Content Update [HF] 5/1/2018 (Mega)

Prev13456714
Vampire_X
1435 posts Moderator
edited May 2018
Hi Holotable Heroes!
There will be a hotfix today, 5/1/2018. You can check out what’s being addressed below:

MAY THE 4TH EVENTS
Han Solo Shard Giveaway
To kick off our May 4th festivities, we are giving out a one-time, additional 10 Han Solo shards to everyone who logs in between May 4th and May 11th.
Come back each day this month to collect more Han Solo shards through the Daily Login Bonus.

Bonus Drops
In celebration of May the 4th, we're activating "Bonus Drops"!
All Light Side Hard Nodes will have a chance to drop shards of one of the following characters:
  • Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum)
  • Chirrut Îmwe
  • Amilyn Holdo
All Dark Side Hard Nodes will have a chance to drop shards of one of the following characters:
  • Darth Nihilus
  • Director Krennic
  • Gar Saxon
All Cantina Battle Nodes will have a chance to drop Guild Event Tokens!

Event begins: May 4th
Event ends: May 8th

25% Crystal Promotion
The Crystal Event returns for our May 4th celebrations. For a limited time, you can get 25% more Crystals on select crystal packs in the store. Limited one time purchase.
Event begins: May 2nd
Event ends:May 10th

ABILITY MATERIALS MEGA-PACK REHEAT
The Ability Materials Mega-Pack is back in the store for a VERY limited time! This pack will grant at least 9 Omega and 20 MkIII Ability Materials - and may grant up to 25 Omegas & 50 MkIIIs! Limit 1 purchase per day.
Event begins: May 3rd
Event ends: May 6th

FIXES
  • Boba Fett’s “Death From Above” ability text has been edited for better clarification.

5/2/2018 - Corrected dates for the 25% Crystal Promotion
Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
Post edited by CG_Leviathan on

Replies

• Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    No GET bonus drop on mod farming for May 4th event?
  • Cstone812
    266 posts Member
    Options
    I guess double drops are too generous now huh? No one cares about bonus shards...
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    Yes complain, that's what makes them want to do nice things for us.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Bettz
    29 posts Member
    Options
    Weak sauce...its once a year guys, toss us some double drops so each player can focus on stuff we actually need.
  • Notnukin
    83 posts Member
    Options
    We will get an exclusive interview with Carrie explaining how not getting double drops are an improvement.

CANNOT WAIT.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    Bettz wrote: »
    Weak sauce...its once a year guys, toss us some double drops so each player can focus on stuff we actually need.

well i need DN and Gar so this is great
  • RogueTrooper
    30 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    CG idea of a celebration event sux

what a pile of rubbish
  • gunff
    287 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know about you guys but I'm really enjoying the extra shards of characters I just got to 7* after spending months on their hard nodes.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    No one cares about bonus shards...

Speak for yourself, I'm actively farming four of those six characters right now.

@CG_Leviathan can you clarify if the GEC drops are available on mod challenges too or just cantina table? Thanks.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Cstone812
    266 posts Member
    Options
    gunff wrote: »
    I don't know about you guys but I'm really enjoying the extra shards of characters I just got to 7* after spending months on their hard nodes.

Yup! I just 7* Nihilus today so this is a little disappointing.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    These announced promos are absolute garbage. "Chance" of GET, just like there is a "chance" of omega. And random character shards for any hard nodes? What is this nonsense? Should have just given double drops so we can farm what we want.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    Double Drops cant be their answer to everything, they need to mix it up, and i think this does that.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    These announced promos are absolute garbage. "Chance" of GET, just like there is a "chance" of omega. And random character shards for any hard nodes? What is this nonsense? Should have just given double drops so we can farm what we want.

They should have just given us all unlocked Trayas ammirite?
  • Options
    I read the original update notes, before they clarified it, and it looked like the bonus drops were full characters, not shards.
    Got my hopes up! :p
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

No, but they have done much better than this in the past. This is such a big let down.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options

No, but they have done much better than this in the past. This is such a big let down.

Last years May the 4th was an R2 event, and this year is bonus drops, seems better to me.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »

Last years May the 4th was an R2 event, and this year is bonus drops, seems better to me.

We also got some reworks and random updates to things like ships. The year before we had double drops on everything. Getting worse every year, so far.
  • Undead
    11 posts Member
    Options
    I’m very grateful and excited thanks CG
    “Always pass on what you have learned.” Yoda
  • newbornFL
    483 posts Member
    Options
    this is utter trash thanks

Lvl 90 is incoming,this is how you prepare your fanbase.

• Options
    And every player who has raid han for years or months now?
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options

What's this we? I need almost all of those toons, so I'm happy. You don't speak for me. Also, not every player is a veteran. I created an alt recently and am in a guild with all new players. They are stoked about this.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

You don't like the shard shop?
  • Aldaron
    175 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I guess it's nice for new players, for old ones the 4th rewards are junk. Past years were much, much better.

10 shards for the shop? Really? What do you get with that?
  • CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you for the ability material packs. Crossing my fingers for a lot of Holdo shards from the bonus drops.
  • Sonido
    81 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Jeric wrote: »

What's this we? I need almost all of those toons, so I'm happy. You don't speak for me. Also, not every player is a veteran. I created an alt recently and am in a guild with all new players. They are stoked about this.

you just too newbie to understand it

double drop means you can focus on what you need instead of what you forced to get
  • Bettz
    29 posts Member
    Options

What's this we? I need almost all of those toons, so I'm happy. You don't speak for me. Also, not every player is a veteran. I created an alt recently and am in a guild with all new players. They are stoked about this. [/quote]

Cool. Double across would accomplish this for you as well. Just saying may the 4th is a big deal for star wars, and such a limited bonus that only works for some players is disappointing.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    No one cares about bonus shards...

Speak for yourself, I'm actively farming four of those six characters right now.
    Lol, I'm a "launch" player and I am in the same boat. I am excited about the May 4th events!

There are apparently a few people on the forums who, if you bought them a steak dinner (or lobster, if red meat ain't their favorite), would complain because you didn't cut it up for them too.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    Aldaron wrote: »
    I guess it's nice for new players, for old ones the 4th rewards are junk. Past years were much, much better.

gear
  • C3hyp77
    162 posts Member
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Aldaron wrote: »

gear

not even 6 ...10*15 = 150
  • Options
    Is it me or are they really pushing RAID HAN. Maybe the new han will really be unlocked by the 4 we have in the game.