Galactic War requirements for simming

Prev1
madhader
72 posts Member
Can we please get the requirement to sim GW changed? Either make GW easier or reduce the required number of times to complete to 50. If you consider the fact that 150 completions is the equivalent of at least 5 months of winning every single day, you’re looking at an average of 8-10 months of playing the game before you can sim the table. Ludicrous.

Replies

• Lol no
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    We had to do it, you can too.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Honestly, it should just be sim-able @ lvl 85. The other requirement is pointless & just becomes an EXTREMELY mundane task at that point.

Yes, I can SIM it on both accounts & this does not effect me directly. But, it was a huge irritation after 85 on my second.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    madhader wrote: »
    Can we please get the requirement to sim GW changed? Either make GW easier or reduce the required number of times to complete to 50. If you consider the fact that 150 completions is the equivalent of at least 5 months of winning every single day, you’re looking at an average of 8-10 months of playing the game before you can sim the table. Ludicrous.

This is seriously NOT an unreasonable request. Don't let anyone discourage you from asking. I used to get flamed for asking about removing SIM tickets... gasp... look what happened.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    t0neg0d wrote: »
    I used to get flamed for asking about removing SIM tickets... gasp... look what happened.

Nothing happened. We had plenty of sim tickets and now we have plenty plus more. Big deal.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Well we had to do it but we also didn't have 3 raids, one that's permanently running at lower end guilds due to ticket accumulation along with TB and TW with it.

The game's playing time has increased significantly over the past few months so I wouldn't compare the situation we were in, when we would run out of things to do, vs the situation new players are in where they have an endless amount of activities to do .

I'd say there's nothing wrong with letting them Sim GW, it's a boring mode compared to what we have now and it serves no purpose other than to annoy players. Back in the day it was a filler mode where you would justify spending 10-20 minutes on, now it's just another distraction and time killer because there are far more important things to do in the game.

I try not to be selfish about it, whether these players can sim it or not, it doesn't affect me personally in any way shape or form so why would I care? Just give them what they want
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    I used to get flamed for asking about removing SIM tickets... gasp... look what happened.

Nothing happened. We had plenty of sim tickets and now we have plenty plus more. Big deal.

Which made them become obsolete in a "resource management" game, which I believe you called it in the last thread about getting SIM tickets removed.

It was & is a HUGE deal for lower lvl accounts, which are critical to keeping the game alive.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

Which made them become obsolete in a "resource management" game, which I believe you called it in the last thread about getting SIM tickets removed.

It was & is a HUGE deal for lower lvl accounts, which are critical to keeping the game alive.

I was a lower level account at one time and I only occasionally had to manage that resource. You grow out of that need. Still not a big deal. No matter how many CAPITAL LETTERS you use.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    PeteSolo wrote: »
    I try not to be selfish about it, whether these players can sim it or not, it doesn't affect me personally in any way shape or form so why would I care? Just give them what they want

How is it selfish to expect everyone to progress in the game? GW is a roster test. Letting them just sim it removes that challenge from the game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They have plans for it, so its probably not going to change before they try to overhaul it. I would think.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member

How is it selfish to expect everyone to progress in the game? GW is a roster test. Letting them just sim it removes that challenge from the game.

Once you hit 82, it is no longer a test of anything other than patients. GW no longer requires zFinn resistance to complete it. It is no great accomplishment or a way to test new teams any longer. There is no reason to require the 150 completions... it is one of the largest, unneeded time-sinks in the game now & this is why they allow us to SIM it. Why would CG want to irritate new (potential long term) revenue sources?
  • madhader
    72 posts Member

I’m not asking to just sim it, I understand having a requirement before being able to do that. But to expect 8-10 months of gameplay before that happens is ridiculous. I’m level 85 and only have 40/150 completions. At this point it’s just a hoop, not a help.
  • madhader
    72 posts Member

Once you hit 82, it is no longer a test of anything other than patients. GW no longer requires zFinn resistance to complete it. It is no great accomplishment or a way to test new teams any longer. There is no reason to require the 150 completions... it is one of the largest, unneeded time-sinks in the game now & this is why they allow us to SIM it. Why would CG want to irritate new (potential long term) revenue sources?

