Forest Moon Mythic Tier [MERGE]

Replies

• Joost
    233 posts Member
    I beat it prettt easily with Zader, Palps, Thrawn, Death Trooper and Tarkin.

Zader palps and thrawn are g12 and fully zetaed but Tarkin and DT are g10 and not zetaed
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    It still requires strategy and the right team especially if you just barely scrape by on level/gear requirements.

I found Snowtrooper to be the key on the low levels the first time I beat them when I barely had the units needed.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Quite disappointed in the recurring reward for this one...

all the more reason not to get worked up about not being able to clear it, or it not being fun.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Glad to see this thread has gone from rants and whining to productive discussion and lots of good ideas on how to beat it. I guess we'll at meet back on Friday, same place, different thread, for the Rebel Roundup event?
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »
    Glad to see this thread has gone from rants and whining to productive discussion and lots of good ideas on how to beat it. I guess we'll at meet back on Friday, same place, different thread, for the Rebel Roundup event?

i hope so, if not the event was way too easy ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Here is today's successful (again) attempt. https://youtu.be/FalcF9qWyIo

My toons: https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/collection/
    WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
    Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

Guild Collaboration Founder: Just Sithed Myself
    Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
    https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/
  • EP, Vader, thrawn, bb8 and r2 works super well haven't failed with it
  • jstehly
    108 posts Member
    I thought that the Mythic Tier was really fun. I three star'ed it with G12 Vader (L), G12 Thrawn, G12 Death Trooper, G11 Krennic, and G10 BB-8. I have zetas on Vader's unique, Thrawn's unique, and Death Trooper. All speed are around 200.

I used Thrawn to regenerate protection as much as possible and whenever the last Ewok on each stage wasn't a Scout or Warrior I would boost the defense to gain health. The defense buff also persists to the next round.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    TWD_Negan wrote: »
    I need to gripe about the mythic tier rewards. Are you telling me that upon repeat completion, you ONLY get 2 Omega mats? For THE hardest tier of an assault battle? Where's my well earned Ewok shards, the one thing these events are supposed to give out he whazzo? Credits? Gear? If you wanted to stick with ability materials as rewards, can I at least get purple mats? You can't possibly justify 2 Omega mats for the price of a mythic.

The point of the Mythics is to reward people who invested in these teams without making the richer richer and the poor poorer. It's like how the reward in each other tier of the event are the same as the rewards for the first one--your reward for having a strong team isn't BETTER rewards, it's MORE rewards. People who can't do the Mythic tier will be frustrated that they can't do it, but won't be falling behind. People who can beat it will get a useful reward (I need approximately 8 million omegas. At this point it's omegas that are the bottleneck, not zetas) but won't pull way ahead and force the event to become a Make Or Break.

This is good!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited April 2018

Oh, man, I'm going to lose Rebel Roundup so hard, it's not even going to be funny... Bounty Hunters and Troopers have been on my back burner since forever. Time to pre-write my "This event is ridiculous how dare you steal my money for this game I don't pay any money for" thread and not my "Maybe I should bring my guys up to g8" thread.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Players - We need more zetas and omegas!
    Devs - Here's two and four!
    Players - Rewards suck!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

Oh, man, I'm going to lose Rebel Roundup so hard, it's not even going to be funny... Bounty Hunters and Troopers have been on my back burner since forever. Time to pre-write my "This event is ridiculous how dare you steal my money for this game I don't pay any money for" thread and not my "Maybe I should bring my guys up to g8" thread.

FWIW and IIRC the rewards are basically just Phoenix and Rebel shards and blueprints.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I need to gripe about the mythic tier rewards. Are you telling me that upon repeat completion, you ONLY get 2 Omega mats? For THE hardest tier of an assault battle? Where's my well earned Ewok shards, the one thing these events are supposed to give out he whazzo? Credits? Gear? If you wanted to stick with ability materials as rewards, can I at least get purple mats? You can't possibly justify 2 Omega mats for the price of a mythic.

The point of the Mythics is to reward people who invested in these teams without making the richer richer and the poor poorer. It's like how the reward in each other tier of the event are the same as the rewards for the first one--your reward for having a strong team isn't BETTER rewards, it's MORE rewards. People who can't do the Mythic tier will be frustrated that they can't do it, but won't be falling behind. People who can beat it will get a useful reward (I need approximately 8 million omegas. At this point it's omegas that are the bottleneck, not zetas) but won't pull way ahead and force the event to become a Make Or Break.

This is good!

Yeah, great, but this doesn't explain why the reward for the mythic (on second+ run) is actually worse than for other tiers. Omegas are not that hard to come by, and the mythic events are infinitely harder than omega battles. I think that nobody here cries for getting the two zetas every time or something like that, but throwing in the same amount of random Ewok shards as in other tiers sure wouldn't make anyone fall behind.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Omegas are not that hard to come by

One of many relevant threads.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/166223/zeta-materials-for-end-game-players/p1
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Nice to see there are a variety of combos that seem to work (though BB-8 seems to be the linchpin). The team I settled on was Veers lead, snow, death, Thrawn and BB-8. Strategy for last round was fracture Paploo, then once someone is dead deathmark whomever else. Illuminated Destiny is great to cleanse the daze as well as the other benefits.

I actually really liked this one. It took me a couple of tries, but in the end it was team comp and strategy that won out, and not just rng like we've seen with some other tough events. So job well done on this one.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Nice to see there are a variety of combos that seem to work (though BB-8 seems to be the linchpin)

Lots and lots of teams in here without BB-8.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Omegas are not that hard to come by

One of many relevant threads.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/166223/zeta-materials-for-end-game-players/p1

Dunno, never had a pressing problem with omegas (well, except maybe in long-distant past). The inflow always seems to compensate the expenses without any dedicated farming if I am a bit picky about who gets them. Of course, if I wanted to omega every ability possible, I would run out fast. Anyway, it doesn't change the fact that two omegas from a mythic event are a ridiculously low reward.
  • I’ll take the omegas. I feel like it’s a sin to buy omegas in fleet so I never do. One a day is great but I feel the crunch. ESP with Bh new contracts too.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Anyway, it doesn't change the fact that two omegas from a mythic event are a ridiculously low reward.

