Galactic War requirements for simming

2Next

Replies

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    You know what's more mundane? Rancor raid. Takes me less time to solo it than a full run of GW. Might as well let me sim the Rancor too eh?
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    madhader wrote: »
    It’s obvious that there are a lot of divided opinions on this subject, and I can see that both sides have valid points both for and against reducing the required number of completions before simming.

What about this as a compromise: create checkpoints on the GW table. Say, every 3rd node is a checkpoint. Once you have reached a checkpoint “X” number of times you can sim up to that checkpoint. That would reduce some of the tedium, but still require working on improving teams for the higher nodes, and even allow for focusing on more difficult battles. This is a possible scenario = node 3 checkpoint - 25 completions; node 6 checkpoint - 50 completions; node 9 checkpoint - 75 completions; node 12 checkpoint - 150 completions.

I think that's a pretty solid idea actually.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Absolutely agree with madhader. That idea is a perfect way to reduce time consumption and still rewarding the roster depth and effort. I would love to see that asap.
  • t0neg0d wrote: »
    Lol no

I’m not asking them to remove it, just to reduce it. Why “lol, no”? Absolutely no good reason not to.

Actually no good reason to lower it, they chose 150 as the achievement level to sim , simming Gw is to reward players for developing their rosters to the point of being able to consistently handle Gw . Lowering it to fifty is funny, because players that aren’t even mid 70s can hit that target,

Actually there is a great reason to lower to 0. It is only half of the requirement. The other half is being lvl 85. No one at lvl 70 is meeting that requirement, if my math is still solid.

Your math might be, but a level 70 can have 50 completions ,

How many FTP players that are level 70 do you know that have hit 50 GW completions? It am level 81, and I just hit 50 yesterday. Granted, I was working against myself for some time because I kept leveling up my top team, which directly affects your GW Difficulty, but still. I am seriously asking, how many?

For the VAST majority of players who are FTP, it takes a LONG time to get to 150. We have a few in our guild who have recently hit level 85 with 4 to 6 decent to good complete teams that run into Zeta-maxed G12 super teams in GW, and they still get stonewalled in 12 node sometimes.

Read up and down the GW list: long time players say it's a waste of time because it's too easy, and lower level players find it VERY difficult. Some days I wonder why I can't SIM because it's easy, and others I wonder if they haven't accidentally assigned me someone else's GW opponents because it is literally unbeatable.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Lol no

I’m not asking them to remove it, just to reduce it. Why “lol, no”? Absolutely no good reason not to.

Actually no good reason to lower it, they chose 150 as the achievement level to sim , simming Gw is to reward players for developing their rosters to the point of being able to consistently handle Gw . Lowering it to fifty is funny, because players that aren’t even mid 70s can hit that target,

Interesting. I’m 85 and have 40/150 completions. I get what the devs are saying, but 8-10 months of play before simming? That is still ridiculous. The best reason to lower it is to not have 20-30 minute daily mundane element of the game.

I started in December and hit level 85 this week. Until today have been mostly F2P except for a £20 crystal pack and the Vader bundle. I have 120 completions and since I unlocked phoenix I can recall one day when I couldn't beat GW. That one day I made a stupid mistake. I regularly beat GW opponents with g12 toons with my g10/11 squad because the AI is stupid.

Are you aware that you can retreat during a battle and if you do so you can try again without losing your toons?

Edit: I will admit though that I have seen guildmates occasionally presented with squads that I don't believe they are able to beat. This seems to happen in the high 70s/low 80s when you don't have access to zetas/g12 and your node 12 opponent does.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • I started in Nov of 2016 and still had 30 or so left when they put the sim in. By then I was beating it on auto every day. Could I have complained that they needed less wins to sim? Sure but actually I was just glad you could eventually sim it instead of doing it until the end of time. Also if you have days where it is easy and days where it is a beast, then you're not to the point of needing to sim it yet. Next comes the point where you can beat it everyday but have to use more than one team. Then you can beat it everyday with one team if you care about your battles and try. Then the final stage is when you can auto it and never lose a character. That seems to be the point they intended the sims to be for. Also the tier system mentioned wouldn't work. The biggest difficulty of gw is that your team is worn down in the first 11 battles and by the 12th you have to win with what's left. I don't know how many times i got to the point that i lost in the 12th battle just because my roster had been destroyed by the grind of earlier battles. Letting you sim some of those battles would remove the difficulty altogether before you mastered it. And i actually liked gw up until the point where i could auto it. At that point you might as well sim it. But they shouldn't change it so that you can sim it before you mastered it and reducing the win requirement would likely do that.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I started April 2017 and was plenty over 150 when sims came in.

And I never used one team through all the nodes. Multiple teams for TM loading and flexibility.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Different strategies i guess. I'm not claiming to be the best. The point is that the 150 wins is as good a benchmark as any as to gw being increadibly easy. By that point you likely could auto it with one team if you tried.
  • I spent entirely too much time gearing crap characters just because they were currently my strongest. But you live and learn. Gw is a pain with CloneWars chewie, jedi counclior, sideous, clone sergent, and a weak barris btw. But at the time I didn't know any better. Though there were days i could beat it with that though not akk that often.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    I spent entirely too much time gearing **** characters just because they were currently my strongest. But you live and learn. Gw is a pain with CloneWars chewie, jedi counclior, sideous, clone sergent, and a weak barris btw. But at the time I didn't know any better. Though there were days i could beat it with that though not akk that often.

GW is scaled to Stat Power which is weighted heavily towards Protection/Health. Gearing a weak tank like CW Chewie is really the definition of needlessly increasing your GW difficulty lol.
  • Yeah well a bit late on that one. I know better now.
  • Started late January, level 83, 112/150. Will I be at 150 when I hit 85? Probably not. Will I be close? Yep. I've only failed to clear GW a handful of times since it opened.
    If you're in your 80s with only <50 clears, then you've not gotten a handle on that game mode yet.

I'm not sure why the big press to sim - you can already sim so much of this game...it's like people don't even want to play it. Log in, sim sim sim sim log out.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • It does make sense to be able sim modes that are super easy. For example farming an an easy cantina mode and having to play through it every time is tedious. Gw is also basically farming gw currency after awhile. I do agree that there are many in a hurry to do so before it gets super easy. I wouldn't mind them adding a tier to ls and ds and cantina and challenges with better rewards. I like playing those modes but not the super easy ones over and over. They could even add a gw phase 2 that is harder and has a new store or guild event currency. I would play through that rather than sim but there's no point in playing through the really easy stuff.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    The only reason I hope to sim one day is to avoid annoying teams setup by people miles ahead of me. Otherwise, I enjoy playing through gw myself, though I might still sim the first 6-9nodes, will only sim the last couple if I can't beat them :D

Up to 70ish completions so far at lvl79, so I think I am doing well enough. I will say that 150 seems like a daunting task, but honestly feels like it was designed for long term players. People have been playing this game for longer then a year, its not really made for people who have only played the game a handful of months.

Even if I think as well that 85 should be the only requirement, I like having more things to do, games very active, not really like an idle game at all, and its great.
  • You can’t sim nodes at your leisure, it’s either all 12 at once, or whatever number you have not beaten so far, You can’t sim the first three or six for example , then play the back six, gotta play all the way thru to play those
  • Once you reach 150 wins the last 3 nodes aren't very challenging anyway.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    You can’t sim nodes at your leisure, it’s either all 12 at once, or whatever number you have not beaten so far, You can’t sim the first three or six for example , then play the back six, gotta play all the way thru to play those

;-;