Forest Moon Mythic Tier [MERGE]

Replies

• Was it just me or did the teebo in p4 have literally no speed whatsoever? I fractured him but dudes tm never moved a bit. Haha
  • If you're having trouble I'll just assume you don't have EP zeta Vader and or Thrawn. I three veers and DT in with addmitedly good/great mods on all of them but have no problems at all. Don't lose protection on anyone.

I think today I fractured paploo or whatever his name is instead of logray so that **** he got daze off on me but still..... Beat em easy.

I guess what I'm getting at here is if you can't beat it your dudes aren't ready to beat it and that's just how it goes. I have been playing a long time and that **** separatist event still gives me fits because I never bothered to build a Zinn res squad. If they make a mythic on that one I'm likely in trouble!
  • I mananged to get to the last phase with Hk-47 G7, BB8 g11 2 zetas, R2D2 g10 2 zetas, chopper g9, but with only 3 character alive and I could not even attack there.
  • Iceih_SWG wrote: »
    I mananged to get to the last phase with Hk-47 G7, BB8 g11 2 zetas, R2D2 g10 2 zetas, chopper g9, but with only 3 character alive and I could not even attack there.

Who does damage on that team?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    ReyCharles wrote: »
    Iceih_SWG wrote: »
    I mananged to get to the last phase with Hk-47 G7, BB8 g11 2 zetas, R2D2 g10 2 zetas, chopper g9, but with only 3 character alive and I could not even attack there.

The ewoks
    Badummmm...
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »

The ewoks
    Badummmm...

Lmao it's funny because it's true
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Was it just me or did the teebo in p4 have literally no speed whatsoever? I fractured him but dudes tm never moved a bit. Haha

I wondered about that too, so today I clicked on him since he had a locked ability. It says he will kill his target when he attacks, but he has extremely slow speed. Which explains why I lost Shore on that wave a few times yesterday for no apparent reason.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Was it just me or did the teebo in p4 have literally no speed whatsoever? I fractured him but dudes tm never moved a bit. Haha

Yeah, he moves like a glacier. In one match I killed him, but one of the Elders went before I could kill it and revived him. I still killed him a second time before he got a turn. That said, in one match I had an incredibly unlucky string of non-crits and eventually he took a turn and one-shotted one of my droids through full protection.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Most annoying Ewok - Logray or EE?
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Oh my goodness. I beat it today with my starting three the same (zEP lead, Thrawn, Vader), but I put Tarkin and BB8 in as 4, and 5. I tried the trick where you just do Tarkin basics all the way through, kill time in phase 4 to charge him up more, use Thrawn TM swap with Tarkin to get even more basics in, and use Illuminated Destiny right at the start of phase 8 before Tarkin drops his Death Star bomb. It flashed by fast, so I didn't see the numbers, but it definitely killed 4 of the Ewoks from full health/protection and left the rest in red or yellow health. That was hilarious. I highly recommend giving it a try.
  • ReyCharles wrote: »

Sorry I missed the 5th member: IG88. Anyway the team strategy is about attacking more times than heavy damage, most ewoks are squishy enough for them, the only real long battle was phase 4, it took more than 50 shoots to kill Teebo.
    Keep in mind that my team can 3 star the first tiers but can NOT succeed in the Mysthic.
  • Very hard fight, don't have Shore or Vader/EP zetas. Here's how I tackled it.

- BB8 was g8
    - Vader was g10
    - EP was g11
    - zThrawn and z2-z2 were g12. Only zetas, also only ones with solid mods as they are on my arena team.

Take the fight slow, leave round 4 with full health and shields from everyone via the event ability and Thrawn's cleanse. Easy to drag it out and top off.

Most irritating thing is losing the RNG war in round 5 to 7 and having EP or BB8 get one or two shot. BB8s foresight helps here.

Tried for awhile with TFP or DT or Tarkin, couldn't crack it. Didn't think BB8 would be good enough at g8. Learned my lesson, Illuminated Destiny for the win!

Round 1-7, gotta kill the scouts, then slow the fight way down and top off. Keep elders dead or CCed, but seriously kill the scouts to avoid someone getting popped.

Order in round 8: Fractured Paploo, killed Elder, killed Wicket, killed Scout, they had no meaningful damage left.

Use your AOEs liberally throughout and especially in round 8, need to keep the foresight down at the end.

Finally broke through!
    unknown.png

• Oorun
    40 posts Member
    1. attemp g 11 palp lead (zeta on lead) g11 vader g 12 thrawn g 11 tarkin g 11 tie passed 2 stars
    2. attemp g 11 palp lead (zeta on lead) g11 vader g 12 thrawn g 11 tarkin g 11 DT passed 3 stars
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    If you're having trouble I'll just assume you don't have EP zeta Vader and or Thrawn. I three veers and DT in with addmitedly good/great mods on all of them but have no problems at all. Don't lose protection on anyone.

I think today I fractured paploo or whatever his name is instead of logray so that **** he got daze off on me but still..... Beat em easy.

I guess what I'm getting at here is if you can't beat it your dudes aren't ready to beat it and that's just how it goes. I have been playing a long time and that **** separatist event still gives me fits because I never bothered to build a Zinn res squad. If they make a mythic on that one I'm likely in trouble!

