Question: Speed secondaries, were they nerfed?

Prev1
DuneSeaFarmer
3525 posts Member
edited April 2018
For a while now I am not seeing anything above 9. Green to gold, makes no difference. There were a lot of players calling to nerf speed secondary's, so did they?

Replies

• Nope, just luck of the roll. You don’t always get 10 plus. Usually sub ten
  • Good to hear, back luck I can deal with, a nerf.. not so much
  • I wouldn't be surprised, the more and more people finish up their cantina farming goals like the Vets and DT, St, ect, the more energy they have to spare farming mods. This could very easily result in a nerf of drop rates as much as people don't want to admit it
  • PeteSolo wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised, the more and more people finish up their cantina farming goals like the Vets and DT, St, ect, the more energy they have to spare farming mods. This could very easily result in a nerf of drop rates as much as people don't want to admit it

Lol quite the conspiracy theorist you are laddie
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    For a while now I am not seeing anything above 9. Green to gold, makes no difference. There were a lot of players calling to nerf speed secondary's, so did they?

no
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    I got a 15 a few days ago.

It's nothing but RNG. In general the answer to "did they nerf" is no...in the rare cases they did, everyone is already posting about it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Did they nerf the drop rates also?
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I'm absolutely certain that I have never had bad RNG...they always nerf everything for me personally and then revert back to normal to confuse me...no doubt about it
  • Dztn
    48 posts Member
    I've seen some People with 23 Speed in my Arena shard... my highest is 16. Horrible. I'm playing this game for years, but i have a bad rng with These mods so i can't compete with this guys. So i stuck :(
  • Dztn wrote: »
    I've seen some People with 23 Speed in my Arena shard... my highest is 16. Horrible. I'm playing this game for years, but i have a bad rng with These mods so i can't compete with this guys. So i stuck :(

I don’t have one mod over 20. My highest is 19. But I have a bunch of 16s mostly on the diamonds. Crosses are the toughest for me. It’s can’t speed out of them at all.
  • My best is a plus with 24

Lol, show off ;). 19 here, would love a 20 or better just to have one lol, overlooking 30 speed arrows of course :D

Lol, show off ;). 19 here, would love a 20 or better just to have one lol, overlooking 30 speed arrows of course :D

It dropped shortly after I started, best since was 15. But lately 8 or 9
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    My highest is a crit chance data bus at 26 speed. On BB8. My precioussss lol
    But for months now all I get is grey garbage so it’s starting to feel like a nerf.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No, no nerf.
  • Speed secondaries are definitely an issue. I just found a guy who just made 85 it looks very recently. His roster barely supports what he has with sub par characters. Farmed Phoenix for Thrawn but got them GS7 no mods, most likely trading the super set of health mods he has between characters. Farmed what he needed for EP and R2 but just barely. Level 80 Ben, Leia and STH.

Nothing else. His jawas are in the teens, scoundrels barely touched. The rest of his roster is not even open really except to get CLS and Empire Meta. Every one of his 5* level 15 health mods had +15 plus secondaries of tenacity, potency and speed, each or different combos thereof. He is currently hanging in the rank 500s on my shard.

I find this offensive and an affront to everyone that actually has opened the content and has deep rosters. Stuff like this makes me want to walk away, his Vader has 65% pot, 198 speed and 55% tenacity. All his meta toons are GS11, so obviously either an alt account or someone who is being carried or paid a fortune. Only my arrows are above 10 speed - lol!
  • Speed secondaries are definitely an issue. I just found a guy who just made 85 it looks very recently. His roster barely supports what he has with sub par characters. Farmed Phoenix for Thrawn but got them GS7 no mods, most likely trading the super set of health mods he has between characters. Farmed what he needed for EP and R2 but just barely. Level 80 Ben, Leia and STH.

Nothing else. His jawas are in the teens, scoundrels barely touched. The rest of his roster is not even open really except to get CLS and Empire Meta. Every one of his 5* level 15 health mods had +15 plus secondaries of tenacity, potency and speed, each or different combos thereof. He is currently hanging in the rank 500s on my shard.

I find this offensive and an affront to everyone that actually has opened the content and has deep rosters. Stuff like this makes me want to walk away, his Vader has 65% pot, 198 speed and 55% tenacity. All his meta toons are GS11, so obviously either an alt account or someone who is being carried or paid a fortune. Only my arrows are above 10 speed - lol!

Yikes.. yeah, somedays it just seems like an hopeless battle. Those days I choose an arena opponent and hit auto and watch tv. Whatever happens, happens.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Funny, that you ask today, @DuneSeaFarmer, as exactly today I got my very first 20 secondary speed mod with the highest until today being 17.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Funny, that you ask today, @DuneSeaFarmer, as exactly today I got my very first 20 secondary speed mod with the highest until today being 17.

Grats!
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Kyno wrote: »
    No, no nerf.

Good. Otherwise the powergap would really widen. In the back of my mind I kinda figured as much, I would've seen the torches and pitchfork mobs.. lol
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

Grats!

Thanx :—)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Speed secondaries are definitely an issue. I just found a guy who just made 85 it looks very recently. His roster barely supports what he has with sub par characters. Farmed Phoenix for Thrawn but got them GS7 no mods, most likely trading the super set of health mods he has between characters. Farmed what he needed for EP and R2 but just barely. Level 80 Ben, Leia and STH.

So you're saying he prioritized farming mods over characters and because of that he's faster than others? How is that a bad thing? That decision may very well bite him/her in the behind later on, and if we're being honest it's not really paying off currently either since he's top500...
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    Also 198 speed on Vader is nothing special. If he's running the PE meta then Vader should be his fastest toon. I hit level 85 a few days ago, my Vader is 211 speed and I can still only just make top 20.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Also 198 speed on Vader is nothing special. If he's running the PE meta then Vader should be his fastest toon. I hit level 85 a few days ago, my Vader is 211 speed and I can still only just make top 20.

New zeta for DV, +8 speed per Empire ally, or Jedi/Rebel Enemy?
  • Question, is their any truth to paid packs of mods have better chances of higher stats than the ones from challenges or bought with in game credits or fleet credits?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Question, is their any truth to paid packs of mods have better chances of higher stats than the ones from challenges or bought with in game credits or fleet credits?

Why would there be?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Question, is their any truth to paid packs of mods have better chances of higher stats than the ones from challenges or bought with in game credits or fleet credits?

Nope nope nope. Rng sucks for all. If anything might hurt more to buy packs and get nothing.
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    Question, is their any truth to paid packs of mods have better chances of higher stats than the ones from challenges or bought with in game credits or fleet credits?

Nope nope nope. Rng sucks for all. If anything might hurt more to buy packs and get nothing.

This ^^^