I’m level 85 and have 40/150 completions. It is nothing but an irritation at this point.
  • madhader
    72 posts Member

That is never a valid reason.
  • madhader
    72 posts Member
    Lol no

I’m not asking them to remove it, just to reduce it. Why “lol, no”? Absolutely no good reason not to.
  • madhader wrote: »
    Lol no

I’m not asking them to remove it, just to reduce it. Why “lol, no”? Absolutely no good reason not to.

Actually no good reason to lower it, they chose 150 as the achievement level to sim , simming Gw is to reward players for developing their rosters to the point of being able to consistently handle Gw . Lowering it to fifty is funny, because players that aren’t even mid 70s can hit that target,
  • And that’s overlooking that the debs have stated Gw is meant to be a challenge, AND not meant to be beaten every day until you develop your roster
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member

Lol no

Actually no good reason to lower it, they chose 150 as the achievement level to sim , simming Gw is to reward players for developing their rosters to the point of being able to consistently handle Gw . Lowering it to fifty is funny, because players that aren’t even mid 70s can hit that target,

Actually there is a great reason to lower to 0. It is only half of the requirement. The other half is being lvl 85. No one at lvl 70 is meeting that requirement, if my math is still solid.
  • t0neg0d wrote: »
    Lol no

Actually there is a great reason to lower to 0. It is only half of the requirement. The other half is being lvl 85. No one at lvl 70 is meeting that requirement, if my math is still solid.

Your math might be, but a level 70 player can have 50 completions ,
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member

Right? Glad this attitude wasn't taken w/ the production of food & medicine lol.

Seriously though, the forum is full of trolls just waiting for a thread like this (obviously). You have every right to request this... but I'd suggest posting your request, checking for dev response & avoid arguing with people who have absolutely no say in what does & doesn't change in the game. It literally is pointless. Likely, the person arguing w/ you would normally agree, but the urge to argue outweighs common courtesy/sense.
  • madhader
    72 posts Member
    Lol no

Interesting. I’m 85 and have 40/150 completions. I get what the devs are saying, but 8-10 months of play before simming? That is still ridiculous. The best reason to lower it is to not have 20-30 minute daily mundane element of the game.
  • madhader
    72 posts Member

Right? Glad this attitude wasn't taken w/ the production of food & medicine lol.

Seriously though, the forum is full of trolls just waiting for a thread like this (obviously). You have every right to request this... but I'd suggest posting your request, checking for dev response & avoid arguing with people who have absolutely no say in what does & doesn't change in the game. It literally is pointless. Likely, the person arguing w/ you would normally agree, but the urge to argue outweighs common courtesy/sense.

Haha. Thanks. Very true, and I forget that too often.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Also according to this

I’m level 85 and have 40/150 completions. It is nothing but an irritation at this point.

Just being level 85 doesn't mean you have a developed enough roster to consistently beat galactic war.

There is also the achievement to consider, you get bonus stuff for completing it 150 times, I don't remember what it is and how valuable it is but it is free stuff.

This would be like me saying my guild has HAAT on farm haven't failed since the first time we completed it I shouldn't have to wait 30 more raids to 7 star GK I should just get him now
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    GW can be a pain. I get it. I always thought it was fairly easy myself but I’ve always been good about building teams that can win in almost any situation. Other people need help doing that and needed help in GW. It’s no longer hard for anyone. Because it’s so mind numbingly easy now, it’s an exercise in patience (not patients).

I guess if it were up to me, I’d have to ask if you’re completing GW every day. If you have 40 completions and have had GW open for 80 days then I would say you absolutely should not be simming GW because it’s set up so that you have to earn the right to sim it right now. However, if you’ve cleared it for 40 days straight and have only had it open for 40 days then I say that simming it at 50 is no problem whatsoever.

