Question for bounty Hunters

PeteSolo
173 posts Member
edited May 2018
With the rework and the contracts it seems like a no-brainer that the entire purpose of it is to make sure you hit the target to get the payouts asap.

My question is mostly directed to the devs as to whether the AI on defense will be programmed to prioritize the target to get the contracts completed faster.

This is an incredibly important aspect of the rework and it could make all the difference in the world when it comes to how this team performs and whether it will be viable and worth gearing or not. Because if you have 5 targets and 20% chance to hit either one then payouts may never occur which makes the squad useless.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Probably not. This "aspect of the rework" is focused on arena, and they had stated they didn't see this as making them arena viable.

I'm not saying they didn't make changes but I just dont think so from what they said.
  • Bumping this, as I have the same question. Also, to be fair, this is not only a relevant query for arena but also Territory War. If I know the AI is too dumb to go after contracts, then there's no point in ever leaving a BH team on defense.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    So actually I think I figured this out the other day. I was pretty hacked that they didnt seem to do so in GW when I hit auto.

BUT the enemy leader is selected by default when you start. What you have to do to test is Hit Auto and then Immediately click on the leader to unselect him. The the AI will fully take over targeting. Once I did that it seems to do much better. It did not attack contract target 100% but it did seem to prioritize it much better.

At least that is how it appeared to me.

EDIT and my g8-9 BH team is good for 5-10 wins on D usually in middle zone, so something is working. They get crazy TW bonuses so do well.
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • Thanks for the tip. I've nearly got Bossk to G11, so I may have to drop them on D and see how they do!
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Right now I run Boba lead until I zeta Bossk. I dont know what your team looks like but I recommend Zam. If you have Denger run Zam and Dengar both and drop 88. The amount of TM the thermal detonators give is crazy under Boba. I would not omega her electro goggle because the AI will spam it over her TDs.

And to be fair my BH have been on D 4 times. They won 5, 6, 16 (aberration), and last time got one-shot by a guild that one-shot almost all of our teams. Mine is g8 or g9 and I put them in middle zone. No team is perfect but they do ok. Once people understand them they wont have quite the suprise factor but the TW bonus they get is pretty stout.