Curious about Star Wars? How passionate for it are you?

Argofett00
197 posts Member
edited March 2016
Star Wars is a great & fun sci-fi ride. Find out more at wookieepedia.com. It is the best & fastest way, I know of to get to know the characters we are fighting with if you don't have time to watch all there is that is Star Wars. Star Wars.com is good also but mostly for watching. I'm not an advertiser for either(I swear), I'm actually just a long time fan and Veteran gamer informing fellow fans(probably what you already know) of quick ways to get to know the Galaxy of Heroes, EA has wonderfully opened up for us all to war with. Knowledge is power, ladies & gentleman. Enjoy...
Post edited by Argofett00 on

Replies

• Yeah, I can understand. Most women I've dated after my divorce just dont get it. Thankfully my daughter does. Couldnt tell you how many times I hear them complaining about my pad. But its all good.
  • Used to work with a guy whose wife complained about him being on his pad gaming. He finally came to terms with her by pointing out that at least he was home and available if needed rather than out and about doing "whatever". She still fussed but only occasionally. Time, no matter how well spent, is always against us. Live, love, and game, my friend.
  • Oh when i said pad i meant my apartment :) its beyond mancave its a childs bedroom
  • For me starwars changed my childhood and I have never and will never stop loving it :p
  • I couldn't agree more!
  • Before this there was nothing to compare nothing at all like it and on a side note I just saw tfa for the first time and I loved it it was just brilliant it bought back so many memories of seeing a new hope for the first time when I was a kid fantastic trip down memory lane and a really good piece of work B)
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    My wife is more the SW fan than me. It's her series of OT movie posters we have up on the wall. <3
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Star Wars is a guilty indulgence for me. I've loved it since I was a kid & I try to watch everything there is, even if its fan films & not official "canon". I recommend "Kara" by Joe Sill on YouTube for an excellent example of good Star Wars fan films. Don't collect comics anymore(but read them as a kid) & basically like most people, I just enjoy a nice Star Wars "high" for lack of a better way of putting it. No matter where it comes from.

Obviously my own searches eventually led me here to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. Its like getting to have all your favorite Star Wars figures you love the most but now you can also fight with them for real which is cool about a million times over. I'm a long time Gamer, so if this game was not really good & fun I wouldn't be here. I think thats probably true for most of us, kids & adults alike.
  • Agreed
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Speaking of fan films, see if "Troops" is still out there somewhere if you haven't watched it. Was a great undertaking back in the old days.
  • warmonkey1024
    598 posts
    edited March 2016
    Money wise, I'm close to $30,000 invested in Star Wars collectibles (Not counting money I've spent on this game)
    IMG_4302.jpg
    IMG_4303.jpg
    IMG_4304.jpg

But Star Wars meant so much more to me than just money. Phantom Menace was the first movie I've ever watched in a theatre. I made the decision to move to US because I want more Star Wars. So yea, my love for the franchise will never be stopped! (Maybe with an empty wallet)
  • If it was based on eps 1-3 I wouldn't have followed it that much (if at all) but since I grew up with 4-6 I absolutely love it.
  • @warmonkey1024

Very cool collection! :)
  • @warmonkey1024

Very cool collection! :)

Thank you! It's a WIP, new display cases coming soon hopefully!
  • Argofett00
    197 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Impressive! MOST Impressive. Its nice to have a place to meet fellow fans who share our passion of Star Wars. My collection is mostly DVD's now but I still have a few keepsakes I treasure. I can only hope more fans show us their dedication(like yours). Its awesome. Brings back a lot of happy memories. Good times. Even still today...

Episode VII: TFA was indeed, a long awaited dream. I always have regretted that George refused to continue doing any more new Episodes himself. 1-3 had a lot of good stuff, I enjoyed the Clone Wars tremendously. 4-6 were the best tho & now I await 9-12. Plus the Young Han Solo & Boba Fett movies too. Things are heating up in a Galaxy far, far away.
    Post edited by Argofett00 on
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Real nice, Monkey!
  • Rolf wrote: »
    Real nice, Monkey!

Thank you!

Argofett00 wrote: »
    Impressive! MOST Impressive. Its nice to have a place to meet fellow fans who share our passion of Star Wars. My collection is mostly DVD's now but I still have a few keepsakes I treasure. I can only hope more fans show us their dedication(like yours). Its awesome. Brings back a lot of happy memories. Good times. Even still today...

Episode VII: TFA was indeed, a long awaited dream. I always have regretted that George refused to continue doing any more new Episodes himself. 1-3 had a lot of good stuff, I enjoyed the Clone Wars tremendously. 4-6 were the best tho & now I await 9-12. Plus the Young Han Solo & Boba Fett movies too. Things are heating up in a Galaxy far, far away.

Thank you! Always good to share my collection with others who enjoy them just as much as I do!
    I remember buying the original trilogy after I watched Phantom Menace in Hong Kong, so that might be the unaltered version that many fans are screaming for nowadays.

