Veers and troopers are overrated

Prev1
Luniz
359 posts Member
Especially against nightsisters. A true counter would be able to take down a higher power team. Troopers need a zeta to even be viable, and even then they can't take down a stronger NS team even if it does have a weak zombie. If you face a faster NS team your snowtrooper won't have time to stack enough damage to overcome heals and regen.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I have always had an easy time with a more powerful double (even triple) zeta NS team with my undergeared troopers. Yes veers zeta helps but I was still able to get the ball rolling before it. Mine were never faster either.

Strategy and takedown order are important.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    They're not arena viable (and god knows I tried) but have a decent to excellent use in every other game mode aside from Rancor.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Luniz wrote: »
    Especially against nightsisters. A true counter would be able to take down a higher power team. Troopers need a zeta to even be viable, and even then they can't take down a stronger NS team even if it does have a weak zombie. If you face a faster NS team your snowtrooper won't have time to stack enough damage to overcome heals and regen.

If you have a zeta on Veers and you are facing a weak zombie you should never lose.

They are clearly not overrated for TB or TW. Or raids (YMMV on that one depending on your situation).

They are properly rated for arena because anyone paying attention knows they aren't viable there.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    If you can’t beat any NS squad with zveers lead troopers with snow, your doing it way wrong.
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    And veers does need his zeta to work, that’s how it goes, same deal as how Finn needs his zeta to be any good as well.

If you won’t built the leader properly, then the squad doesn’t work properly
  • Luniz wrote: »
    Veers and troopers are overrated

Hmmm ... I think they are perfectly rated. Nobody ever said troopers will dominate squad arena. Many have tried to make it work, it just does not. What people do claim is that troopers are very good in the DSTB, great against the ewoks in forest moon assault battle, and generally dominate Nightsisters. Sure, if you mod them wrong, undergear them, or you come up against a very fast NS squad, you may struggle. I am among many when I say that I do not regret spending a zeta on Veers, he is a fantastic trooper lead.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I think we can all agree OP is wrong. Thread can be closed now. :p
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Sure lol
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    What's the point if you have to gear and mod them though? Anybody is good in that case. They don't beat better NS teams, at best maybe even. But that means they are just another gear and mod suck that basically have only one purpose (fighting NS in TW). Compared to other teams that can consistently take on higher powered teams, e.g. Sith, rebels, even droids can consistently take down higher powered Phoenix squads.

but they do beat better ns team, thats what makes them good
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • I think it really depends on one's definition of "wrong".

I play because I love Star Wars. And the animations and sound are fantastic!

Yes, my Troops can defeat some teams, lose to others. Same with my Phoenix, Clones, Sith, etc.

I'm not playing "Generic Math Warriors", I'm playing Star Wars! I'll send my undergeared Ewoks into battle just to hear them chatter and screech. (Ai-Yee-Ah!)
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    What's the point if you have to gear and mod them though? Anybody is good in that case. They don't beat better NS teams

Yes they do. If you can't beat better NS teams, you're doing it wrong.
    But that means they are just another gear and mod suck that basically have only one purpose (fighting NS in TW).

Untrue, I posted several other uses. Again, you're just using them wrong.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    Moogaroosh wrote: »
    I'll send my undergeared Ewoks into battle just to hear them chatter and screech. (Ai-Yee-Ah!)

There's meds for that mate... :smiley:

• UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Latest zeta, despite my none of my troopers being above gear 9 except Veers. Don't regret it one bit. They are awesome fun. And they took down a more powerful NS team in TW today. Paper zombie For The Loss!
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    They are great in the Sith and AAT raids, spectacular in DS TB, good on attack or deep defense in TW and will smash any event where opponents die fairly quickly.

If they aren’t doing these things for you, then you are using them incorrectly.
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    But that means they are just another gear and mod suck that basically have only one purpose (fighting NS in TW).

Uhh, no.

