Why is Arena payout set at at 5/6PM

Why is the arena payout time set at 5/6PM? It’s an awful time for most players due to family time, getting off work, driving home from school/work, and dinner time.

Replies

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Why didn't you change your timezone when you created your account? How long did it take you to realized it's an awful time? How long have you been playing with this awful time?
  • For me it s at 10 pm
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Why didn't you change your timezone when you created your account? How long did it take you to realized it's an awful time? How long have you been playing with this awful time?

well for a start it messes with any other game you have on your phone......

No it doesn't. You set it once and done. No other game gets affected.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    For me it s at 10 pm

Lucky. Did you move or travel?
  • Yes i moved. But not so lucky because i always miss the last energy refresh which is at 1 am because i sleep
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Yes i moved. But not so lucky because i always miss the last energy refresh which is at 1 am because i sleep

Oh...yeah that's no good. I have similar issues when working graveyard.
  • gordonjones
    115 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Is there some metric measured in the Apple or Android store based on when people login at that time that increases store rating?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes i moved. But not so lucky because i always miss the last energy refresh which is at 1 am because i sleep

well there's your problem. :wink:

it was an odd choice of time to design a whole game mode around.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Why is the arena payout time set at 5/6PM? It’s an awful time for most players due to family time, getting off work, driving home from school/work, and dinner time.

It is not. It is set at 6 PM / 7 PM... ;—)
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

It is not. It is set at 6 PM / 7 PM... ;—)

This...

And then next fall it will be 5 PM / 6 PM :p
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Tarugo91
    294 posts Member
    6pm payout is terribly inconvenient. At this time, I am still in the office but preparing to go home. Hope there are options to change this.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Tarugo91 wrote: »
    6pm payout is terribly inconvenient. At this time, I am still in the office but preparing to go home. Hope there are options to change this.

I'm not a big fan of the dinner/commute/family time of payout either. And now, as a baseball coach, I can pretty much forget about finishing near the top of arena (either one) for the next 3 months.

Sadly, CG hasn't changed this in 2+ years, despite numerous requests, so I don't think it's on the table.

You'd think they'd want it at a time when players can be active, but apparently keeping at one of the least convenient times for many players is the MO.

This is definitely one issue that is slowly pushing me away from the game.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I'm not a big fan of the dinner/commute/family time of payout either. And now, as a baseball coach, I can pretty much forget about finishing near the top of arena (either one) for the next 3 months.

Sadly, CG hasn't changed this in 2+ years, despite numerous requests, so I don't think it's on the table.

You'd think they'd want it at a time when players can be active, but apparently keeping at one of the least convenient times for many players is the MO.

They did talk about it in one of the videos, it does seem it is on the table, but no details about what they are thinking.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

They did talk about it in one of the videos, it does seem it is on the table, but no details about what they are thinking.

Lol - citing videos as the source? Are you trolling me right now? :D;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Lol - citing videos as the source? Are you trolling me right now? :D;)

Yeah.... I had no choice.... it was one of the shorter ones if that helps... :wink: