Rex,teebo,qgj,tfp,r2

Wardai
252 posts Member
Was just wondering and saw some people say this was a good team for raids, what mods/gear lvl/zetas and omegas are required?

Mainly looking at this as I’ve picked up a few of them just farming toward my current goals/doesn’t interfere with my farms.

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Yes that can work, teebo must be lead. It's kind of a rough team to use, but if you're a newish player it can work... If you have cls or jyn it can be a little better. But to answer your question, first no zetas are required. I used something similar with g8 toons. Teebo needs potency, thats most important. I didnt use qgj I'm sure he does too. Beyond that speed and health are good. If you post a swgoh.gg account someone can probably help you make the best squad.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Didn’t my swgoh pop up underneath? I set it as my signature but posting on mobile atm.

Here it is anyway: https://swgoh.gg/u/wardai750/collection/

I’ll get cls most likely next time he comes back around as that’s my goal but until there I saw this as a good rancor team from what I’ve read and it’s along the lines of what I can pick up while working towards my goal.
  • Teebo lead, save r2 stealth for when teebo runs out of stealth, Get squad speeds over 145 minimum, ideally towards 180 plus, Get potency on teebo and Rex, to a point, using tie for ten down makes the high potency requirement not necessary , use tmr attacks primarily

• However, zVader lead tie thrawn teebo r2 works well as well, just as another thought, teebo doesn’t need to be lead with r2there, same deal keep teebo perma stealth, and stack the dots and go to town, works for rancor, neither of those teams is worth much on the other raids,
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    So high potency mods and stealth seems easy, will start the qgj farm and go back to Teebo when I get magma 7* (for r2 event)
  • I wouldn’t farm qgj just for that, you got other options, ie Vader comp that’s will work
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I used phasma in place of qgj, for speed down and a TM boost.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    What's a vader comp? Main reason I was looking at this was didn't cross with farming, atm only thing in cantina I could go for is probably boba, foo, hoth scout (in that order or swap boba/foo). Boba would be for heist, foo for bb8 (could go both kylos/phasma/FOTP/FOST) and scout would be for tb.

What Vader comp would work is it the Zader one with tarkin/tfp/thrawn?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    There's a few versions that work, but basically yes. You take advantage of zader's tmr for empire allies. TFP is still there for ten down, until you get cls. Thrawn is good since he benefits from vaders lead and also has his own tmr aoe. I used jyn successfully with this squad before cls. Magma is another option with his own tmr aoe. This can be a great full auto solo team
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    I would rather not as atm I haven't even got my first zeta (sought of screwed up on the whole dark side ships, working on my last one to start zeta farming). Was aiming for it to go on palp lead when I've got him unlocked.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Teebo lead, save r2 stealth for when teebo runs out of stealth, Get squad speeds over 145 minimum, ideally towards 180 plus, Get potency on teebo and Rex, to a point, using tie for ten down makes the high potency requirement not necessary , use tmr attacks primarily

Additionally:
    Load TFP with crit chance to land tenacity down.

A slow TFP and R2 will feed less turnmeter to the boss (slower is better). Every time they hit, the boss gains some turn meter. Less hits —> less TM feed. R2 only has to be just fast enough to have his Smoke Screen ready when Teebo looses his 3—turn stealth.

But yes, plenty of speed on your TM removers.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Alternatively use Phasma instead of R2. She has great synergy with TFP and Terbo. Victory March (advantage) ensures a crit for TFP (giving tenacity down). As soon as TD is applied always save VM for when Teebo needs the TM to get ahead of the Rancor and move before Rancor (typically when not stealthed). Teebo, Rex, TFP, Phasma and QGJ can solo the whole thing.
  • Key is indeed to have :
    - a Tenacity Down : TFP is great for that, with a good crit chance to have it reliably, but he’s not good for anything else, as you would want him slow, so not that much damage. But Dengar can also inflict Tenacity Down, and as a reworked BH he probably is more useful than TFP (who has left the best Empire teams, so his only other main utility is Fleet, for his ship is fast). And CLS.
    - a Speed Down : as said by an above poster, each hit on Rancor gives him some TM, so you don’t want him to get much more. Phasma can inflict it, but he’s not the best (nor only) leader for FO anymore. Dengar can inflict Speed Down (and TenDown), Darth Vader can too (plus his zeta lead gives TMR to all Empire), and Thrawn’s Fracture is good too.
    - reliable and multiple TMR, preferably on basics. Rex is great, because it’s on basic and 100% to proc. CLS too (of two sorts). Teebo’s is reliable, as if he’s lead, you can expect him to be stealthed on 80% of his attacks. Jyn’s is on a special, but with a short cooldown so you can use it each other turn (plus, she receives the TM she removes). Most of the others have it process only half the time (roughly) on basic, or have it on a special. Raid Han is great too, but farm may be long if you’re only starting HPit.
    You also don’t want to expend too much ressources on this team, if you’re starting the game. You will get slightly better gear, but once you have CLS, it’s essentially on farm whatever the other toons you use. Teebo/Rex/TFP/QGJ/Phasma or variations (like adding R2) was a thing a year ago, before the appearance of some of the better toons. Rancor is now more of a side-show, and new toons/reworks change the needs. Teebo is not used in the Murderbears teams. KRU is preferred to Phasma for FO lead. TFP is hardly used in Empire teams, except very specific cases. QGJ, well, Jedis are not used much.
    OTOH, CLS will make it easy ; Dengar is useful in a BH team now, and for starting accounts may help in the Credit Heist too, plus he fulfills two of the needs. With Dengar, you can have four other TMR toons, so you limit the risk of having Rancor take an action (and if he takes several, he’ll devour someone).
    But, as I said, CLS gives the TMR, the TenDown, the Speed Down, and big damage. He will make the Rancor easy work, with pretty much any team comp. So, if you plan having him soon, and are F2P, avoid diverting too much ressources on this team. Among the usual early TMR, only Rex and Ewok Scout have some utility later on. So, if you still have much farming to get the squad required for CLS, it’s probably better to focus on them rather than a Rancor squad.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Main reason I was looking at this, in a blank spot in cantina shipments have a couple of choices boba/foo/hoth scout which I could farm qgj. Phasma I got to 7* already and was working on teebo, did the main two biggs/zeb already and was getting rex anyway because a lot of people say he always stays meta, not like he's the only team run but more like he is great to have.

Also dengar is a guild store farm right? Do need to try and get higher in the credit heist. Might be something I work on been buying gear atm to try and get some g9s.

Also my last couple of farms for cls, is optimizing my empire team for 7*R2, farm luke, old ben, leia as I'm about to finish st han. One's arena and the other two are cantinas so don't mind working around that by focusing certain hard nodes/gw/cantina store.