Yesterday it took me a bunch of tries until I figured out the right team. Today I used that team and beat it right away. I'll take two omegas for 2 minutes of play anytime.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

FWIW and IIRC the rewards are basically just Phoenix and Rebel shards and blueprints.
    All farmable Rebels, but no "special acquisition" Rebels--Rebel Officer Leia, R2, Luke, etc. But the farmable Rebels include Captain Han, which I've only got at 5*, and Scariff Rebel Pathfinder which for some reason I never got around to farming yet still have at 6* :P So I'll possibly get some useful stuff out of it.

And if I don't? Meh. It's fine. As we've most of us being saying, myself included, it's not reasonable to expect to beat everything on the first go-around--and even if you don't, the rewards won't make or break your game. It's a way of rewarding folks who already have made the investment, or who want to make that investment for whatever reason (maybe they just really, really like Bounty Hunters and Troopers!) but need a little more incentive.

This is good!

Yeah, great, but this doesn't explain why the reward for the mythic (on second+ run) is actually worse than for other tiers. Omegas are not that hard to come by, and the mythic events are infinitely harder than omega battles. I think that nobody here cries for getting the two zetas every time or something like that, but throwing in the same amount of random Ewok shards as in other tiers sure wouldn't make anyone fall behind.
    Ewok shards? Probably not. True. But there are more Assault Battles than just Forest Moon, and eventually they'll all have mythics and that sets the precident that they'll all give shards. Then Mythic Tiers don't become bonuses, but become mandatory. You either beat them and get those extra Darth Nihilus (or whoever) shards and flex over the folks who can't, or you get beat because you aren't advancing fast enough as a new player. I practically guarantee none of it would matter for most of us on the forum because we've been playing so long we have almost every character already, but for new players it becomes another obstacle in their way.

Omegas aren't hard to come by, but they're slooooooow to come by. One a day? Eight or nine a week if you're lucky? Considering how many you need for how many characters there are and how many more you need for zetas, an extra 4 per week from being able to do a mythic twice is a huge boost. That's over a 50% increase in speed. That's huge.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

All farmable Rebels, but no "special acquisition" Rebels--Rebel Officer Leia, R2, Luke, etc. But the farmable Rebels include Captain Han, which I've only got at 5*, and Scariff Rebel Pathfinder which for some reason I never got around to farming yet still have at 6* :P So I'll possibly get some useful stuff out of it.

And if I don't? Meh. It's fine. As we've most of us being saying, myself included, it's not reasonable to expect to beat everything on the first go-around--and even if you don't, the rewards won't make or break your game. It's a way of rewarding folks who already have made the investment, or who want to make that investment for whatever reason (maybe they just really, really like Bounty Hunters and Troopers!) but need a little more incentive.

This is good!

Ewok shards? Probably not. True. But there are more Assault Battles than just Forest Moon, and eventually they'll all have mythics and that sets the precident that they'll all give shards. Then Mythic Tiers don't become bonuses, but become mandatory. You either beat them and get those extra Darth Nihilus (or whoever) shards and flex over the folks who can't, or you get beat because you aren't advancing fast enough as a new player. I practically guarantee none of it would matter for most of us on the forum because we've been playing so long we have almost every character already, but for new players it becomes another obstacle in their way.
    That logic doesn't hold. Nobody asks for special, hard to get, game-changing characters, just the same random shards as from other tiers. Of course, if it was guaranteed, desired shards, you would be completely right, but especially with the random outcome, I don't think it would cause any problem. Or do you feel that all ABs are mandatory for the same reason?
  • I would do the event both times for 0 rewards. Mythics are about the challenge, not the prizes.
  • Beat it again today with the same team I used yesterday; seems pretty easy once you have it figured out. I do have to agree that just two omegas seems a little low-balled, but isn't bad for the 5 minutes or so it takes; it doesn't even have to be zetas, a couple gear pieces like the other tiers award,or credits/ship credits wouldn't be amiss.

I'm going to have to miss out on that one. My hunters might all be level 75 and G8 (and might have the slightest chance of beating the first tier) but I haven't gotten around to raising their star rating just yet. My Troopers have more or less the opposite problem, stars (all of them except Snow, Shore and Death are seven starred), but are all low level and in G4-G6 (I am in the process of raising both their levels and abilities up; gear will have to wait till I finish getting my raid team to G10).

• Barely got touched with palp lead, Vader, TFP, thrawn, DT. Don't know what all the fuss is about.
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Thanks for the posts with successful teams. Used ShT this time and got it. Palp, Vader, Thrawn ShT, B.B.-8. on Teebo used Thrawn and Shield buff to refresh everyone’s protection and health. ID was a huge benefit.
  • Ran troopers yesterday, zVeers zStarck magma snow and storm, no issue , and before kill order ideas, today ran hk lead 88 86 r2 And bb8 , worked like a charm also, droids g11 btw ,
  • Beat it with:
    EP L g11
    Thrawn g12
    zBB8 g12
    zR2 g12
    K2 g11

Key was to focus attacks on K2 and always use thrawn to regenerate protection. Use of the event ability was also very important.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Progress of a sort, I can now get to the final battle, then it's whack a mole. LOL Just saying, I was stuck at 4/8 now I get to 8/8 and then get overwhelmed. My tactic change is using Thrawn's protection heal every time it's available.