But that’s just me.
  • DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    content://media/external/file/34218
    Interesting. I’m 85 and have 40/150 completions. I get what the devs are saying, but 8-10 months of play before simming? That is still ridiculous. The best reason to lower it is to not have 20-30 minute daily mundane element of the game.[/quote]

If it takes 30 minuites to complete you still have some roster work to do. By the time I had enough wins to sim it, I could put it on auto and beat it in 10 min with no effort.
  • madhader
    72 posts Member
    sying wrote: »
    GW can be a pain. I get it. I always thought it was fairly easy myself but I’ve always been good about building teams that can win in almost any situation. Other people need help doing that and needed help in GW. It’s no longer hard for anyone. Because it’s so mind numbingly easy now, it’s an exercise in patience (not patients).

I guess if it were up to me, I’d have to ask if you’re completing GW every day. If you have 40 completions and have had GW open for 80 days then I would say you absolutely should not be simming GW because it’s set up so that you have to earn the right to sim it right now. However, if you’ve cleared it for 40 days straight and have only had it open for 40 days then I say that simming it at 50 is no problem whatsoever.

But that’s just me.

I have been trying to complete it every day and have been able to about 80% of the time over the last couple of months. Part of the issue has been my fault where I didn’t realize I should try to finish the whole thing each day until I was in the late 50 or early 60 levels. It’s just frustrating that at level 85 I now have so many days still left before I can sim it if I want. I would prefer the option of simming if I want or not simming on days I want to try out new teams. But to not have that choice for another 3 or 4 months is frustrating.
  • madhader
    72 posts Member
    content://media/external/file/34218
    Interesting. I’m 85 and have 40/150 completions. I get what the devs are saying, but 8-10 months of play before simming? That is still ridiculous. The best reason to lower it is to not have 20-30 minute daily mundane element of the game.

If it takes 30 minuites to complete you still have some roster work to do. By the time I had enough wins to sim it, I could put it on auto and beat it in 10 min with no effort.[/quote]

I get that, but if you’re just doing the whole thing on auto, why not just have the option of simming instead? On those days I don’t have time to spend testing new teams I’d rather be able to sim. I would just like choice instead of no option.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    sying wrote: »

But that’s just me.

I have been trying to complete it every day and have been able to about 80% of the time over the last couple of months. Part of the issue has been my fault where I didn’t realize I should try to finish the whole thing each day until I was in the late 50 or early 60 levels. It’s just frustrating that at level 85 I now have so many days still left before I can sim it if I want. I would prefer the option of simming if I want or not simming on days I want to try out new teams. But to not have that choice for another 3 or 4 months is frustrating.

To me, since you’ve only been able to finish it 80% of the time, regardless of the reason, you shouldn’t be able to sim it yet. At least under the current system.

I know you want to be able to sim this feature. To me and a lot of people that looks like you want rewards for nothing. You have to be able to prove you can do GW consistently (at least that seems to be the intent) before you can sim it. 80% isn’t all that consistent. Not when people playing since launch still have single digit losses in gw.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    If they chose to make GW sim-able for people who are still struggling they might aswell get rid of the game mode entirely and just add the rewards to the daily activities.
    However, when you've reached that point when GW becomes way too easy and it's basically impossible to not clear GW it becomes a waste of time if you "have to" auto through it instead of just being able to sim it.
    Unfortunately it's probably way to difficult for the game to determine whether or not a player has reached that point, so they chose 150 clears.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • madhader
    72 posts Member
    It’s obvious that there are a lot of divided opinions on this subject, and I can see that both sides have valid points both for and against reducing the required number of completions before simming.

What about this as a compromise: create checkpoints on the GW table. Say, every 3rd node is a checkpoint. Once you have reached a checkpoint “X” number of times you can sim up to that checkpoint. That would reduce some of the tedium, but still require working on improving teams for the higher nodes, and even allow for focusing on more difficult battles. This is a possible scenario = node 3 checkpoint - 25 completions; node 6 checkpoint - 50 completions; node 9 checkpoint - 75 completions; node 12 checkpoint - 150 completions.