But I agree with you, Ep 1-3 are flawed, but there are so much good stuff in there that are being ignored. As an adult going back to episode 1-3, I loved the politics in the films and they gave me a deeper understanding and connection to the original trilogy characters. I would personally love to see George be more involved in Episode 9 or even future Star Wars films.
  • Argofett00
    197 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Disney & George apparently don't see eye to eye so we can only hope. Episodes 4-6 excited me to love sci-fi when I was a kid & had me practically craving the adventures of Han, Luke, & Leia. So ROJ was a nice end at the time but bittersweet. Then years later, Episodes 1-3 gave us back our Star Wars fix but had flaws for sure. But many great things also were mixed in & the Clone Wars were finally shown at last. Along with meeting Padme & and seeing the Senate as it was.

We got to see the Republic during its prime when Yoda & Obi Wan served & we got to witness the fall of democracy to corruption & how a black robed old man & an armored Sith cyborg came to be in charge, and ultimately fall giving the Galaxy redemption & the chosen one indeed restoring balance to the Force by the death of an Emperor. Now the Force has begun to re awaken again for a new generation & its original fans alike. It feels great to revisit a Galaxy far far away once again.
  • I'll set the scene; It's the year 2000. I'm 8 years old.

My mum has just recorded Episode 4, 5, 6 & 1 on TV each Saturday night for the past month and now I'm about to watch them. She hands me the ticket to A New Hope. She has drawn them by hand. It has my seat number, the time, price etc.

I get this first thing in the morning before school and I have to hang onto it all day or else I can't get into the movie theater (my lounge). So obviously I brag to everyone at school about how I'm seeing Star Wars tonight.

When I finally get home everything in my house has changed. The entire layout of the living room has shifted to make it look as much like a movie theatre as possible. There is a velvet rope where my mum is standing ready to take my ticket. When I sit down there are snacks and drinks.

Then the movie begins.

Then the next day I see Empire Strike Back.

Then the next day I see Return Of The Jedi.

Then the next day I see The Phantom Menace.

It is the best memory I have of my entire childhood and it's one I'll never forget.

So yes, Star Wars means a lot to me.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Truly, what a wonderful mother you must have! What a nice memory. Thanks for sharing that! Its really awesome to hear we all have similar stories of how much Star Wars meant to us when we were young or even now. Not all parents encourage such things, but Star Wars is so iconic and broad in who it appeals to. You just never know but its got enough going for it to appeal to young & older alike & even everyone in between. That's rare & a gift beyond measure indeed.
  • Argofett00 wrote: »
    Disney & George apparently don't see eye to eye so we can only hope. Episodes 4-6 excited me to love sci-fi when I was a kid & had me practically craving the adventures of Han, Luke, & Leia. So ROJ was a nice end at the time but bittersweet. Then years later, Episodes 1-3 gave us back our Star Wars fix but had flaws for sure. But many great things also were mixed in & the Clone Wars were finally shown at last. Along with meeting Padme & and seeing the Senate as it was.

We got to see the Republic during its prime when Yoda & Obi Wan served & we got to witness the fall of democracy to corruption & how a black robed old man & an armored Sith cyborg came to be in charge, and ultimately fall giving the Galaxy redemption & the chosen one indeed restoring balance to the Force by the death of an Emperor. Now the Force has begun to re awaken again for a new generation & its original fans alike. It feels great to revisit a Galaxy far far away once again.

Well said!
  • I'll set the scene; It's the year 2000. I'm 8 years old.

My mum has just recorded Episode 4, 5, 6 & 1 on TV each Saturday night for the past month and now I'm about to watch them. She hands me the ticket to A New Hope. She has drawn them by hand. It has my seat number, the time, price etc.

I get this first thing in the morning before school and I have to hang onto it all day or else I can't get into the movie theater (my lounge). So obviously I brag to everyone at school about how I'm seeing Star Wars tonight.

When I finally get home everything in my house has changed. The entire layout of the living room has shifted to make it look as much like a movie theatre as possible. There is a velvet rope where my mum is standing ready to take my ticket. When I sit down there are snacks and drinks.

Then the movie begins.

Then the next day I see Empire Strike Back.

Then the next day I see Return Of The Jedi.

Then the next day I see The Phantom Menace.

It is the best memory I have of my entire childhood and it's one I'll never forget.

So yes, Star Wars means a lot to me.

What an experience!!

I didn't know anything about Star Wars until 1999, when my mom said she wants to go to the movie in Hong Kong (2 hours of train ride from where I am from). She wanted to see Phantom Menace, and she thought I'd enjoy it as well. And I did. I have no idea who the characters are, or what they were saying (I was 11, and don't speak English). But the spaceships, the lightsaber battles, Darth Maul, death of QGJ (I always thought Obiwan was gonna get killed lol). Everything seems out of this world and I've been in love with Star Wars ever since!!!
  • Tohopka
    97 posts Member
    @warmonkey1024 That is like really cool. Your collection clearly out does mine in a million years LOL