Give us a calendar please

Prev134
It's nice to have been working on communicating with the community and all, we all appreciate the effort that's being put there.

But really, is it THAT hard to give us a calendar a week (or at least a few days) before the month starts?

Replies

• Options
    If they give us the calendar one week before, people will want it two weeks before. If they give it two weeks before, people will want it one month before. It will come when it comes.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    If they give us the calendar one week before, people will want it two weeks before. If they give it two weeks before, people will want it one month before. It will come when it comes.

Yep, happens every time. Give an inch, and we want 42 miles.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Speak for yourselves. I think its reasonable to ask for a calendar on literally the last day of the month.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Roopehun wrote: »

Speak for yourselves. I think its reasonable to ask for a calendar on literally the last day of the month.

The calendar is coming today. Its 4am where the dev team.is right now, so.....yeah.
  • Options
    Also safe to say - the events we ll see will be there. We finished an LSTB and are in a TW so another TW and then dstb then 2 more tws then an lstb then 2 tws then a dstb.

Other events will most likely not happen till at least next week. And remember there is no CM. So I’m sure people are doing their job + some of the cm’s. Idk about you but I hate doing other people’s work. We ll get it :)
  • Options
    Farm what you want, when you want it.

Focus on your goals.

Forget calendars.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Options
    zorglub wrote: »
    It's nice to have been working on communicating with the community and all, we all appreciate the effort that's being put there.

But really, is it THAT hard to give us a calendar a week (or at least a few days) before the month starts?

Geeze calm down. It's Monday at 3am in California. Of course they're not gonna put it out on a weekend when no ones working. I'm sure they'll get it out today.
  • Options
    I can see both sides, but given that a few days can be the difference between being ready for an event and not being ready, it would be nice if they planned ahead a bit when the 28th of the month falls on a weekend. I'm sure they know exactly what May looks like from an event perspective, so why not issue the calendar on the Friday before and avoid antagonising people? Especially when you know the community is expecting Palpatine and you've brought R2-D2 forward...
  • Options
    arbster wrote: »
    I can see both sides, but given that a few days can be the difference between being ready for an event and not being ready, it would be nice if they planned ahead a bit when the 28th of the month falls on a weekend. I'm sure they know exactly what May looks like from an event perspective, so why not issue the calendar on the Friday before and avoid antagonising people? Especially when you know the community is expecting Palpatine and you've brought R2-D2 forward...

DOnt let Ambassador see that because according to him you shouldnt have expected palps before R2
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

DOnt let Ambassador see that because according to him you shouldnt have expected palps before R2

Actually there is no reason what so ever to have expected pals before R2. There is no connection between the events at all..... so any thoughts that they would be in that order were pure speculation on the player side.

I would agree that on a new event, a day can matter. On an event that has had the requirements known for this long, if you are not ready, then it's on you and your plan, or possible your start time and you just didn't have enough time. So many people are in different places in game and in the "farm" for each event. You cant expect the dev team to look at "everyone" to make sure they are "ready".

As always, if you miss an event and that character/event is important to you, that from that point on you should commit yourself 100% to getting ready for it right then. The minute your prioritize something else you risk missing out.

Them being on the calendar changes nothing about being ready, when the calendar gets released has always been right at the end of the month. Events happen all the time, beginning/middle/end of the month. Be ready, or dont, but it's not always a grand conspiracy against the players.
  • Options
    It would make sense to take the maximum amount of days out that an event becomes visible in game (is it 5 days?) and use that as the threshold for days before the first event of the following month (or no later than the last day of the current month).
  • Options
    Be ready, or dont, but it's not always a grand conspiracy against the players.

Absolutely this.

Well - I'd go further - it's never a grand conspiracy against the players. It's a game. And to be a game it requires challenge. Challenge could be having events appear when you don't expect them, rewarding those that were single-minded in their desire to work towards their goals.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    It would make sense to take the maximum amount of days out that an event becomes visible in game (is it 5 days?) and use that as the threshold for days before the first event of the following month (or no later than the last day of the current month).

Completely reasonably request. I dont think they will put it in writing but I passed this along to see if they can make it work.
  • Options

The calendar is coming today. Its 4am where the dev team.is right now, so.....yeah.

And in Sydney there is 30 minutes till May... So the will got it in May.
    Real problem is CG_Carrie told us we will have info a week before Legendary event and bang we have R2 coming in 4 days. Lack of consistency is the path to the dark side.

And like Jon Snow says - North remembers
  • Options
    You know, they could have just not made the r2 event be visible in-game?
    I think ya'll should be glad that instead of getting the news about r2 event through the calenders, ya'll are getting it earlier. Much earlier.

And to the op, atleast let them wake up first.
  • Options

Actually there is no reason what so ever to have expected pals before R2. There is no connection between the events at all..... so any thoughts that they would be in that order were pure speculation on the player side.

