protection on everyone at the end. Was fun, not too easy either.
    WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
    Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

Guild Collaboration Founder: Just Sithed Myself
    Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
    https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Beat it the first try on two different accounts with the same team.

zEP lead (g12)
    Vader (g12)
    Thrawn (g12)
    zVeers (g11)
    Snowtrooper (g11)

No tank needed. All offense and TM gain. Veers/Snowtrooper mow effortlessly through all the early phases so that you shouldn't take a scratch. Snow gives everyone some TM on every enemy defeat. You should enter the last phase with considerable TM advantage, and full health/Protection on everyone.

Then with ability block on basic for Vader and Snow, AoE ability block for Veers, AoE stun for EP, and fracture from Thrawn controling the enemy team is easy. You have plenty of damage output from Vader, and Snow. The enemies don't hit that hard, so you can heal up quite a bit from a variety of ways with that team.

Just be sure to prevent Logray from dazing you. Vader gives you huge TM jumps as long as you avoid that. I fractured him personally. Also put a shock on Paploo to prevent taunt. Or you could fracture him if you stun/ability block Logray. Then kill Elder first (no resurrections allowed) keep him controlled as you do. If he does get a cleanse off it will set you back, but with EP Zeta it means your whole team will have 100% TM, so it may not be the end of the world.

Enjoy.

Followed this squad and kill order and I won! Was much easier with this. Veers aoe with EP potency buff is great for spreading ability block, and of course Vader. I was trying Death trooper instead of Vader before, but Vader is so much more useful for control.
    With Logray fractured, no daze on my team, EP stun, Veers aoe ability block, and Vader debuffs, my guys were going all day instead of what happened before (ewoks were always attacking)
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Beat it first try

zzPalpatine g12
    Zader g12
    zThrawn g12
    DT g12
    Shore g11
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Knew there would be complaints today. Tier was very challenging. Tried with three team comps. zVeers and troopers got owned in round 8, so did zVader lead.
    sC3xPxd.png

But EP lead easily pulled it out. It's my arena team, except I use 5* Shore in arena, so they are very well modded.
    rdYKuCR.png

Hard? Yes. Impossible? No. It's good to have something to work towards.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    SeanutB wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Beat it the first try on two different accounts with the same team.

zEP lead (g12)
    Vader (g12)
    Thrawn (g12)
    zVeers (g11)
    Snowtrooper (g11)

No tank needed. All offense and TM gain. Veers/Snowtrooper mow effortlessly through all the early phases so that you shouldn't take a scratch. Snow gives everyone some TM on every enemy defeat. You should enter the last phase with considerable TM advantage, and full health/Protection on everyone.

Then with ability block on basic for Vader and Snow, AoE ability block for Veers, AoE stun for EP, and fracture from Thrawn controling the enemy team is easy. You have plenty of damage output from Vader, and Snow. The enemies don't hit that hard, so you can heal up quite a bit from a variety of ways with that team.

Just be sure to prevent Logray from dazing you. Vader gives you huge TM jumps as long as you avoid that. I fractured him personally. Also put a shock on Paploo to prevent taunt. Or you could fracture him if you stun/ability block Logray. Then kill Elder first (no resurrections allowed) keep him controlled as you do. If he does get a cleanse off it will set you back, but with EP Zeta it means your whole team will have 100% TM, so it may not be the end of the world.

Enjoy.

Followed this squad and kill order and I won! Was much easier with this. Veers aoe with EP potency buff is great for spreading ability block, and of course Vader. I was trying Death trooper instead of Vader before, but Vader is so much more useful for control.
    With Logray fractured, no daze on my team, EP stun, Veers aoe ability block, and Vader debuffs, my guys were going all day instead of what happened before (ewoks were always attacking)

I'm glad to be of help. It's not the only viable strategy, but it worked well for me.
  • Thought the addition of Wicket, Paploo, Logray was pretty slick.
    Just glad they did not revive after dropping Logray or something nuts like that.
  • Knew there would be complaints today. Tier was very challenging. Tried with three team comps. zVeers and troopers got owned in round 8, so did zVader lead.
    sC3xPxd.png

But EP lead easily pulled it out. It's my arena team, except I use 5* Shore in arena, so they are very well modded.
    rdYKuCR.png

Hard? Yes. Impossible? No. It's good to have something to work towards.

wWES05b.gif
  • Thought the addition of Wicket, Paploo, Logray was pretty slick.
    Just glad they did not revive after dropping Logray or something nuts like that.

Elder revived Logray and Wicket during my fight but still won
  • I think I have one of the lower-end squads to do it--just from skimming through this thread anyway--and it did take a couple tries (most of them restarts just because sometimes the scouts in 1/8 would nuke poor Tarkin or Palpatine before I had a chance to move). I eventually dropped Stormtrooper--he just wasn't adding enough to the team--for BB-8 and got it my second go through with BB-8 (the first I had to restart, so maybe it doesn't count). I saw 8/8 maybe four times?

Anyways, proofs:

qrlpoFJ.jpg

I only have Palpatine zeta'd, and he, Vader, and Thrawn are all G10; BB-8 is G9; Tarkin is G8. The first three all have my (lackluster) arena mods on them--Thrawn is only 233, Vader and Palpatine are in the 190's--and the other two have a random hodgepodge of mods on them (I haven't had lucky getting enough speed mods to get my raid team with BB-8 decked out yet).

Here's a link to my squad.

Anyways, strategically, make sure you'll be able to pop Illuminated Destiny within BB-8's first couple turns in 8/8--I popped it twice in 4/8 and was kind of kicking myself for using it the second time--and that you have one of your AoE debuffs ready and at near full turn meter as you go in, just so you'll be able to get the Papa Palp train really going. I had the most luck with fracturing Lorgray. Shock Paploo if you can, but if you've got ID popped or about to pop it isn't a big deal.
  • derKrampus
    17 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    So lemme get this straight - teams with zetas and the majority of characters at at least gear 11 seem to do really well in this event?

