FBL Against EP Sith

EP Lead: Empire and Sith allies have +35% Potency and 35% Max Health. Jedi and Rebel enemies have -35% Potency and -35% Evasion.
FBL Lead: All allies gain 50% Tenacity. Whenever an ally Resists a detrimental effect they gain Advantage for 2 turns.

Darth Vader has base Potency of 31%.With mods mine has 47%. With EP lead he has 82% (WOW). That pretty much automatically hits anyone without Foresight. But if I put FBL as my lead then I wonder how well that can work against a debuff-heavy team like the current EP teams. My Vader would have 82% potency under EP, but my CLS, R2, Baze, and Chirrut would have 85.21%, 89.61%, 84.63%, and 95.06% respectively. So I just wonder if running that team under FBL would make them pretty much immune to resistable debuffs, especially since the team isn't modded for tenacity. Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    No, it provides nothing to your team in terms of speed and the 50% tenacity isn't really that great. You need to get above 100% tenacity for it to actually have an impact

Just use Rex. Tenacity up means nothing lands as long tenacity up is present
  • Options
    If you have a potency of 80%, then only tenacity above 95% will mean anything more than it does right now. Chance to resist is tenacity - potency with a minimum of 15%. So only if you get above 15% more than the opponent's potency does anything matter.
  • Options
    Minowara wrote: »
    If you have a potency of 80%, then only tenacity above 95% will mean anything more than it does right now. Chance to resist is tenacity - potency with a minimum of 15%. So only if you get above 15% more than the opponent's potency does anything matter.

So are you saying this setup makes sense, or is pointless?
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    He's saying it doesn't matter. Example being

Your Vader has potency of 82
    Your R2 has tenacity of 89

89-82= 7% chance to resist.
    The REAL chance for resist is 15% bc that is the minimum, so that 50% tenacity means nothing
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    It means Tenacity is still a useless stat to mod/leadership for except in very niche situations.
    And Tenacity Up is OP.
  • Options
    I actually had to go into the character list to figure out who he was talking about lol.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    In arena it doesnt matter. BUT, for the Record: Farmboy Luke has found a purpose. He is an excellent Rebel lead in Phase 1 of Sith Raid.

His Tenacity Lead (no zeta) give about a 95% chance to resist Nihilus defense down. So you can use counter and multi-attackers when you normally never could. I run FBL, CLS Leia R Han and Visas Mar. Can substitute Chirrut, Pao or Sabine if you dont have one of those. A good backup team that can do over 1M damage on T4.

As an aside, Pao has also found a home in the Sith Raid as he massively boosts rebel damage in any phase. He is really good in P1, 2 and 3.

If you have FBL and/or Visas Mar zetaed, the numbers would get really crazy.
  • Options
    Pao is good? Hmmmm, I shall look into that...
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Pao is good? Hmmmm, I shall look into that...

Dont go zetaing him or anything, but he works in Chex mix in P3 and I use him in the P1 team mentioned above and P2, CLS Leia Chirrut or Visas, Raid Han and Pao. He works great with Wedge teams too in P2.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    Options
    HK666 wrote: »

The REAL chance for resist is 15% bc that is the minimum, so that 50% tenacity means nothing

Except that my R2 only has that high of a tenacity because of the FBL lead. w/o that extra 50% he only has 39% tenacity versus the Vader potency of 82%.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    HK666 wrote: »

Except that my R2 only has that high of a tenacity because of the FBL lead. w/o that extra 50% he only has 39% tenacity versus the Vader potency of 82%.

Without that 50%, your Chance to Resist is still at 15%. Adding that 50% didn’t raise it any higher than 15%. Hence, useless Maximus.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    In arena it doesnt matter. BUT, for the Record: Farmboy Luke has found a purpose. He is an excellent Rebel lead in Phase 1 of Sith Raid.

His Tenacity Lead (no zeta) give about a 95% chance to resist Nihilus defense down. So you can use counter and multi-attackers when you normally never could. I run FBL, CLS Leia R Han and Visas Mar. Can substitute Chirrut, Pao or Sabine if you dont have one of those. A good backup team that can do over 1M damage on T4.

As an aside, Pao has also found a home in the Sith Raid as he massively boosts rebel damage in any phase. He is really good in P1, 2 and 3.

Seriously? I have g12 Farmboy with zeta unique and he is generally a lackluster addition to any raid squad. I would not see his lead ability making a difference at all in the Sith raid (running the heroic tier).
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options

Seriously? I have g12 Farmboy with zeta unique and he is generally a lackluster addition to any raid squad. I would not see his lead ability making a difference at all in the Sith raid (running the heroic tier).

He’s probably not running Heroic Tier Sith Raid. And I really don’t think it’s great advice to build teams that eventually don’t work when you do progress to Heroic Sith Raid.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options

Im not running Heroic and it doesnt matter as much there because all of you guys have JTR and can cruise the whole thing.

The rest of us Peons that take 3 or 4 days to do Tier 4, a completely F2P team that can do 1M damage in the most annoying phase is nothing to scoff at.

But Since you have his lead zetaed @EventineElessedil Id be interested to hear the results if you try that team in Heroic. ;)

But it IS a good non heroic team and you dont have to worry about his annoying defense down/protection regen.
  • Options

Im not running Heroic and it doesnt matter as much there because all of you guys have JTR and can cruise the whole thing.

The rest of us Peons that take 3 or 4 days to do Tier 4, a completely F2P team that can do 1M damage in the most annoying phase is nothing to scoff at.

But Since you have his lead zetaed @EventineElessedil Id be interested to hear the results if you try that team in Heroic. ;)

But it IS a good non heroic team and you dont have to worry about his annoying defense down/protection regen.

@VonZant

JTR does not let you "cruise the whole thing," not by a long shot. I have a hard time pulling 4% in P1 with my JTR squad. It still takes a whole guild clawing their way through the raid 1-2% at a time. Takes a lot of well-geared teams to clear. They tell me zVentress lead is a monster in P4, I do not know yet.

I did not zeta Farmboy's lead, just his unique. I tried using him under Wedge lead in P4 HAAT, but it takes too long for his damage to build up to respectable levels.

At any rate, I am pleased he is working for you, but do not expect to carry that success up the tiers with you. He was my first g12 just because I was hoping he would shine, so it makes me happy that he has an effective role.