I would agree that on a new event, a day can matter. On an event that has had the requirements known for this long, if you are not ready, then it's on you and your plan, or possible your start time and you just didn't have enough time. So many people are in different places in game and in the "farm" for each event. You cant expect the dev team to look at "everyone" to make sure they are "ready".

As always, if you miss an event and that character/event is important to you, that from that point on you should commit yourself 100% to getting ready for it right then. The minute your prioritize something else you risk missing out.

Them being on the calendar changes nothing about being ready, when the calendar gets released has always been right at the end of the month. Events happen all the time, beginning/middle/end of the month. Be ready, or dont, but it's not always a grand conspiracy against the players.

It was based on history and that is what you take to account when you measure chances of something happening that dont have fixed timetable. Only indicator for R2 would be that it first came out on may the 4th.
  • C3hyp77
    162 posts Member
    Options
    raid han is in login for may ....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Mysticus wrote: »

Real problem is CG_Carrie told us we will have info a week before Legendary event and bang we have R2 coming in 4 days. Lack of consistency is the path to the dark side.

That is an incorrect statement. R2 is considered legacy since it has been out for more than 2 runs and therefore only has to be on the calendar. The 1 week statement was about "new" legacy and heroic, which is the first 2 runs.
    CG_TopHat wrote:
    ...A Legendary or Mythic event becomes a Legacy event after its first two runs. In those instances, we will be adding those Legendaries and Mythics to the event calendar when we post the calendar for the next month at the end of the current month....

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018#latest
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • commander_unknown01
    152 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Actually...if ur from OZ, then ur from south..just want to state that fact xd
    And they dont care about the timings of rest of the world..only PDT timings. Its very clear.

Oh and btw...my humble advice..dont wait for calendar to creep up.
    Just star and gear up ur toons and be ready for the event.
    I dont believe swgohevents site either. Not that good.
    Just trust ur instincts and ur luck (yea...thats a factor too xd)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

It was based on history and that is what you take to account when you measure chances of something happening that dont have fixed timetable. Only indicator for R2 would be that it first came out on may the 4th.

So based on history,
    before every R2 event palp showed up?

Or were they 2 independent schedules?

To me it seems like the latter and people are just making inferences on what they hoped or would like to see.
  • Options
    Does it really matter? The events almost always follow the same cadence and most veteran players have the toons for those events.

And I highly doubt there will be may 4 info on the calendar. Likely won’t know about that till the 3rd.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Roopehun wrote: »

Wont argue that, but maybe not asking at 4am PST on a Monday morning. It will more than likely be there by the days end. Don't really need it until then. Cause a calendar for tomorrow means nothing of tomorrow never comes.
  • Options

Totally agree. Its impossible to prevent the events and farm the characters for the event when you dont have a calendar at least few days before them. Its very disrespectfull and a political of pay to win. Come on. We all spend some money on the game. But every time??
    Also, data cards are so expensive and very poorly effective to get characters.
    Its a very annoying politics when the new month its here and you dont know about whats comming.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Options
    Idk maybe the could have put the callendar out on, gasp, Friday. The are posting it last minute for a chance to put in a surprise legendary event at the start of the month.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Options
    Madpup wrote: »
    Idk maybe the could have put the callendar out on, gasp, Friday. The are posting it last minute for a chance to put in a surprise legendary event at the start of the month.

Totally incorrect. If they are going to run a new Legendary event this month, bare minimum is that they would announce it today, and it would start no sooner than the 7th. If the supposed Legendary event is going to run any time later than that in the month, then they wouldn't announce it with the calendar release anyway, they would wait until 7 days before the event.

To you and all the others spreading misinformation in this thread, Please Stop. It's not helpful.

@Kyno, thank you for your patience in always trying to set these threads straight.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    A calendar has to be finalized to make sure whatever is to be released is going to make its target date. It’s easy to blurt a bunch of Events down and shoot them out early, but the new content has to be worked in and then previous events are moved around.
    That would make everyone mad. So take time to get the calendar correct, and we’ll all appreciate it more.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know how half the people posting in these threads even play this game with so little patience...
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I guess they spend money so they don't have to wait. And then get angry at the things that they have to wait for anyway.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

So based on history,

To me it seems like the latter and people are just making inferences on what they hoped or would like to see.

So you want to tell me that event that was here a month ago is more likely to come again then event that last time poped in February?

Also I like how you repeat what they said about Legacy events when they also said that Yoda and Palp are on monthly rotation, so will you remind me which of those two was in March?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

So based on history,

So you want to tell me that event that was here a month ago is more likely to come again then event that last time poped in February?

Also I like how you repeat what they said about Legacy events when they also said that Yoda and Palp are on monthly rotation, so will you remind me which of those two was in March?

Being that they are 2 independent schedules one has no bearing on the other, so the expectation of order is what I am referring too. They could both come up this month, we dont know.

If you want to discuss the stated rotation of the events that has not been adhered to, that is a different discussion, and again has no bearing on the order in which 2 independent events come up.
This discussion has been closed.