How should I mod the shore trooper?

I need help deciding on how to mod my shore. Should I focus more on health and protection or should I focus more on speed rather then health and protection?
Please vote on the poll and leave a comment below. Thank you!

How should I mod the shore trooper? 16 votes

Health an protection (with no speed)
87%
CCyrilSRavenclawsSpartan549KyJoe_Coolt0neg0ddimi4aAleSahnDroh_1979freshprince19888Maxx121312Padi94CunningLinguistSDGravesSzalonyZolwMagicMatthews99 14 votes
Speed (focus primarily on speed health and protection are irrelevant)
12%
HuatimusNocturnal_Glow 2 votes

Replies

• KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    For shoretrooper I would say health and protection would be ideal for him solely because he's a tank and because of survivability. With him specifically in my experience and from what I've heard his speed isn't as important.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    Does he need at least some extra speed if possible? Or don't even try to give him any speed at all?
  • Options
    Speed (focus primarily on speed health and protection are irrelevant)
    If all your troopers are fast he can be fast as well to proc his heal ability more often
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    The only tank in this game that does better w/ no speed is Baze. U want 3 health sets, prot primary cross, triangle and circle and as much secondary speed as possible.

On a Nov. 2015 shard, always top 10 at payout, running zzThrawn(L), zzEP, zDT, DK, Shore.

Shore only has +92 speed atm and I wish he had more but my best/fastest set of 6 health mods w/ 3 prot primaries r on zzEP so I have to make due.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Speed and protection.

Health isn't particularly important except against Noms.

Speed is the god stat on almost everyone.
    Still not a he.
  • BlackHawk75k
    81 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Thank you for the comments so far.
    Please keep the comments coming in.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Options
    His heal is based off of his health. The more health the better.

He is usually run with thrawn, so speed is not a problem. best possible scenario in arena is having him stunned w/ taunt up. At that point, the slower the better. Thrawn feeds him tm when speed is important.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    t0neg0d wrote: »

He is usually run with thrawn, so speed is not a problem. best possible scenario in arena is having him stunned w/ taunt up. At that point, the slower the better. Thrawn feeds him tm when speed is important.

Not really, because TM is more likely to go to DT. Or for me, I use Rex with my Thrawn team when vs palp and first TM swap goes to him. My shore is modded for health and protection with a tenacity cross.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Also, it kinda matters where you're using him... With what squad, which game mode etc. If arena, what teams do face, or struggle against?
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    t0neg0d wrote: »

Not really, because TM is more likely to go to DT. Or for me, I use Rex with my Thrawn team when vs palp and first TM swap goes to him. My shore is modded for health and protection with a tenacity cross.

I run palp, vader, thrawn, dt & shore. Shore usually get attention 1st, but once TM is rolling, yeah it goes to DT. Once shore throws crit immunity up, his job is basically done anyways. Fight is over before its needed again.
  • BlackHawk75k
    81 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Also, it kinda matters where you're using him... With what squad, which game mode etc. If arena, what teams do face, or struggle against?

My focus is arena, I have all of the stages and battles in light, dark, and cantina battles 3 starred. So my focus is arena. (Goal is to get into the top 50's)
    Currently I am running Emp.P(Leader), Vader, Thrawn, Tie Fighter Pilot, and Grand Moff Tarkin. (All have speed of about 200 or greater.)
    My problem is not that I can't beat anyone my problem is staying in the 150's once I get there.
    Currently I am floating around the 200 mark, I can get to 150 in PVP but then about 20 minutes later I'm back at around the 270 mark and I am out of attempts In the arena.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Does he need at least some extra speed if possible? Or don't even try to give him any speed at all?

@BlackHawk75k Of course! LOL. Out of the two, health/protection or speed, imo health and prot should be his priority. But ALWAYS if you have the availability on mods/credits to give a toon mods with speed in addition to the primary you want, do it. If you can give shoretrooper mods with say a health or prot primary and speed secondary then by all means do so. ;) Oh yeah and speed primary on the arrow... ALWAYS... :tongue:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    Thank you all your comments have been greatly appreciated an helpful. Thank you