They are basically the DS resistance. They clean up DS TB like nobody's business. They get you IPD shards (do your Sith or Rebel teams do that?). They're pretty fantastic in P2 (and maybe p3) of the Sith Raid. (Plus they auto-kill Ewoks on anything but mythic :P.)
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    gufu21 wrote: »

Uhh, no.

They are basically the DS resistance. They clean up DS TB like nobody's business. They get you IPD shards (do your Sith or Rebel teams do that?). They're pretty fantastic in P2 (and maybe p3) of the Sith Raid. (Plus they auto-kill Ewoks on anything but mythic :P.)

Point of order, . . ;) they also take care of the Ewok mythic event,
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I don't have mine maxed out but do have two G12, G11, G10, G9...and had no chance. That was one event where Vader, EP, and/or droids seemed to work better.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    In the OP's defence, i never use troopers in arena to take out NS anymore since they've all got their zombi geared.
    That said, troopers are one of my fav teams.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Putnam
    194 posts Member
    Zeers is the must have zeta for DSTB. Guaranteed 6/6 on combat missions in p6 if thy are all g10 or above
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    leef wrote: »
    In the OP's defence, i never use troopers in arena to take out NS anymore since they've all got their zombi geared.

I've never used them once in arena for fighting NS. CLS/Han works just fine.
  • Moroveus
    147 posts Member
    I don't have Zetas on any of my troopers, and I have yet to face a NS team in Territory War that my troopers couldn't easily pound into the dirt.
  • leef wrote: »

Geared zombie definitely reduces their effectiveness, but even geared zombie has low health. Zombie still goes down easy once protection is gone. Just takes a bit longer to get the troopers rolling.
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    Troopers vs Nightsisters has to be the biggest counter in the game. It's not even a close match no matter how many zeta's the nightsisters have. If veers has his zeta, the match doesn't last more than 15 seconds.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    If anything was ever overrated it was the nightsisters. Yes they can be a pain if you don't have the right counters, but they are nothing compared to how op they supposedly were when the first 1000 posts were made crying about it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Geared zombie definitely reduces their effectiveness, but even geared zombie has low health. Zombie still goes down easy once protection is gone. Just takes a bit longer to get the troopers rolling.

yea, just not worth switching teams for anymore. I did however enjoy steamrolling weak zombi teams with troopers.

Drazz127 wrote: »
    Troopers vs Nightsisters has to be the biggest counter in the game. It's not even a close match no matter how many zeta's the nightsisters have. If veers has his zeta, the match doesn't last more than 15 seconds.

i'd like to see that vs a Talzin lead, asajj, daka, kenobi and geared zombi team that is max geared, better modded and has all the zeta's.

Save water, drink champagne!
  • I dislike troopers. Well, generic named toon given importance in general, but fact is..they are good as an AOE team.
    And btw..u dont need Imp. Troopers to defeat NS.
    A decent sith/emp team with zEP as lead and having sion will defeat NS
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Even if the nightsisters go first and get plague on everyone they will still lose. It’s not even funny how fast the battles are.
  • I can only give a personal example of why they are not overrated against NS. In a previous TW, I sent my G11 Troopers against an entirely G12 Nightsisters team. Their Asajj went first, then their Daka, then my Starck. Veers mass-assist killed Zombie, Deathtrooper obliterated most of Daka's health, then Snowtrooper went insane with AOE, and the fight was over within 30 seconds.

Troopers can lose to Nightsisters, but the odds are stacked HEAVILY in their favour.
  • No they absolutely can have problems vs. better NS teams - specially ones with a zeta vent leader that takes TM from them with a fast Talzin / Daka and GK in there. You need Starck to be faster to kick it off, otherwise you can have TM removed with MT aoe, Daka gets in 1 / 2 stuns - Shore is stun locked and can't taunt / has TM removed by Vent, etc., the OP is still wrong though :) They are very good - just not perfect or OP - but that's ok.