Leader abilities when not in the leader position.

Would it be possible for a leader ability to turn into a unique ability when not in the leader position? So the effects of the ability would just affect the character the ability belonged to and not shared with the others in the squad.

As it is right now there are many characters with leader abilities that just aren't usfull and become dead weight in the characters kit. It would be nice if these abilities we're usuable somehow.

Replies

• It would break the game imo. Leader abilities are generally very powerful, and you're supposed to pick only one. Imagine an zeta'd EP lead with zVader. All the dott's would disappear and come right back giving infinite turn meter.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    not sure how that would work in many cases, leader abilities are not really designed to only effect that toon.

good example above, of zVaders lead. there are others too.

simple solution, just dont waste the resources on the abilities you dont want to use.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    its more about DoTs that can't be dispelled. also 30% offense is huge and then could stack with whatever leader ability put in there too.

it seems like it may break the game, and if not be a nightmare to balance from the dev side.

its interesting just maybe too complex.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It might be too complex, I'll give you that. It was just a thought I had today when I cringe looking at Vader's lead zeta'd and I don't use it anymore. Maybe make it part of the zeta portion of the ability? That way you're still picking and choosing what to upgrade, but if you spent the resources on it with a zeta it is still usable even when the leader portion is not anymore due to the evolving game.

it is an interesting idea, but yeah too complex to have not been developed from the beginning with this in mind.

it would open up a whole new level of team building.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    That’ll make a few teams quite degenerate like Resistance with both RJT and Zinn leadership active.
    Or chuck in every evasion lead into the same team like Old Ben leading a bunch of Sith (Maul, Dooku). That’ll also devalue Unique abilities which function as a 2nd leadership ability. Metas come and go, you’ve got to accept that any investment into a leadership ability is sunk cost.