I mean it's like there's some kind of correlation between zetas, high gear and the likelihood of success isn't there?

Odd. Anyone else noticed that?

Yes, it might have something to do with:
    Strategy Tips:
    - This Mythic Tier is very, very difficult
    - Gear Level 12, 7 star characters, and Mods are highly recommended

That being said, you can do this with g11 Droids or g11 Empire if you have the right teams
    I did it first try with g12 Zader, g12 zTarkin, g12 Thrawn, g11 TFP and g9(!) RG

it's nice to actually have a challenge for us who invested in Empire, not to mention the event was incredibly fun for me personally :)
  • Zzader (L) g12
    Zzpalp g12
    Thrawn g12
    Deathtrooper g11
    Snowtrooper g10

I found the zader perma dots caused the ewoks to just kill themselves in the last tier in those million turns they take between yours
  • lawyer1333
    21 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I completed it with g10 Vader lead(no zeta) g12 tarkin no zeta g12 thrawn ebb and flow r2 number crunch and bb8 no zeta

"Mythic tiers are for people who dont want participation trophies"
  • Full G12 with Zeers on imperial troopers and i steamroll to last stage only to get widdled down by unstoppable Ewoks.....anyone beating this?

Troopers are bad here cause of daze. You really need the classic imps. Zader would work as well. I had no issues with the event on my 900k gp alt (ran zep, vader, thrawn, chopper and tfp ranging from g9-g11) so i dont understand why others are having problems.
  • 3 starred Mythic Tier after 7 attempts w/ some low ranked toons. After killing both elders on stage 4, I used basic abilities until I got everyone back to full health and protection using Thrawn's Grand Admiral's Command and the Shield buff. From 5-7 I really didn't take much damage. I just killed Scouts first after stunning Elders, killing the Warriors last. On stage 8, I Fractured and killed Logray first to prevent dispells, turn meter gain and daze, then took out the Elder. The rest was easy.

Lead G11 ZEP (1 zeta)
    G12 Zader (1 zeta)
    G10 R2-D2 (1 zeta)
    G9 GMT
    G8 Thrawn
  • i beat it with G12 zVeers(L), g12 Deathtrooper, g11 Snowtrooper, g12 Starck, and g12 zThrawn

For wave 4 i fractured teebo and killed him last, for wave 8 i fractured logray, and never went below 100% health, just aoe as much as possible while also focusing Elder.
  • Done it 3*.
    Team:
    zEp (7* G12),zzVader (7*G12),zzGat (7*G12),zzTarkin (7*G12), Shoretrooper (7* G12).
    No auto fight.
  • Getting to level 8 and then just smashed. The murder bear love runs deep with the person who designed the “mythic”. Tried various leads with Palp, Vader, Thrawn and Tarkin for speed boost. Ewoks focus my R2, Chopper, or B.B.-8 by round 5 droids are dead. Round 4 is no big deal kill the knuckle heads and spend a few minutes denying Teebo turn meter. It’s the ultra speed on phase 8 and the successive 23k hits Ewoks get.

Grats for those completing it with your undergeared toons. If it’s true
  • Tried it again using Vader lead, Palp, R2, Thrawn and BB-8. It’s simply preloaded turn meter and too much damage output by Ewoks. I made it to phase 6 with this set up. Got to Teebo, killed the 2 heals, then used Thrawn’s ebb and flow to put protection back on all my characters before Teebo died. Level 5 the murder bears 1 shot BB-8, Thrawn and Palp with 48k crits. Vader and R2 survived to level 6 and outcome was expected. They died, but I tried at least. Feels too RNG dependent, also not a fan of the murder bears dropping ability blocks and resisting debuffs and stun when characters are rocking 95% potency. All that for a single omega once the Zeta first win is over.
  • ...also not a fan of the murder bears dropping ability blocks and resisting debuffs and stun when characters are rocking 95% potency...

Also not a fan of the murder bears slaughtering some of the most powerful, evil and brutal Sith Lords of the Galaxy.

Seems a bit silly.

• Ace5
    134 posts Member
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    OK, I managed to finish it with three stars.

zzEP lead, zzThrawn, zVader, Tarkin, Shore.

Fracture Paploo, kill Elder, then everybody else. Tarkin’s debuffs were key after trying other teams.

I also got wiped multiple times until I tried the strategy above and was able to 3 Star it. Use thrawn to restore protection on shore
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    ...also not a fan of the murder bears dropping ability blocks and resisting debuffs and stun when characters are rocking 95% potency...

Also not a fan of the murder bears slaughtering some of the most powerful, evil and brutal Sith Lords of the Galaxy.

Seems a bit silly.

Tarkin's debuffs bring their sticks and stones a bit more in line with what one could expect, though.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Feels too RNG dependent...

This event definitely required strong characters, but the RNG in it is nothing compared to trying to time the defense ability against the HSR Nihilus annihilate ability when he gets random 3rd turns, or the Thrawn mythic where Phoenix could kill g12 toons with a dozen moves before you got your first one even with 300 speed characters.

There are multiple viable strategies in this thread. What characters do you have at your disposal, and at what level?
  • Both my self and a a guild mate have beaten it both with full g12 squads zeta palp lead Vader TFP Thrawn and a 5th I used shore he used R2.

Other than fact it took forever it wasn't too bad I even messed up because I killed chirpa and wicket before I killed elder and when I killed elder I had to kill them again because he revives everyone on death without taking a turn.

I opted to fracture elder and shock paploo, the aoe daze from logray proved more of a pain than anything because it stalled my tm gain.