They are not needed.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Fracture and Deathmark are the key.
  • Iceih_SWG
    301 posts Member
    edited April 2018

Sorry I missed the 5th member: IG88. Anyway the team strategy is about attacking more times than heavy damage, most ewoks are squishy enough for them, the only real long battle was phase 4, it took more than 50 shoots to kill Teebo.
    Keep in mind that my team can 3 star the first tiers but can NOT succeed in the Mysthic.

I finally succeeded with 3 stars using the droids team.
  • KueChael wrote: »
    Fracture and Deathmark are the key.

Wrong, neither are the key, an option yes, the key , no
  • Pob
    36 posts Member
    I loved this Mythic event. Nice challenge CG!
  • Came to brag cause I did indeed beat it, long live the Empire
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Beat it first try with EP Lead, Thrawn, DT, Vader, and Krennic, all G12 with zetas.
  • sying wrote: »
    The event is meant to be hard. It’s not impossible, as evident by all the people saying they can do it and countless more who don’t bother to respond. All anyone has to do is figure out how to utilize their roster to complete it and if they can’t, how to improve their roster for next time.

+1.

It literally says "this event is very, very hard. G12 and mods highly recommended"

Still, we have people whining about the event. Guess they expect free Zetas without working for anything.
  • It's hard but you can beat it..... I used ZZEP, ZZVader, ZThrawn, shore trooper, death trooper. I beat it with all 5 toons left both times.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    EzPz, Zzader, Thrawn, BB8, R2. No issues, no danger of losing a single toon. Last wave took some time. Just keep Paploo fractured and once Elder is down, they all topple pretty fast.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    I did it with:
    Vader leader G12 (zeta)
    Emperor G12 (omega)
    Thrawn G11 (omega)
    Tarkin G10 (omega)
    Shoretrooper G10 (omega)

It was more boring than hard, since for every turn of my characters (with 200+ speed) the teddy bears had two or three.
    Just needed to keep my team alive long enough for Vader's dots to work.
  • It was a nearly two-day-long experiment with team compositions, but finally I managed with this one:

Thrawn lead, G12, double zeta
    Veers, G12
    Tarkin, G10, zeta on unique
    Death Trooper, G12
    Snowtrooper, G11

You can see my Empire toons here: https://swgoh.gg/u/nicolejudge/collection/?f=empire

I tried with troopers, they died in the last round, my PaPalps doesn't have zeta on his leader, neither does Vader, so those teams failed miserably as well (PaPalps even got one-hit by an ewok scout doing 47k critical on phase 6...)

In the end this tactics helped:
    - build up Tarkin's aoe: always use his Intimidation Tactics when the cooldown's gone off, and only use his aoe in the last round, and only when it can kill elder or elder is already dead - as you won't gain anything with half the ewoks gone, elder's death will bring them back
    - use Snowy's aoe to clear ewoks quickly
    - Death's, Snowy's and Veers' protection will fill up due to offense up gain after every dead ewok, so these toons will probably enter phase 8 with max health and prot
    - Tarkin will lose protection though, so always (!!!) use Thrawn's Grand Admiral's Command on Tarkin: first, for the prot fill, second, so that his IT can be used as soon as possible
    - the phase with Teebo and the two Elders can be used to fill up lost protections and build Tarkin's aoe; Death's Deathmark can shorten that battle, but I rather did it slowly so I could use as much IT as possible
    - entering the last round is heavily dependent on rng, but ideally you should have tarkin going first, applying IT, and then Thrawn to facture
    - I factured Logray (the most left ewok, if I remember well): Paploo's taunt isn't much of a problem due to Death Trooper Grenade, daze however caused a lot of headache, so I choose Logray
    - when Tarkin landed his IT, I used Death Trooper Grenade to lengthen the cooldowns, which nearly gave me enough time to kill Elder, then I used Ultimate Firepower which killed it off
    - next one was Logray so that GAT could be used again, then I don't remember the exact order, but it was easier after this

The key was Tarkin's devastating aoe, and the protection gain from Thrawn's leadership and Veers' unique.
    This way I earned three stars. I hope it helps someone.
    Why can't an AT-AT go straight? Because General Veers.
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • I went with zzader lead. The never ending dots on the Ewoks on the last wave was key. They killed themselves after a while and each time they lost the dots Vader regained health. Other toons were shire thrawn r2 and bb8 - one zeta on each.

Even then I had to run it a few times. But that’s why it’s a mythic event...not supposed to be easy. And I think most that have cleared it have had about 5+ zeta toons on it.

At least half my guild cleared it, so it’s far from impossible.
  • Key Toon is bb8 for mytic event.
    Most of your guild used
    Ep lead, bb8 and 3 x aoe Toons
    Other
    Hk lead, bb8
    Good event, good rewards. Was fun!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I beat it fairly easily with an all g12 team made up of
    zPalp lead, Vader, TFP, Shore and Thrawn.

Every chance Thrawn gets, he uses his special on Shore.

As many have said, good event with solid rewards. I enjoyed it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I am german, therefore my english is not the best.
  • BlackIrish
    114 posts Member
    edited April 2018

Vader Lead might work well as it’s such a long battle?

Worked like a charm!

https://youtu.be/N8iK31tvVgM

Didn't shorten this battle any. Alhough, I got my 2nd run on Sunday down to about 10 minutes since I wiped out node 4 in first go around.